Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KILZ FILLZ

Simple question for Marine / Navy

Next week I'm going to be going on a carrier(Bush) for about a month to work as a civilian. Been planning to take my laptop to watch movies etc BUT a sailor I work with told me today that the EMF/radio waves(?) could fuck my MacBooks screen. I don't think he was just fucking w me because it was a convo about what to take with me. Any truth to/experience with this?

Mods- I'll be posting this in Ch.0 as well.

Thanks in advance,

BNH

No experience, but I don't think it would be significant enough to do that.

He's probably pulling your leg because they get up to shady shit when they're out to sea. He would rather have you involved in degrading initiation ceremonies, than watching movies.

I've worked on a naval ship before, but it wasn't a carrier.

Here's the thing - many people had laptops, and it was never an issue. Nor was it ever mentioned. Unless a the radar & radio installations on the main deck of a carrier is different.

I don't think it should be a problem, especially if you are below the main deck, which I'm assuming you will be when using your laptop. Radio signals are not going to penetrate through all of those steel compartments & decks.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this