((((( open mic/amateur stand-up )))))

MedicineCabinet

Gross dude you 'hear' him. That's total homo.

So I had my second show last night and none of my own people who said they were gonna go went except for like one co-worker.

I partially bombed with the exception of my co-worker, his buddy and a couple other dudes chuckling. Place had like 18 people in it with like 6 or 7 paying attention. Halfway through I became uneasy, a lil awkward and misplaced with my joke line/flow. Mostly because I didn't do the intro that I wanted and some dude's stare totally threw me off.

Basically I'm the wed/sun host's only standup guy and he wants me to return weekly. Telling the same set if I want and I probably will. The jokes are good the delivery needs 'hella' work.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, you totally called me out on how i was actually listening for "gay vibes" & trying to match its frequency to my own

nice. this week, i stood up at two shows as well. one of them was at a new place; it went alright

hopefully, four sets next week, with another new place... i want to try making a habit of going on at least three times a week

ATWW dont sweat it fool, fuck em theyre siiting there listening to YOU talk. So even if you bomb you have more guts than they do.

Its your second show, no one becomes Louis C.K overnight.

Just work on delivery and practice your jokes more on rides in the car, shower etc.

MC, good shit. I wish I had time to do that many shows but school is kicking my ass.

Id like to do atleast once a week though and work my way up

have fun dude

did not go on monday because i was feeling unwell

did two sets last night... they were fun. i only went to the second place to make up for the fact that i ate shit for the first minute & a half at the first place. at said first place, a group of high school kids came & sat in the front near the end of the show... we had a great time ripping on them

I feel like I didnt do as well as my first time.

The worst part is they introduced me like I was Jesus of lolz or something, and I started off slow first 3 jokes didn't go as well but as I got warmed up started bringing the lolz.

I didn't practice at all and it makes me upset because I feel all of my material was gold.

All the homies keep telling me it was great i just go too fast.

Im back to the board and putting my heart back into it, it was still an amazing night.

Cant wait for my next set, this shit is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone still rocking this?

i have not gone up this week, nor have written many jokes; tuesday had to be dedicated to the meaningless hallmark holiday & i have been pissing blood for the rest of the week

last night, a friend hooked up tickets to yuk yuks & we all checked out the place for the first time. it was fun, the couple in front of us got ripped on relentlessly

Feb_tor_cal12.jpg

between job-hunting & fixing my plumbing, i will find some stage time this week

Still rockin it, just been on the backburner since ive had a moutain of shit to do.

Found a couple more places that do open mics here in Rva so ill be doing more gigs than ive been doing(2)

Looking forward to it though, been writing and saving up material so my next stand should be pretty good. Whenever the hell it is

ive always wanted to, but ive only got a bit of situational humour going for me. prerehearsed jokes sound ridiculously forced when i try them.

also i get a weird kind of stage fright. i can publicly speak with real confidence, but as soon as i try acting or throwing jokes/accent in i freeze up. not sure why, but i can only speak naturally on stage.

i think the only photos ive ever put up of myself on 12oz are me wearing a kangaroo jumpsuit and a flag padlocked onto me, so i assume i would like funny, i just dont see myself doing stand-up like that.

as ive learned over the last 7 months. the aussie accent, in and of itself, is a joke. people giggle their asses off when i do the full "g'day mate, im a true-blue, dinky-dy, occa battla'."

i actually had a few dudes at karneval challenge my aussie-ness (despite my costume), after giving them that speech, they believed, and laughed.

I never thought I had the quite of humor to do rehearsed humor either, but if you have any notion at all to try it, you defiantly should do it once.

Ive never had a problem speaking, acting, whatever in front of people, probbaly the only hard part is if you fuck a joke up or catch crickets, but its part of finding your comedy.

Only had one gig this whole month, but I have quite a few places scheduled in March.

Ill be sure to keep you fools updated.

• 2 weeks later...