Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ILOTSMYBRAIN

Occupy Wall Street

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Such interestingly informationally diluted times we live in.. The industrial plight rages onward in its cancerous state... So many nerds fulfilling their egos by arguing their opinions incessantly... I can't wait to hide in the mountains from marshall law

Here's where it was-

391841_10150374744745886_18214460885_8473833_772073621_n.jpg

This is at the UC campus...my guess is there was around 2000 people there.

I was there that night. We marched from Oakland to Berkley. The march was hella chill and a lot of fun. Berkley showed us mad love when we rolled through. I was there for the march on the 19th too, TONS of people!

Isn't well played generally used in response to a persons rebuttal? I was simply stating, it's interesting, all the contradictions and imperfections in this heer tecknologeecal space age. We're supposed to be so advanced but countless moments of our lives are spent arguing who's opinion is more pointless and ignorant or who has convinced themselves that if they take an authoritative or sarcastically confident tone their point will come off as more valid. Infrastructure is crumbling, collapse is imminent.

re above: so 40% of police agencies approve use of pepper spray and 20% use of taser on passive protestors.

how is that supposed to be comforting? numbers like 5% might seem okay for the pepper spray, atleast enough to make me have slight faith in their ability to mitigate (not to mention protect and serve), but what chiefs/mayors are saying its okay to tase passive protestors?

i gotta give the left credit for finally using an honorable way to achieve their goals.

however, if some 'right wing' cause used these means, they would be up in arms for infringing on the 14th amendments application of the bill of rights to the states. just like they were up in arms about 'made in montana' firearms.

the fact that corporate sponsorship of politicians can be deduced to something that is only the concern of the left, is upsetting.

hey man, im with you on that. i believe government should only exist to protect rights. that was the original mantra. however, the problem is that government has all this power and is even capable of handing out the favors. if you have a pot of honey, you attract bears. everyone fights over the honey. passing a law saying that a certain group cant lobby to get its part of the honey wont solve anything as they'll just get more creative.

you have to get rid of the honey. in this case, a government that gives out special favors, handouts, etc. if government doesnt have the power, they cant hand it out to others. there is then nothing to lobby. problem solved.

i just dont think that telling a group of people where they can put their money or in teh case of citizens united, telling a group of people that they cant make a movie about a politician, therefore infringing on a persons rights is hardly a solution to the problem.

the general line of thought is:

corporations control the government

we need government to protect us from the corporations.

yeah, that will work.

The problem if you ask me is division.

Left/Right

White/Black/Hispanic/Asian

Middle/Lower Class

Christian/Jew/Muslim

If the people stopped buying into the little diffrences that divide us no government, no police force, nothing could stop us.

As long as we acknowledge Race,Class, Religion, Nationality, Ideology there will never be real change that all of us commonly seek.

the general line of thought is:

corporations control the government

we need government to protect us from the corporations.

yeah, that will work.

as long as we're oversimplifying shit, the libertarian line of thought would be:

corporations lie, cheat, steal, murder, rape, destroy, etc because they must in order to succeed under the strict and unfair government controls

we should eliminate those government controls and they'll start acting in everyone's collective best interest

yeah, that'll work.

haha, that is plain distortion.

corporations, unless acting under govt auspices cannot legally lie, cheat, steal, murder or rape.

complete false line of thought on your part.

but nice try

what does legality have to do with it? are you serious? mala in se law is the only just law.

fine, i'll reword.

corporations, unless acting under govt auspices CANNOT lie, cheat, steal, murder or rape.

no one is allowed to do this.

unless of course you are the government or a person or entity hired under said government 'authority'

maybe im missing something, but i dont see walmart and apple computer running predator drones over top of people, bombing countries, and being given the authority to throw citizens in jail without trial forever.

The problem if you ask me is division.

Left/Right

White/Black/Hispanic/Asian

Middle/Lower Class

Christian/Jew/Muslim

If the people stopped buying into the little diffrences that divide us no government, no police force, nothing could stop us.

As long as we acknowledge Race,Class, Religion, Nationality, Ideology there will never be real change that all of us commonly seek.

Steelers/Ravens?

what does legality have to do with it? are you serious? mala in se law is the only just law.

fine, i'll reword.

corporations, unless acting under govt auspices CANNOT lie, cheat, steal, murder or rape.

no one is allowed to do this.

unless of course you are the government or a person or entity hired under said government 'authority'

maybe im missing something, but i dont see walmart and apple computer running predator drones over top of people, bombing countries, and being given the authority to throw citizens in jail without trial forever.

So what your saying is they CANNOT as in like physically unable because of said laws in place??? Or they choose not to because of said laws.. Youd better say physically or else your argument holds no water whatsoever..