DSCF0160.jpg

much the same

DSCF0161.jpg

deflated to half the size

DSCF0162.jpg

proper absinthe, doesnt show too well but it was proper flaming shit

DSCF0164.jpg

got the rest on another SD card.

sorry for the disjointedness but im drunk and can scarcely be fucked to fish in my bag for another SD card. still, fuck you, some flicks be better than none.

Istanbul

DSCF0424.jpg

some mosque thing

DSCF0426.jpg

another one

DSCF0427.jpg

random street in the grand bazaar

DSCF0428.jpg

grand bazaar was closed, some faggot muslim holiday

DSCF0429.jpg

university

DSCF0430.jpg

mosque

DSCF0432.jpg

laundry day, the one fucking time i wore shorts

DSCF0437.jpg

mate took my camera and took these for me, security police in Turkey arent the type to fuck with

DSCF0441.jpg

DSCF0448.jpg

DSCF0450.jpg

DSCF0453.jpg

gavels, ornate as fuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moar Istanbul.

DSCF0454.jpg

moar gavels

DSCF0455.jpg

creepy

DSCF0457.jpg

DSCF0459.jpg

yet another mosque.

DSCF0454.jpg

DSCF0454.jpg

places were barely standing, like this one

DSCF0462.jpg

and this one

DSCF0463.jpg

filthy waters thanks to the massive shipping channel

DSCF0466.jpg

serious stray cat problem, brazen little fuckers, stealing food and jumping on you.

DSCF0467.jpg

kitten in a basket

DSCF0468.jpg

amazed a train actually ran over that

DSCF0469.jpg

this cunt in the van caused a monstrous traffic jam as you're about to see.

DSCF0470.jpg

did not do a good job of this

DSCF0471.jpg

ended up catching his bumper on a rock

DSCF0472.jpg

all because of the van

DSCF0473.jpg

as far as the eye could see

as you can probably tell the road system there was a joke, one lane and one way streets going two cars wide and opposite directions...

DSCF0474.jpg

smoked some shisha then went to the airport, and went through about 6 security checks.

• Like 1

also seems like me and 'i eat babies' will have a nice competition to see whos travel thread ends up on top, given its been so long for a decent photothread to come up i look forward to it and hopefully everyone else benefits.. and i still expect a reply to my copenhagen question i eat babies. no slacking!

Challenge accepted! Although greek riot photos will probably trump the best I can come up with...

On the subject of Copenhagen, I think I'll reply here rather than derailing my own thread :p

I'm currently applying for Danish citizenship also, but the form says I have to have been in the country for a year total across my entire lifetime. This is no problem for me as between the time I lived there and the many trips to visit my family over there I've made a year, but it is worth looking that up..

I also have the huge advantage of being able to speak the language fluently. This is immensly helpful when trying to get intial shit sorted such as personal number and bank account. The Danes are hugely beurocratic, and make things as difficult as possible for foreigners. But as soon as they hear you speak the language, they make things easy for you. Don't know if you speak any but if not maybe try get your dad(?) to teach you a bit.

I have some family over there, and a few family friends, so when I initially moved there I was staying with them at first. I had a mate who I knew as well who had similar interests to me so he showed me around.

I had a good base of people that I knew beforehand, and it was still pretty damn difficult to find work and a place to live. I ended up getting a job working in a shitty take away food place cos my friend managed to get me a job. But, the minimum wage is so high that that wasn't a big problem, plus I got free food..

The apartment I eventually moved into was a friend of a friends as well..

Basically I found it pretty hard at first to get shit sorted, and when I did it was with the help of the connections I had. I'm not sure how much of a base you have already in CPH, but my advice is to try and get as much sorted as possible beforehand, so you don't end up homeless with no money(which I very nearly did).

In terms of where to live the best areas are either Vesterbro or Norrebro. This is where most stuff goes on and it shouldn't be too hugely expensiive. Vesterbro is becoming hipsterville at the moment though so maybe aim for Norrebro instead. Plus Norrebro is the most heavily bombed neighbourhood and where you are most likely to meet other writers if that is what you're into. The Norvest area is also pretty cool, as is Christianshavn(but Christianshavn is stupidly expensive).

Another essential thing is the get a bike straightaway. As you've seen, Copenhagen is a cycle city.

Danes can be pretty reserved people, but in my experience once you've been shitfaced drunk with them once, you are friends for life. This shouldn't be a problem for you as an aussie..

Milk the fact that you are foreign, Danish ladies love foreigners. And Danish ladies are fine as fuck, I managed to punch way, way above my weight when I was out there..

Try if possible to move out there in spring. Winter is not fun at all in Denmark, think cycling to work in blizzards and -15degrees. Plus in summer CH is fucking rad, so many cool things happen all over the city.

