Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freakeenyc

Pearls Before Breakfast

Unless they're terrible and they annoy me, I usually give a buck to anyone playing music on the street/ subway. At least they're doing something, y'know?

One time, I was having a pretty shitty day and was really stressed out about a bunch of petty bullshit. I was waiting for a train, and some dude in the station was playing guitar and singing, and I recognized a few of the songs from records my dad used to play when I was growing up. I wound up skipping two trains and listening to this dude for almost half an hour. It completely turned my day around.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the article, but I think it's cool when talented musicians just play somewhere like that. And I know you guys like coolstorybros.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I bet way more people would have stopped if the RZA was performing in the same spot at the same time. I'd like to think that the general public has little to no interest in classical music, I know I sure as shit do not. If I would have saw that guy playing when and where he was, my first reaction would have been either "fucking weirdo" or "look at this attention starved asshole."

I'm not a classical aficionado or anything, but all big dawg real nikka jokes aside I enjoy it...it's an important foundation to Western music, if anything I think it deserves a head nod for that. Plus I think it's cool to catch a piece on the radio that's been sampled in a song I like...that goes for any genre really, not just classical.

Even in a smaller city like the one I live in, I don't think people really consider it weird or attention seeking to do this, it's just creative panhandling. Much rather deal with this than some asshole shaking a cup in my face when I walk into CVS talking like "bring me your change when you come out."

for two years I walked past some aboriginal buskers with a didjeridu and techno music setup near where I caught my ferry home.

every second day my timing would be exact. as I be walking past they'd be yelling

"this next song is called walkabout warrior" then they'd start off

oontz oontz oontz

oooooooorrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhr click click oontz oontz onntz cllcik click oooooooooo etc.

sydney heads know the ones.

killed me on buskers.

only way i wud give this mafucka tha time wuz if he wuz playin a sample 4 a rza beat

Ruler Zig-Zag-Zig Allah, yo.