Bad place to ask but... Car accident pay-off?

The Responda

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i've had similar situations from accidents in the past. i rear ended a woman and she agreed to let me fix it as i used to do a bit of body work. i bought everything, painted it and called her but she never contacted me back about getting the bumper put on. i eventually resold the bumper at a loss and never heard from her again. pretty sure she died of cancer or something.

i got into an accident with a pick-up truck and the dude that was driving was livid and demanded i pay him money on the spot for the repair. i used to own the same model truck as him and actually had replaced the same part before i sold it so i knew what it was worth, i told him to fuck off and then he threatened to kick my ass. my friends in the car got out and he got back in his truck and left. never heard from him again either.

point is, these things have a way of working themselves out. i'd just stick to your guns on the original agreement and tell her to fuck off unless she wants to meet up for casual sex. worst case, she keeps your 200 bucks and reports it to her insurance company. you might get sued, but your insurance company will take care of it unless they suck.

Your insurance company will handle business, I am sure they are more ruthless and underhanded than the bunch that hangs around this message board.

Interesting monkey wrench you through into the situation with the payment and note, my initial concern about that is that it appears to me to be an admission of guilt on your part, as I am sure many around this board would attest to, is almost always a bad idea.

She's a bitch, because you rear ended her and she's trying to get money out of it?

I know it might not be the most honorable shit to do, but if I get in a car accident, my lawyer is the first person I call. $15K and counting from car accidents, so I'm chillin.

I did rear end a chick one time though, and she let me just pay it off. It probably was a bogus $600 she got out of me, but I had just gotten my license and was happy to deal with it that way.

It also worked out good, because her boyfriend was a cop, and it got me out of getting arrested once when he snatched me up in the middle of a fight a few months later. You should of seen the look on my homies' faces when I started going "YO, CHILL, YOU KNOW ME. I REAR ENDED YOUR GIRL, REMEMBER?"

• Like 1

I don't think my guilt was ever in question, I wrote the note cause it seemed fitting in my tired, impatient daze. As someone mentioned, in CA (and I'm thinking most of the U.S.), rear-ending someone is basically always your fault, regardless of other circumstances.

Anyway, I haven't gotten in an accident for like 6-7 years so hopefully my payments won't go up, or at most minimally. After work today I'm gonna get my measly 200 back from this chick (trash btw) and let her get a hold of her insurance. Unless when I see her car it's damaged in new ways. I'm gonna call my insurance agent today to give her a heads up. Once the ball is rolling I will cease to sweat it; and if this bitch is really injured at all, I'll be wishing her the best.

And again, labeling her a bitch as it seems she was trying to juice me personally. In fact she sounded disappointed when I told her there was no way i was going to pay her 2500 and that she'd have to notify her insurance company. She may have thought I was uninsured, who knows. Regardless, I highly doubt any sort of physician will find anything remotely wrong with her.

i'm not going to read all of the wonderful insight this board just offered you so if i repeat something, my b.

i got into a car accident like this last winter except a car pulled out in front of me and just stopped in the middle of 4 lanes of traffic and i rear ended the car. the insurance dicked me around and i gotta wait maybe up to another year till i get a check.

first off write everything down. if the police didn't show up and not accident report was filed write everything down up to the point you crashed into the girl. check how you feel. does your back hurt? are you able to sleep at night?

what time it was, how fast you were going, how fast she was going, any other cars on the road, why you hit her, etc.

then write down how you felt and how you think she felt. also write down the date, time, things said about every time you talked to the girl.

she seems like some bro told her she should try to get paid off this but a doctors examination will probably prove her wrong. she could be right....does your back hurt?

in my state they got a rear end law that says anyone driving that rear ends someone is in the fault automatically. certain insurance companies have a no non fault accident so that helps alot seeing that they'll usually do some kind of 60-40% blame and then multiplying that by the settlement.

does your back hurt?

insurance agencys don't wanna pay people. they got the hustle down. fight them and if you disagree be vocal as shit.

^ it ended as well as it could. she gave me my money back, we both reported it to our insurance, and that's that. if she's in any way exploiting the situation, good on her. according to the adjuster my rate won't be going up so no loss on my part, though i may buy a new bumper skin which could be $200. so, yeah, shouldve just told the insurance from the beginning, shit was a bit of a hassle. went for the quick fix, it didn't work out. cool story

• Like 1

^ it ended as well as it could. she gave me my money back, we both reported it to our insurance, and that's that. if she's in any way exploiting the situation, good on her. according to the adjuster my rate won't be going up so no loss on my part, though i may buy a new bumper skin which could be $200. so, yeah, shouldve just told the insurance from the beginning, shit was a bit of a hassle. went for the quick fix, it didn't work out. cool story

Nice, glad I was wrong lol.