I realise this post seems pretty negative, which is definitely not my intention. I had the time of my life while I was over there, made some amazing friends and fucked some gorgeous women. Plus Copenhagen is a writers paradise. Trains, streets, rooftops, it has it all. I definitely plan on moving back.

Let me know when you actually do move over there and I'll try and hook you up with some more adivce..

• Like 1

Challenge accepted! Although greek riot photos will probably trump the best I can come up with...

On the subject of Copenhagen, I think I'll reply here rather than derailing my own thread :p

I'm currently applying for Danish citizenship also, but the form says I have to have been in the country for a year total across my entire lifetime. This is no problem for me as between the time I lived there and the many trips to visit my family over there I've made a year, but it is worth looking that up..

I also have the huge advantage of being able to speak the language fluently. This is immensly helpful when trying to get intial shit sorted such as personal number and bank account. The Danes are hugely beurocratic, and make things as difficult as possible for foreigners. But as soon as they hear you speak the language, they make things easy for you. Don't know if you speak any but if not maybe try get your dad(?) to teach you a bit.

I have some family over there, and a few family friends, so when I initially moved there I was staying with them at first. I had a mate who I knew as well who had similar interests to me so he showed me around.

I had a good base of people that I knew beforehand, and it was still pretty damn difficult to find work and a place to live. I ended up getting a job working in a shitty take away food place cos my friend managed to get me a job. But, the minimum wage is so high that that wasn't a big problem, plus I got free food..

The apartment I eventually moved into was a friend of a friends as well..

Basically I found it pretty hard at first to get shit sorted, and when I did it was with the help of the connections I had. I'm not sure how much of a base you have already in CPH, but my advice is to try and get as much sorted as possible beforehand, so you don't end up homeless with no money(which I very nearly did).

In terms of where to live the best areas are either Vesterbro or Norrebro. This is where most stuff goes on and it shouldn't be too hugely expensiive. Vesterbro is becoming hipsterville at the moment though so maybe aim for Norrebro instead. Plus Norrebro is the most heavily bombed neighbourhood and where you are most likely to meet other writers if that is what you're into. The Norvest area is also pretty cool, as is Christianshavn(but Christianshavn is stupidly expensive).

Another essential thing is the get a bike straightaway. As you've seen, Copenhagen is a cycle city.

Danes can be pretty reserved people, but in my experience once you've been shitfaced drunk with them once, you are friends for life. This shouldn't be a problem for you as an aussie..

Milk the fact that you are foreign, Danish ladies love foreigners. And Danish ladies are fine as fuck, I managed to punch way, way above my weight when I was out there..

Try if possible to move out there in spring. Winter is not fun at all in Denmark, think cycling to work in blizzards and -15degrees. Plus in summer CH is fucking rad, so many cool things happen all over the city.

I realise this post seems pretty negative, which is definitely not my intention. I had the time of my life while I was over there, made some amazing friends and fucked some gorgeous women. Plus Copenhagen is a writers paradise. Trains, streets, rooftops, it has it all. I definitely plan on moving back.

Let me know when you actually do move over there and I'll try and hook you up with some more adivce..

hey dude thanks heaps for the reply, much appreciated. it doesnt sound at all negative, usually the realities of travelling and relocating are pretty daunting but ive gotten pretty used to all the hurdles, and especially the bureaucratic side of things. i didnt expect it to be easy, particularly when i met dozens of students in CPH that had no where to live and were staying in hostels and going to uni.

through my dad (danish citizen) and being aussie im fairly certain the requirements were 6 months of living there, as i recently learned the aus government will pay for my uni and put it into my debt scheme so im thinking ill do that for 6 months or a year until i get citizenship then i'll be able to do my uni for free.

i was thinking about Norrebro as a base actually, i was in Kongens Nytorv when i was last there, awesome place but fucking expensive. we went on a few trips to Norrebro and it was fucking great.

and yes, i know how gorgeous the locals are, i fell in love many times walking down the streets. i made the mistake of being drunk as fuck on the way back from the strippers and offering a girl some dick from across the street, turns out the girl next to her was her boyfriend, who was a bartender and i almost got my ass kicked by him and two security guards...in the end they just told me i was a drunk asshole and to go home, nice guys.

basically the way you broke it down was largely as i suspected it would be, although a high minimum wage gives me some hope, and usually bartenders dont struggle too hard to get gigs. things should be alright, but ill definitely take your advice and plan a few months in advance.

thanks again for taking the time to educate a brother. look forward to seeing more of your thread too!

you really think london undergrounds the best metro system ahaaaa always late or cancelled!

dont go to Perth, Australia then. also ive been on 16 different metro systems (caught a train in every city ive been in at some point) whilst ive been here, and the only other metro system that comes close is Berlin.

and its usually not late, and nor is it often cancelled unless you take a regional train, speaking of which, fuck you Regent St to Stansted Express.

and LUGR, every bar, restaurant and cafe is cat/dog cafe. strays are rampant in Istanbul, largely due to tourist douchebags like me feeding them. but no, that wasnt THE cat cafe.

more london town.

