The Art Where Dreams Come True (my site's up)

Sonik3000

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by furious pete

you made a site all about yourself? i've never seen anything so conceited that was related to graffiti, well i probably have but i cant think of anything right now. this is "shameless self promotion" at its best. your crew or you and your friends is different but youself? it kind of makes me sick but, i'll check it out anyway.

hahahahaha

dude. you are a retard. DAIM has his own site. so does EMIT. and like fourty gagillion other people. yeah its self promotion but not the way you are percieving it. lots of artists utilize the web as a way of promotion to other people and it an easy way to show people what youve been up to. there are other epople on his site too.

the is nothing wrong with having your own webpage or site. if i had the time and money id have one becuae its easier than a godamn telephone and easier than having to truck a portfolio around and easier than snail mail. not that any of those are bad but a website is a handy tool.

go go soniko.

Guest 1LIFE2LIVE

(fade in scene. Dmitri and Alexander are standing in Luther's living room.)

Dmitri: (irritated) Alexander, why are you so conceited? You have a beautiful wife you never even give the time of day.

Alexander: (distant and bored looking) Dmitri (sighs), it's my art. It consumes me. It's hard being so talented and rich.

Dmitri: Your wife, Anastasia, ays you're hardly ever around, either. What is going on? Are you having an affair?

Alexander: No. I'm busy traveling the world, spreading my art and bragging about how I can visit so many countries and live at my leisure, all the while doing sub par artwork. (Alexander slumps back on the plush couch, bored and overstimulated from traveling the world. He appears ready to doze off with boredom)

Dmitri: (angry now) Well, your wife is lonely and needs a man around. Anastasia and I are having an affair. She's pregnant with my child, as you prance around the globe talking about yourself. (Dmitri turns to walk away)

(Infuriated, Alexander leaps from the plush couch and grabs Dmitri's shoulder. Cue action music. He spins Dmitri around and plants a weak punch on Dmitri's strong, square chin. Dmitri barely flinches.)

Alexander: Take that, you cad!

(Dmitri roars and peels off his loose shirt, revealing rippling biceps, triceps and all that shit. He winds up and throws a powerful punch at Alexander, the world traveling artist. Alexander somhow miraculously dodges the blow and reaches into his pocket. He pulls out a credit card and flings it at Dmitri, who starts to lunge. The card flies through the air and smacks on Dmitri's forehead. The force of the blow renders Dmitri unconscious and he gets amnesia.)

Alexander: (Picks up his credit card with a flourish. Fade out action music) (Smugly) Now Dmitri...you should know better than to attack me. I'm a master at credit cards. Charging, swiping, I even memorized the number, and can accomodate for the weight distribution of the magnetic strip when throwing.

(Alexander turns and walks towards the door, opens it, but turns back to the unconscious, though still buff and sweaty, Dmitri.)

Alexander: Perhaps next time you will know better than to tangle with me. (looks houghtful) Hmmm....perhaps I'll go back to Nepal next week, maybe tour the Riviera in the spring...... (walks out the door, fade out to commercial break)

Originally posted by furious pete

you made a site all about yourself? i've never seen anything so conceited that was related to graffiti, well i probably have but i cant think of anything right now. this is "shameless self promotion" at its best. your crew or you and your friends is different but youself? it kind of makes me sick but, i'll check it out anyway.

hahahahaha

Hey now...DONT TALK LIKE SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION IS A BAD THING!! Besides, soniks shit should be shamelessly self promoted...its dope ass shit, i dont see other writers goin out and doin shit as colorful and creative as his...

Props to sonik.

Keep it up..!

Man, that soap opera thing was hilarious..... good, creative, thoughtful hate I tell ya... I could be off base but the writing style smacks of an old old friend of mine....hmmm.

To the lovers, keep loving, to the haters, dont worry.... you´ll love me later....

sonik3000

Guest Pilau Hands

I used to hate Sonik's stuff. When I just started out, I looked at it through toy eyes and said, "Damn I could do that. His lines aren't even straight." Then I began to love graffiti: looking at a paint rack like you could roll around in it forever, quietly working on a sketch that you know is going up that night, saying where you've been and what you've done, telling your best stories and going off track "...and this one-legged dude starts telling us how he and his friends found a freight full of dirtbikes in the 80s..."

I'm sure many people have read "My Surf Board," and like the aforementioned character, said, "This guys got IT." You choose your cans, you pack your paint, you kill some time, you walk to the spot, climb the fence with your stomach in your throat, and prepare to do it. At times, I feel like I don't want to talk about graffiti. I hate over-analyzing things, because they lose something. That unspoken feeling, is supposed to stay unspoken. However, people like Sonik, can do it justice. They can take you to the spot and show you how it felt, within a few lines of a page. You read or listen, and all of a sudden you're walking to. The guy is no guru. He's just got it. He's going.

When I'm done living, I want snapshots of moments I've forgotten. I don't want to feel like I missed anything. I want my kids to want to go out into the world and stand in it, without feeling like outsiders. Maybe they won't be painting, but maybe they'll know why I did.

If what I said made you angry, or seemed like jocking, chances are you're missing the point.

"...I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep..."

cfunk-

that pic that is all over the board is so fuckingbeautiful!

it pops that locale so nicely, you have always been a placement master and continue totake it to a new level with new mediums to break the molds. thank you for all you inspiration and latin lessons,

cant wait for the book, what book, Sonik's book

jobe.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I checked the site a couple of weeks ago, thought about it for a while, came back today, read some essays.

Finally i got something to say.

I really dont know what graffiti is, i hope i wont find out. Thats why i really dont care on critisizing the amazing amount of flicks i saw. There's something about soniks work that puts him in a whole different sphere.

Sometimes i think that the thing i love most about photography is the photographers physical appearance in places on a specific time. A film negative is a simulation of what happens to the person himself, exposure is a good word for both.

The closest definition of graffiti i can think of relates with photography in the absolute oposite way. In photography one captures the moment he witnessed and takes it with him in order to share his reality, document his life. In graffiti one marks a specific place on a specific time leaving an imprint of his appearance.

Invading others reality and making them witnesses of his action.

Among writers tags and pieces are traced, becoming a myth`proving a lifestyle. That lifestyle maybe the only thing that remains in the end and sonik serves a good one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sonik i really like your stuff its all amazing...you remind me of BLADE not in a biting way.... but as the best complimenti can give, looking at your stuff feels like you matched his intesity with concepts and surpassed him at points... and your props are well deserved

dont think twice..

whoa whoa whoa.. sonik my friend..

i hear you completely. conceptually.. blade and lee were light years ahead of the pack... but come on... its like apples and oranges.

dondi and seen....no comparison... theyre all kings.. and its all love.

anyways. not that its something im very dogmatic about.

get in touch somehow.. if not ill get in touch.. im not sure what your computer access situation is.

hope all is well.been all a while. bhopeism.

Archived