This American Life

Soup

Anybody else out there listening to this show? I'm pretty religious about it. This week's theme was "Cat and Mouse." They covered a bit about highschool pranksters and principals, The "Minutemen" volunteers watching the mexican/american boarder and guys fucking with them, and some dude who just couldn't find the right couch (which admittedly wasn't that interesting).

Then they finished on a story about the NYC vandal squad staring Earsnot that was too funny not to share: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/309/cat-and-mouse?act=4

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I hate their stupid condescending voices.

i hate the fact that they are young Americans trying to sound intellectual.

If it is intellectual and interesting, then it doesn't need to be dressed up with put on voices and snazzy editing, we are adults here and that is some bullshit.

I guess I have just grown up listening to BBC Radio 4 and I am spoilt but fuck it.

TAL was great I haven't listened to it in over a year. I think it was a string of boring depressing episodes or something that turned me off. On another note Radiolab has some of the best shows I have ever listened to. I hate that it takes them two weeks for each episode.

I have been listening to wiretap at work lately and have come to appreciate it quite allot. It is against policy to have speakers on your computer so I have to listen to a actual radio which restricts streaming options which then leads to a little scheduling on my part.

It is funny to look at NPR personalities pictures after listening to them on the radio for years and see if they look like you envision.