224.jpg

doing lots of couch drinking

226.jpg

westminster abbey

227.jpg

remembrance weekend

228.jpg

lots of these set up around the city

229.jpg

231.jpg

232.jpg

my mate has a thing for giving the bird to national monuments.

236.jpg

next to the national museum, not that we went in

238.jpg

again

240.jpg

242.jpg

245.jpg

heading back home at night.

DSCF0502.jpg

portobello markets, around 2 kilometers of awesomeness

DSCF0503.jpg

zoomed in shot of the same

DSCF0505.jpg

food market offshoot

stay tuned for more tonight. thanks for all the positive comments im glad to see youre enjoying the flicks.

• Like 1

bouncing back to Prague part II. fucking love that place, as a general rule, the further east you go the more awesome things become, largely due to how cheap it is.

002.jpg

we stayed at a hostel costing 7 AUD a night, the downside was the huge hill we walked up every day and night and the 7 storeys of stairs we had to climb.

003.jpg

awesome pizza joint across the road from our hostel. camembert, ham and cranberry=win

011.jpg

central traino, on the way into the city

012.jpg

mind blowing art exhibition

013.jpg

art exhibition, this was one of the coolest sights on my trip thus far. but i couldnt buy anything!

015.jpg

luke...i am your bongfather

016.jpg

this junkie was out cold, his mates were punching him in the face to wake him up

017.jpg

wood fire still heats most of central europe

022.jpg

the fussball equivalent of a pantsing in pool. the prague locals were utterly insane, we went under 3 times in a week, and these guys were fucking blazed 24/7

025.jpg

1am at a train station in germany, got booted for not using our eurail passes properly. we were on 7 trains for a total of 20 hours.

now were in paris. let me make it clear, i hate those rude faggots, they treated us like shit when all we wanted was to learn their culture. the place stunk like urine and was filled with homeless and gypsies. dudes pissed wherever they wanted and the locals took great fun in giving tourists incorrect directions. the only nice parisians ive ever met were travellers.

028.jpg

main area i think, i didnt pay much attention when i was there.

029.jpg

other side of the main area..ish

030.jpg

overpriced chocolate

032.jpg

fiending a cigarette, we learned the tabak shops open at 3

034.jpg

louvre, filled with gypsie cunt holes.

035.jpg

arc de triumphe...i assume

036.jpg

got drunk here

039.jpg

040.jpg

044.jpg

one of the only cool things about paris, these dudes were mental

045.jpg

next to a zoo, or botanical gardens

048.jpg

for shit camera i was pretty impressed with some of the photos

050.jpg

the main photo site for the tower, after one person asked us to take a photo another half dozen asked as soon as they saw what we were doing. dicks.

054.jpg

drank a lot of gin and wine that day.

055.jpg

for the homies.../nodouchebag

057.jpg

few good flicks here and there

063.jpg

like this one

066.jpg

think this one might be blurry

068.jpg

mates wrestling in the wet grass

069.jpg

truce?

072.jpg

nahhhh

084.jpg

left and caught a 12 hour night train to Nice, via ventimiglia and 4 other trains, another 20 hour train trip

086.jpg

was not expecting this when i went for a shit

087.jpg

ventimiglia was beautiful

088.jpg

largely because of this

089.jpg

chillin on the beach skipping stones

097.jpg

arrived in venice 8 hours later, kicked off our first night with large amounts of wine

098.jpg

next morning

099.jpg

the view from Lido, the last island on the vaporetti (water bus)

100.jpg

canal living is pretty enticing

101.jpg

like this

104.jpg

statues and historic shit everywhere

106.jpg

main tourist square

107.jpg

inside a catholic church, faggots are one of the worlds richest organisations and they still want money...filth

108.jpg

donate for candles too, profit margins for these assholes would be huge...and tax free.

109.jpg

would love to this shit burn

110.jpg

sittin here eating gelato

111.jpg

common sight, you couldnt fully extend your arms here

112.jpg

grand canal, the large ferries are slowly sinking as a result of the wake they create.

116.jpg

thingies

117.jpg

nice drawing

122.jpg

every random place you'd stumble across was better than the last

129.jpg

garden cafe

132.jpg

not sure why he asked me for this photo

133.jpg

back to grand canal

134.jpg

etc

135.jpg

etc

a few more from venice

136.jpg

apparently washing machines and chairs dont fit in bins...strange

140.jpg

back on the grand canal with a bottle of jager

142.jpg

after a few pubs and after a mate poked a girl in the mouth, luckily the monstrous welsh rugby player of a boyfriend was super patient.

