MOVING TO K.C.

..romero..

so i just got here in KC and don't know my way around yet, this is the first time i've lived in a city (not counting killeen and baltimore but that was as a kid) so i was wondering if any of you kc cats could tell me whats up with the city,

like i said i haven't really live in a city before, atleast none this big so i don't really know what i should put as far as interests, because where im from there wasn't shit to do but hang out, but thats an impossibility since i don't know anyone here. i can say my biggest interests are anything related to art, and graffiti. are there any graff shops here? any decent galleries? whats the scene like here? particularly the freight scene, i know you got alot here, is it a chill city to get up at or is it hot? what places in the city are worth checking out?

and lastly are their any resturaunts you recomend? particularly italian or thai resturaunts, or mexican food.. those are my 3 favorite types of places to eat at.

thanks in advance..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

white people.

very very very very very very very very very fat white people...... (& poor, & ugly, & .... did I mention fat?!?!?) .... because I meant to stress ugly.

One time I was traveling through the K.C greater metropolitain area, we stopped at a burger joint... probably a White Castle. Anyways, the point is the family in front of me was suuuper weird looking. They were ordering maaad cheeseburgers and obviously fat as fuck. All of them.

I gets to noticing that one of 'em has webbed ears! No shit! The backs of his fucking ears aren't separated from his goddamned head!

Needless to say I made my assumptions, (inbred fucks) we ordered burgers and enjoyed them in a Super Wal-Mart/Sam's Club parking lot.

Isnt the KC kid dead??? Or I imagining that?

Should be some good BBQ down there.

he's not dead, but he's not from here.

for barbecue, the main places you need to try:

- Gates has the best sauce

- Arthur Bryant's has the best meat, but their vinegar-based sauce is an acquired taste and not actually "Kansas City style"

- Oklahoma Joe's is kinda the best of both worlds and is my personal favorite. Plus, it's in a gas station, and that's funny.

google that shit.

so i just got here in KC and don't know my way around yet, this is the first time i've lived in a city (not counting killeen and baltimore but that was as a kid) so i was wondering if any of you kc cats could tell me whats up with the city,

like i said i haven't really live in a city before, atleast none this big so i don't really know what i should put as far as interests, because where im from there wasn't shit to do but hang out, but thats an impossibility since i don't know anyone here. i can say my biggest interests are anything related to art, and graffiti. are there any graff shops here? any decent galleries? whats the scene like here? particularly the freight scene, i know you got alot here, is it a chill city to get up at or is it hot? what places in the city are worth checking out?

and lastly are their any resturaunts you recomend? particularly italian or thai resturaunts, or mexican food.. those are my 3 favorite types of places to eat at.

thanks in advance..

are you in the military? i know a guy from killeen.

what part of town are you in?

kansas city has an extremely high crime rate, but i wouldn't be paranoid about it... but most of the shit that goes down is gang related, and we don't really bang colors out here, so there's nothing specific you need to watch out for, neighborhood-wise.

graffiti:

in the late 90s/early 00s everything around here was getting crushed. before they renovated downtown it was a ghost town so the whole place was canvas, and we have an art institute here that for a while generated a lot of writers. it's not as big a scene anymore.

as far as freights, KC has the second most rail travel in the nation (due to chicago trying to cut st. louis out of freight revenue a long time ago). so it's there, but i dunno exactly where.

for art... the 'crossroads' district, just south of downtown (start at like 18th & wyandotte st.) is where the art openings happen every first friday of the month. now that it's winter it's not gonna be as big, but when it warms up it's HUGE... people urrrwhurr. fucking art fags. i actually hate 1st fridays.

mesican:

depends if you want 'american' or 'authentic' or 'actually authentic'...

american mexican... el rancho in westport is my favorite. and el maguey in the suburbs.

more authentic stuff your best bet is to go to southwest boulevard. i just tried a mexican buffet down there called Pardo's that had like... for real mexican grandma type shit.

italian:

best in town is V's in independence. Salvatore's in independence is good. if you're actually IN the city though, Accurso's in brookside or Garozzo's in columbus park. Salvatore's is an offshoot of Garozzo's actually, it's all in the family. ok not THE family.

thai:

Thai Place in Westport is good, but pricy. Lulu's on SW Blvd is okay, but not as trill.

i dunno, google that shit.

i live close to westport, but i'm from the east end like independence/raytown.

feel free to pm me.

p.s. regarding web-ears, it probably wasn't a white castle, we don't have those anymore.

• Like 1

troll thread is trolling...

im not a troll, i just wanted to know where i can get some good thai food.

the freight scene? haha, I'm sure someone on the internet is about to show you all their spots

did i ask for that? no. im not trying to take over anyones spot, i just want to know where the good spots are, and how to get to them via mapquest. i tried to use GPS but it doesn't show traintracks..only roads :(

Go outside...walk around.

i can't, there are too many minorities in my neighborhood, im 5'8 and husky i don't think i can outrun these guys. what if they beat me up?

im currently trying to find some place that teaches karate, but for adults because most places you go to only have little kids in it and i think it would be an unfair advantage for me to go to one of those classes..

if i remember the place has a cool 'first fridays' thing

since you're not a from a city, that is a pretty typical event that happens in a ton of places, but it's where that city's art galleries have all their openings and peeps come out and walk around and enjoy the art and have some drinks. i won't know the location though, you're going to just have to figure that out.

there are also lots of good places to eat in KC

other than that good luck. KC wasn't a lousy place but it didn't knock my socks off either

• Like 1

i can't, there are too many minorities in my neighborhood, im 5'8 and husky i don't think i can outrun these guys. what if they beat me up?

im currently trying to find some place that teaches karate, but for adults because most places you go to only have little kids in it and i think it would be an unfair advantage for me to go to one of those classes..

for real?

i heard it's a magical place where every black dude is just like techn9ne and will rap really fast for a dollar if you ask them to politely

some white ones too.

you live by hella latinos.

first fridays are big here, seems like the art institute runs this place now and it's fulla goddamn hipsters... they're cool once or twice if you know the good spots, but overall it's a parade of every variety of white person.

i hang out in westport a lot. a bunch of shitty bars. because i'm a useless drunkass. and i live nearby.

but yeah, food is a hobby here. get fat, it rules.

you live by hella latinos.

no shit, hahaha. even the signs at walmart are in spanish.

speaking of walmarts, what the fuck is up with all these "neighborhood market" type deals i see all over the city? every walmart i go to only sells food. its getting kind of annoying.

also i keep hearing about waldo and west bottoms. where are these places?

thanks to everyone who's helped me so far, and thanks to everyone who's kept the trolling spirit of channel zero alive aswell haha.

p.s. regarding web-ears, it probably wasn't a white castle, we don't have those anymore.

Yeah, I was thinking it could have been one of those 'Krystal' burger joints. Same thing, just different logo and colors it seems. This was also ten plus years ago, that was the last time I traveled through the area by car.

the west bottoms is an industrial area west of downtown off i-70. like 12th & genessee-ish. you're probably hearing about it lately because that's where the haunted houses are.

http://www.westbottoms.com

waldo is kinda suburban-within-the-city... middle class area, like 75th & wornall. waldo pizza is the best pizza spot in town, imo, and they have shitty beer for like $1/can i think. st. louis style spinach & artichoke is my jam. max's burgers on the south end of waldo is pretty good too.

http://www.waldokc.org