What kind of POS are you driving?

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moogle - lol @ magical hill bombing tour.

Trav Coe - what kind of AWD are you looking into? One of my younger brothers had an 03 Passat. He locked the water pump and it toasted both the heads when the tbelt broke. I started looking into replacing the heads myself and quickly decided fuck VW I will never work on one unless it's an old model bug.... because those are incredibly easy to work on. :D

Fastest vw bug belt change.... pretty interesting:

you will lose. i promise.

The car in the picture I posted is a 01 neon with 140k on the car and 120k on the engine. It is the sign of a real winner of a car when you have two mileages. The car leaks and needs to be drained of rain water if it sits for a while, which it does often.

Currently not driving it much because the radiator has some major problem. When it does drive it has a intermittent stalling problem, about once every two weeks it will just shut down without warning. Luckily this seems to happen almost exclusively during parking, unfortunately I can not re-create the problem in the presence any mechanically minded people.

Other than that it really not that bad but I have yet to see a contender in this thread.

Moogle - lol @ magical hill bombing tour.

Trav Coe - what kind of AWD are you looking into? One of my younger brothers had an 03 Passat. He locked the water pump and it toasted both the heads when the tbelt broke. I started looking into replacing the heads myself and quickly decided fuck VW I will never work on one unless it's an old model bug.... because those are incredibly easy to work on. :D

Fastest vw bug belt change.... pretty interesting:

i'm not 100% sure yet, either some kind of wagon or a 4Runner. Something I can pack a ton of shit into/on top of and take camping and snowboarding. I just need something practical for once haha. Prob not another VW, I've got too many as is and most of the time they're not nearly as reliable as they should be.

Props to Dirty_habiT for whipping that tight IS300. Love 2J's. Also, props to sarcasm on the clean S2000. As well as shameless with the Z cars. I have a friend into those, he's had a ridiculous amount of Z31s, S13s, S14s, 280z, etc. Props to Theo on the G35, and the guy with the MK5 GTI.

Right now I'm whipping a '92 Civic LX sedan. I obtained it from the previous owner for free (kind of). It had been parked on the street and sideswiped by a tow truck. That sounds bad, but the quarter and rear driver's door got crinkled, not much more than that. I was able to pound the quarter out, and straighten up the door. I'm going to put a new door on it when I find the right color one at the junkyard.

Anyways, the previous owner had purchased a 2nd gen non-turbo Eclipse, against my advice. It needed a clutch when he bought it, so I put the clutch in for him; I had originally told him $300 to do the clutch. He asked if I wanted the Civic instead. I agreed.

It needed suspension work when I got it- the control arm bushings were shot on both sides, as well as all 4 ball joints in the front. The trailing arm was bent from the accident with the tow truck. I had a trailing arm, and the upper control arms with ball joints in my garage already. Only thing I had to buy for it were the control arm bushings and lower ball joints. I got lucky and found a set of control arms at the junkyard with damn near brand-new polyurethane bushings.

This year I've only had 2 cars- a 99 Accord, and the Civic I have now. Last year I had...

'91 Integra, '94 Accord, '93 Civic hatch, '96 Integra 4door, '96 Integra 2door, '94 Civic sedan, '99 Accord, '01 Camry, '93 Chevy 1500, '78 GMC 1/2 ton, '84 Bonneville, '84 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd, '95 Volvo 850, '94 Corolla, and I'm pretty sure that's it. The car I paid the most for was the 4 door Integra. Had 110k on it, no rust, leather, power w/moonroof, would have kept it longer if it wasn't automatic. Paid $1300, got it with a blown brake line. Bent that fucker up, vice gripped it closed, drove it home. Fixed the brake line and popped it off on Craigslist the next day, or day after. I forget.

The cheapest one was the Corolla. Picked it up for $150, also had a blown brake line and blown back struts. I slacked on the whip game this summer. Next summer though if I can keep the ball rolling, I'll go through a bunch more cars.

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in, my Civic isn't worth taking a picture of, lol. Keep the cars and stories coming everyone.

The car in the picture I posted is a 01 neon with 140k on the car and 120k on the engine. It is the sign of a real winner of a car when you have two mileages. The car leaks and needs to be drained of rain water if it sits for a while, which it does often.

Currently not driving it much because the radiator has some major problem. When it does drive it has a intermittent stalling problem, about once every two weeks it will just shut down without warning. Luckily this seems to happen almost exclusively during parking, unfortunately I can not re-create the problem in the presence any mechanically minded people.

Other than that it really not that bad but I have yet to see a contender in this thread.

does your drivers side door work? do you have a functioning hood? does it squeal like a dying rodent until it shifts into second? your odometer works, thats a plus. mine broke at 170 before we bought it. no AC, heater is in "always on" mode, glove box fell off so to speak. i guess its mostly cosmetic issues. rebuilt transmission, good engine despite the milage, brakes might need work but theyre good for a while, just a belt issue i think and an unsightly exterior.

Reciently traded a hooptie for a hooptie via craigslist.

The interior is shot. I ripped out all the carpet and am in process of painting the floor and the interior pannels. It really needs an exaust. The one on it is loud as shit seeing as how its a straight pipe out the side. It currently has one seat in it and no radio, The paint job looks like it was done with spray paint, so i'll probably end up redoing this winter as well..

But its runs ok and has decent rims so its got that goin' for it

2h6tsnn.jpg

21mewyw.jpg

all its missing is "free candy" painted on the side, lol

My daily driver is a silver 06 scion tc W/ a TRD short throw shifter, I was going to do intake, exhaust, head and cams but I got laid off right after I got the shifter.

Wifey is rolling on of these

medium_2011_kia_sorento_sx_v6_awd_review_01_front.jpg

It's really nice, but I still miss the car we traded in on it, "The Beast"

22231483-640.jpg

This is close, but my rims where different.

hah love the dumb and dumber car i would rock that! but for now im driving a 99 buick century, only paid 1500 for it and it isnt "niggered" out with scrapers rims and shit, all stock, got it off my friend's dad. slow and sluggish but pretty comfy ride. i really want to get a GMC sierra but cant afford to now.

ride this

X1470636-1sm.jpg

but really want this.

GMC_Sierra_AC_HB_07_01.jpg

If you can guess from the interior shot - props shall ensue

0.jpg