146.jpg

shortly before we decided to spar on the cobblestones, where i had my lovely front tooth chipped by the black cunt.

147.jpg

fucking around with settings on the camera

150.jpg

eating and drinking in style

152.jpg

fuck a smoke detector.

THESSALONIKI GREECE, one of the absolute highlights of my trip. so many incredible things happened, as you will see.

153.jpg

our view overlooking the university. the uni was student run after the students pushed out all the teachers and admin staff. cops dont go in there anymore because it sets off riots (the last one was 20,000 people strong and the cops got FUCKED). police brutality is insane so when shit kicks off it gets wild. civil disobedience in the western world is pussy shit in comparison.

155.jpg

the makings of yet another riot

156.jpg

meanwhile we were off eating the best kebab (gyro in greece) that ive ever eaten, even the chips were dope.

160.jpg

grabbed a bottle of homemade ouzo half expecting it to contain methanol or propanol, but we didnt go blind nor die so it was alright in the end. actually the best ouzo ive ever drunk, all for 8 euro, plus 4 beers...love their fucked up economy

162.jpg

one of the many squares on the main street

166.jpg

went to the local student watering hole. took this flick then a big greek dude came up pointing at my came and talking seriously. then he got us to follow him for a translation. turns out they didnt like having photos being taken, so we joined them for a drink to say sorry...they bought the drinks.

167.jpg

local drink, shit was rough but 3 euros a bottle. holy wine

169.jpg

one half of the group, insanely nice guys...unless your american or gypsie, then watch out.

170.jpg

never pissed in the street so much in one night

171.jpg

rape den, complete with table and chairs

176.jpg

junky square, dead at 4am though, i assume they went back to the rape den to sleep

177.jpg

they keep the historic ruins, huge sense of patriotism in the city

178.jpg

church or something, i dont know.

moar

179.jpg

not as good as it sounds

181.jpg

bars filled with xbox's, all the rage for nerds on a saturday night

184.jpg

the main meeting joint for students, looks awesome when you have a proper view of it

190.jpg

found a stray dog that followed us around for 2 nights, little fucker chaser cars and bikes and snarled at anyone who came close to us, particularly black street vendors, they shat themselves.

196.jpg

illest pet ive never had

202.jpg

met a local at the meeting spot who put us onto a hip hop gig in the uni. was incredibly fun even though it was all in greek

207.jpg

this particular building wasnt locked off so we went exploring/smoking weed with the locals/catching handstyles. some of my fondest memories occurred in here.

208.jpg

trashed

209.jpg

and again

212.jpg

very stoned at this point, we ended up kicking in windows and playing soccer with whisky bottles. ended messily

215.jpg

writers everywhere going for it

riot time. unfortunately the firebombs burned out while i was eating and taking a video, then i got some flicks of the aftermath, the video is on a camcorder i borrowed so ill try and get the video off him. theres homemade flashbangs and raging fires going on with cops running around with fire extinguishers. cant wait to go back in summer when riots are more common.

heres what i got though.

222.jpg

dudes come out in force

224-1.jpg

still embers burning, and the rags they wrapped the bottles in...man the worst gas ive ever inhaled/ gotten in my eyes, so fucking painful. id assume it was ammonia

225.jpg

this was the gas, super, super painful, dudes gagging left right and center.

228-1.jpg

locals were swearing at every cop they saw, no matter what age group.

229-1.jpg

i think theres an ambulance in this flick, cant tell from the thumbnail

231-1.jpg

moar

232-1.jpg

the last one i got before cops came up telling me that i cant take flicks unless i wanted to be arrested. fairly sure they were full of shit but im not about to call out riot cops.

skip to next day

234.jpg

thanks to the shipping channels

235.jpg

nice views

236-1.jpg

moar

237.jpg

went for tapas. wine came in 500ml jugs...win

238-1.jpg

awesome 3 euro gyros, pronounced yee-ross which i never knew.

239.jpg

smash homophobia, but dont trust black dudes, or yanks, or gypsies, kinda convoluted

240-1.jpg

laughed my ass off when i saw this

241.jpg

yadayada

243.jpg

the local chick we met at the town square and uni concert offered to show us around the next night. took us to the highest point in town to an old castle to smoke weed and drink beers.

246.jpg

girl was cute too, but hates having her photo taken, obviously

248.jpg

PAKOS! fluffiest puppy ever, when our hands felt like they were about to fall off we just patted him and warmed up.

249.jpg

had to climb under the platform to get to where we were