Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soup

This American Life

Anybody else out there listening to this show? I'm pretty religious about it. This week's theme was "Cat and Mouse." They covered a bit about highschool pranksters and principals, The "Minutemen" volunteers watching the mexican/american boarder and guys fucking with them, and some dude who just couldn't find the right couch (which admittedly wasn't that interesting).

Then they finished on a story about the NYC vandal squad staring Earsnot that was too funny not to share: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/309/cat-and-mouse?act=4

• Like 1

That graffiti part is old. They added it in probably because it fit the topic..

And James Springs story was fucking awesome

i listen to wbez every morning

there's nothing worse being stuck in traffic and have to listen to a pledge drive

glad its over

I'm all about it, I listen to radiolab too when I find time.

talk radio is one of the few reasons I wish I had a car

• Like 1

I love THIS AMERICAN LIFE. The episode on Cicero, IL was awesome. For anyone not from CHICAGO, it's a perfect example of how fucked up police/government is, and works, in my town. Coruption is king.

The Ira Glass Sex Tape

^spot-on impression. trying to decide if i should email this to my ex-gf since she used to like this show and took her to see ira speak one time... or if i should try to not be a creepy fucker.

• Like 2

public radio F T W

Don't listen to this show as much I'd like to.

I always hear the previews for it but I'm too lazy to tune in that late.

The Ira Glass Sex Tape

^spot-on impression. trying to decide if i should email this to my ex-gf since she used to like this show and took her to see ira speak one time... or if i should try to not be a creepy fucker.

hahahahha. oh man.

I hate their stupid condescending voices.

i hate the fact that they are young Americans trying to sound intellectual.

If it is intellectual and interesting, then it doesn't need to be dressed up with put on voices and snazzy editing, we are adults here and that is some bullshit.

I guess I have just grown up listening to BBC Radio 4 and I am spoilt but fuck it.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now