***2012 MLB AMERICAS PAST TIME THREAD***

IHATEU

i guess ill set it off cuz Lugr is lagging...

japan is due 4 another legend.

i have a feeling about this guy

HOLD THE PHONE RALPH'S GOT A FEELING

thats what im saying, everyone had a feeling about DAISUKE MATSUZAKA paying retarded amounts just to talk to this guy and he has been a bust after that one 18win season. and even that was not from the greatest pitching...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darvish is definitely a huge risk signing, but his NPB stats are wayyy more impressive than dice-k's were. That certainly doesn't mean he couldn't be a flop though. We shall see.

On another note, glad to see the twins are pursuing Kubel now, but it's probably too late after the way we've treated the guy. I really hope we sign him and have an outfield of willingham, span, Kubel and use revere as a backup/pinch runner.

giants03.jpg

gotta put LUGR on the first page...

so...

hows everyone feel about their teams...?

twins look better...

mets look worse then ever...

yankees? i dont think they are any better then last season are they?

boston? new coach, but lost closer, big papi's old as fuck....

SF... we now, they are already the BEST, so how could they get better...

texas i have to believe wont be as good as they were...

i think sleepers will be ATLANTA, dare i say cubs? possibly...

i like the phils moves, doesnt take away from the fact that they r old fucks suffering impotence at the plate, but i still like the changes...

SF locked a lot of important bullpen guys and let go of rowand, burrell, torres, j sanchez. I am really looking forward to the younger guys (crawford, belt, pill) having bigger roles next year. I don't want beltran, let him go to the rockies or wherever.

honestly I feel a little bad for texas.....nelson cruz you fucked up!

sanchez has Ace stuff, but he is a fucking headcase and probably will never reach his true potential.

I've still got love for him though.

obviously hitting is still the main concern, but I gotta say I am NOT a fan of the short sighted offensive rental (beltran) train of thought as Ive said before. hopefully because we are no longer defending champs Sabean won't be so eager to try and buy another ring at the expense of the team's future.

so...

twins look better...

mets look worse then ever...

yankees? i dont think they are any better then last season are they?

boston? new coach, but lost closer, big papi's old as fuck....

SF... we now, they are already the BEST, so how could they get better...

texas i have to believe wont be as good as they were...

i think sleepers will be ATLANTA, dare i say cubs? possibly...

i like the phils moves, doesnt take away from the fact that they r old fucks suffering impotence at the plate, but i still like the changes...

Haven't been paying too much attention to the AL East, but I assume it's going to look about like how

it always does. NL East is gonna be close as fuck as usual, but even more so with this new push by

the Marlins, and if Strasburg can stay healthy up in Washington. Braves are looking about like they

did last year, which is A-ok with me as long as they can avoid choking in September again. I think this

current Phils roster will be a powerhouse for another 2 maybe 3 years, but they really need to start

looking at some younger guys if they want to stay competitive over the long term. Giants will

probably take the nl west, but only because the division is still weak. I swear to god if Texas makes it

to the WS again, I'll stop watching baseball, I heard they were looking at a new pitcher by the name

of Jaun Morestrike. It'll be most interesting to see how the Brew crew looks this year without Fielder,

and probably Braun at first, also be interesting to see how St. Louis handles losing their big bat.

Looking forward to the new season, but I gotta say, mentally, it's been nice not having baseball.

Shit starts to wear me down. I'm sick of typing, so that's all for now.

im not sure why this thread runs solo, but ok.

as far as dice k goes ya that bosox cheque that got cashed by him n his agent just to -allow- the first discussions was insaneoh but i dont care what you say an 18 win season is of high caliber. tho my memory is faded im assuming yer run production was still balling bac then with papi and manny's one two punch was straight shutting teams down.

not to mention the papplebaun deadbolt in the 9th.

those years were fun to watch boston, i always liked okajima to.

as for other japanese dudes in the game you cannot front on the fact ICHIRO is the best hitter in the game today and should go down as one of the best ever. the guys insane. great fielder to.

but tho us canucks are few n far between weve got high caliber representation in americas past time and imma bout to show em some love.

justin-morneau.jpg

votto-joey101121_584.jpg

JasonBay1.jpg

RyanDempsterChicagoCubsvPittsburghPiratesj7PGL1QrIt9l.jpg

0516-Jeff-Francis-Primary_20100516135901_660_320.jpg

so...

twins look better...

I can't imagine how we could be worse than the 2011 season, so thats not saying much, but I've been pretty happy with our offseason moves thus far. We still need a good starting pitcher and some bullpen help, and then there are a lot of big "if"s for the Twins. If Mauer and Morneau can produce and play 120+ games. If our starting pitchers can stay healthy. If our bullpen can get it's shit together. Etc, etc.

At this point, I'm hoping for a .500 season and anything better would be bonus. A lot rides on Mauer, Morneau, and our starting pitchers not constantly hitting the DL. But the same could be said for most teams and a few position players and their starting pitchers. It's too early to make any definitive calls, in my opinion, but I'm definitely a lot happier with the Twins than I was about a month ago before we fired Bill Smith and started making some moves. And as much as Detroit fans might like to act like they have the AL central locked up, it's still anyone's game.

justin-morneau.jpg

:( :( :(

I really hope this dude is fully recovered this season. Lost a lot of time between recurring symptoms and nagging hand pain which medical staff couldn't figure out until a doctor determined that it was a pinched nerve in his neck.

Dude was on pace to have a monster season in 2010 until that fateful day in Toronto when he got the concussion in game #81.

He had started all 81 games at that point, and was batting .345 with 18 HR, 56 RBI, and 25 doubles.