OCCUPY WALL STREET NYC LIVE STREAM

pupusas

Re: OCCUPY CHANNEL ZERO WITH POSTS ABOUT WALL STREET *making a difference*

my homegirl at work is down at occupy nearly every day. i went twice.

kinda tired of listening to her rants about about this video and that one. how shes

"this" close to getting arrested and withstanding being violent back to police.

SHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAT UPPAHHHHH! seriously. violence. from both sides is INEVITABLE.

and fucking necessary. my stand point, as of now. wait till shit gets ugly then get really involved. but i don't think it's gonna happen.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact you aren't ignorant, but you DO wear glasses.

I'm going to have to think of a good response to this, or at least how I want to phrase it. I think I got it but I want to make it clear so everyone gets it.

I thought about this and what I came up with might seem like kind of a stretch, but bear with me.

In a way, people in the US don't really have rights anymore because they aren't using them every day and keeping the government in check.

You can assemble peacefully, protest, be heard, carry weapons, buy gold, homeschool your kids, exercise your sovereignty on your own land...but we've more or less forfeited those rights for the sake of convenience, so when you have a group that goes out and actually does something seemingly out of the ordinary involving any or all of those rights the initial reaction is usually "Wow, check out what those kooks are up to" and the occasional violent backlash from authority...but we should be doing these things EVERY FUCKING DAY and telling whoever's in charge that they work for US, not the other way around. It's basically a con, it takes a lot to see it then transcend it and a lot of Americans are too scared/complacent to even try.

I'm at the point where I think some people SHOULD be armed at the occupations, just like they are at Tea Party rallies....I mean, if the cops are going to behave like assholes, they need to know that the potential for an immediate and severe response is there. And this is coming from a pacifist...I don't want to see anyone get hurt or killed, but the cops have apparently forgotten who pays their bills and are blind to the fact that they are representing the wrong interests.

In other news, several unions (including the Longshoremen, teachers and medical workers) have stated they are in solidarity with the general strike....so the mayor wants to speak at the GA tonight, probably because she doesn't want to be remembered as the mayor that started a riot THEN got the city shut down.

kinda tired of listening to her rants about about this video and that one.

SHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAT UPPAHHHHH!

This is how I feel whenever someone tries to show me a Youtube video about anything

Here's a pic of what happened to the fences the city put up-

309540_115997691843903_100003010185115_100707_284159289_n.jpg

I was thinking that you could make something like that into a cool semi-permanent housing installation...throw in a couple of tarps and some plywood, and you're good to go.

Making demands precludes having a dialogue about what needs to change.

Think about it...if you had nothing to lose and one chance to get the attention of someone who had everything to lose and you left your grievances somewhat open to interpretation, that's a pretty unsettling tactic.

Greed is part of the human condition, which is why it should be recognized and dealt with rationally and with a measure of restraint. Otherwise, you end up collectivizing everything and that's something Americans are DEFINITELY not ready for.

Still going strong.

Resolve has been somewhat weakened, but my BAC is still 0.

Keep checking back in 4 updates Occupy Occupy Wallstreet thread 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGa2v...eature=related

We've been getting freezing rain all day, and now some of it is turning into snow. That, combined with the eviction notices the city handed out after finding Level 3 sex offenders everywhere in the park, has really thinned the herd in Providence. I'd say it's half the size it was yesterday, maybe less

I'm at the point where I think some people SHOULD be armed at the occupations, just like they are at Tea Party rallies....I mean, if the cops are going to behave like assholes, they need to know that the potential for an immediate and severe response is there.

well NYC is the wrong place to hold a rally then. pretty much nobody there is in legal possession of firearms except police. i.e. a police state. no wonder shit gets outta hand.

Below is the proposal passed by the Occupy Oakland General Assembly on Wednesday October 26, 2011 in reclaimed Oscar Grant Plaza. 1607 people voted. 1484 voted in favor of the resolution, 77 abstained and 46 voted against it, passing the proposal at 96.9%. The General Assembly operates on a modified consensus process that passes proposals with 90% in favor and with abstaining votes removed from the final count.

