National Defense Authorization Act 2012

T_R_O_N

http://newsvoice.se/2011/12/02/us-senate-declares-the-entire-usa-to-be-a-battleground/

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/12/senate-military-detention/

Last night a bill was passed that has the potential to be abused and would basically give the military carte blanche to do away with citizens that are suspected terrorists. My overview is very brief because I'm too furious right now to even begin to type out a clear and concise article about this bullshit.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you "furious" when al-Awlaki was green lighted and killed in Yemen?

I understand the slippery slope comes into play something serious here, and that's why most people are bugging about it. But this is going to be leveled largely against migrants from the middle east and certain parts of Africa, many of whom I'm guessing are already on DHS's radar. It's not going to be a wholesale roundup of average citizens, and until someone is wrongly hemmed up by it I am not bothered by it, truthfully. Plus it hasn't even passed yet.

I also understand the potential for being wrongly accused and arrested is a factor (and I'm sure "mixups" will happen) but as Monster Zero said the government does what it wants anyway. This is just making it official.

/CROSSFIRE

This is what makes the internet dangerous. Half assed, propaganda style new reporting.

I've got a news report for you. The Government can, and does do whatever it wants. . . and it's been doing so for years.

are you a captain?

Is your name obvious?

troll-troll-face.jpg

Were you "furious" when al-Awlaki was green lighted and killed in Yemen?

I understand the slippery slope comes into play something serious here, and that's why most people are bugging about it. But this is going to be leveled largely against migrants from the middle east and certain parts of Africa, many of whom I'm guessing are already on DHS's radar. It's not going to be a wholesale roundup of average citizens, and until someone is wrongly hemmed up by it I am not bothered by it, truthfully. Plus it hasn't even passed yet.

I also understand the potential for being wrongly accused and arrested is a factor (and I'm sure "mixups" will happen) but as Monster Zero said the government does what it wants anyway. This is just making it official.

/CROSSFIRE

american citizen green lighted for assassination does trouble me

Has anyone else noticed that this is getting almost no domestic press coverage? Which is strange, when you consider the fact that the Senate not only suspended habeas corpus but they also handed the military a check for $662 billion. Other countries are, to put it mildly, somewhat concerned about this recent development.

It's gotten to the point where it's obvious that the government and Big Business does not give a fuck about you or your rights or what you want....that's why people are out there protesting and occupying public space, they've run out of options and they're running out of patience.

• Like 1

american citizen green lighted for assassination does trouble me

That nut was recruiting for Al Quaeda.

He was running with the enemy during a time of war.

He doesn't count as an "American citizen" when he was recruiting for a terrorist group who's main goal is to kill random American citizens.

Commanding officers use to shoot American soldiers in the back for pussing out on the battle field and trying to desert.

Shit, for all I know that might even still be legal.

Food for thought.

business as usual so who cares about trying to save our rights. haha

whatever you kids have to tell yourself.

long as i live, i'll be able to get out of this country one day. sucks for the people who will continue to live in our declining society

http://act.demandprogress.org/act/ndaa/%3Freferring_akid%3Da3553595.473957.cwm6RL%26source%3Dauto-e

Thankfully, President Obama has threatened to veto the bill, noting that:

Applying this military custody requirement to individuals inside the United States, as some Members of Congress have suggested is their intention, would raise serious and unsettled legal questions and would be inconsistent with the fundamental American principle that our military does not patrol our streets.

..injury, you are thinking of foreign nationals. they are less than human so we don't give them their rights

i'm not down for that but clearly things are getting really nuts, and there won't be anything to stop them if they can actually cobble together a republican prez candidate