PROPOSAL:

We as fellow occupiers of Oscar Grant Plaza propose that on Wednesday November 2, 2011, we liberate Oakland and shut down the 1%.

We propose a city wide general strike and we propose we invite all students to walk out of school. Instead of workers going to work and students going to school, the people will converge on downtown Oakland to shut down the city.

All banks and corporations should close down for the day or we will march on them.

While we are calling for a general strike, we are also calling for much more. People who organize out of their neighborhoods, schools, community organizations, affinity groups, workplaces and families are encouraged to self organize in a way that allows them to participate in shutting down the city in whatever manner they are comfortable with and capable of.

The whole world is watching Oakland. Let’s show them what is possible.

The Strike Coordinating Council will begin meeting everyday at 5pm in Oscar Grant Plaza before the daily General Assembly at 7pm. All strike participants are invited. Stay tuned for much more information and see you next Wednesday.

So who's going to do this?

^

I'm not one to make excuses, but if I wasn't on the completely on the opposite side of the country id do all i could to be there, glad to see Oakland stepping up and repping the people.

I wish my city had more balls/less pussies but our occupation is still holding out and the mayor actually went down to talk today.

Come on Oakland, get this shit rollin.

If you go Old man Shai, be safe and take pictures/video!

go oakland!

i have 2 job interviews this coming week so my involvement locally might slow down. hopefully.

be careful out there shai, plans like that will get a lot more people at the top watching for the wrong reason, i would expect the police will have far more support from plain clothes in the next couple days. be wary brother.

There's a lot of unmarked cars riding around, but thanks to my special ninja training they're really easy to spot. Most of the crowd seems focused yet kind of subdued...it's all business now and people realize that.

I'm not worried about the general strike at all, it's going to be crazy fun but I think it's going to be safe if enough people show up (I'm hoping for 10,000+).

Cash, if you get out here PM me. I'll show you around and stuff.

I'm def gonna be in Oakland on the 2nd. And in light of recent events I will be bringing my gas mask. And I got called paranoid when I bought that thing...

if you bring a gas mask, it's your job to deal with the gas canisters. bring a thick tupperware bucket/trash can whatever, something that seals, and put some water in it... and bring some good oven mitts. grab as many canisters as you can, and save everybody's ass. you'll feel like goddamn tony starks.

i just watched this video:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=8406608

where he's talking about how much it costs to replace those windows...

that's what you people oughtta use your guns for... more broken windows = more money to the people they gotta pay to fix them...

^ That.

Throwing rocks at the cops is fun, but what makes headlines is the bottom line really.

No one really care about a hurt pig or two, but if every time the cops start an outrage shit gets fucked up people are going to finally be outspoken.

Some people need to take down cameras and show the protestors only being peaceful and the cops poppin shit off so the news cant twist it making the occupation seem like they(the people) started anything.

if you bring a gas mask, it's your job to deal with the gas canisters. bring a thick tupperware bucket/trash can whatever, something that seals, and put some water in it... and bring some good oven mitts. grab as many canisters as you can, and save everybody's ass. you'll feel like goddamn tony starks.

As long as you have a bandanna and some Maalox you don't really need a gas mask. I think gas masks are more trouble than they're worth at a demo...they obscure your vision, are pointless if you wear glasses, and basically are a handle that you can be grabbed by if things get up close and personal.

Grabbing canisters is a bad-ass but really risky move...I used to take the easy route and kick the canisters back towards the cops- they hate that. For that you should be wearing some boots.

That reminds me...shin guards are useful, they've saved me from getting taken out from kicks or running into shit I wasn't paying attention to while running.

I don't think things are going to pop off like they did on Tuesday unless the demonstrators fuck up (which I'm definitely not ruling out). According to some people who are a little more plugged in than me, a bunch of cops have quit the force over the past few days.

All right, gotta go to work. I'll have some pics to post once I get them resized and uploaded.