Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OCCUPY WALL STREET NYC LIVE STREAM

pupusas

Re: OCCUPY WALL STREET NYC LIVE STREAM

What the hell has "thinking about and discussing" ever accomplished?.

Lots.

I'm working with people that are involved with this by default. I am skeptical by nature but this is different, that's all I can say at the moment.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not different.

It's basic conflict theory.

Nothing changes anywhere without a conflict.

Talking nicely to people in power and trying to get them to go against their best interests is pointless and will end in some half assed compromise that the poor end up footing the bill for anyway.

It's not different.

It's basic conflict theory.

Nothing changes anywhere without a conflict.

Talking nicely to people in power and trying to get them to go against their best interests is pointless and will end in some half assed compromise that the poor end up footing the bill for anyway.

I agree with most of what you said, but this isn't about a dialogue.

The reason I think it's different is because the protesters aren't just pissed off college students. Everyone has been affected by the economic crisis and this is a venue for them to express themselves.

I'm not opposed to violence but if it happens it won't be started by the protesters. I've always felt Americans were kind of bitch-made in this department...and when they DO riot they inevitably start out by looting whatever they can.

Wait until paper money is no longer available to the world and all of your assets are just a number in a bank that they control. That's when you'll really see yourself getting fucked.

lol, this reminded me of the south park economy episode.

i've been thinking the past few days about how crazy it would be if a small group of people really did earn and keep mosst of the money for the mselves, and then kept it and were really frugal, and my grand kids would say shit like this to there kids "i remember when there was a lot of money in the world, now there stil is but we must hold onto it," and then i kinda imagine everyone living in a shitty environment.

goodn ight

I'm not opposed to violence but if it happens it won't be started by the protesters. I've always felt Americans were kind of bitch-made in this department...and when they DO riot they inevitably start out by looting whatever they can.

Probably because most Americans actually have a few things they aren't willing to risk their lives for whereas people in other countries often times don't have shit to lose.

But in either case, riots don't fix these things anymore.

This isn't the 1800's where storming some town square in full force with shovels and pitchforks to chop off a queen's head will change history.

It would require some sort of coup.

That or organizing EVERYONE to just stop working.

Nationwide strikes in all industries.

But, yeah right...that's a pipe dream.

I hope something works, but I honestly doubt anything will come from this disorganized mess.

It will pass by just like the Republican Convention protests and everything else unless it gets a charismatic, intelligent leader to focus all those mopes...then they'd just kill him.

Radiohead will NOT be playing

Posted Sept. 30, 2011, 4:30 p.m. EST by OccupyWallSt

#occupywallstreet would like to apologize to the members of

the press and public who came out today to see Radiohead

and left disappointed. We would also like to apologize to the

band directly, and appreciate their kind words of support in the

face of this confusion. They had nothing to do with what

happened today.

Over the last twenty-four hours #occupywallstreet received

several emails purportedly from Radiohead's manager detailing

a show for Friday, September 30th at four in the afternoon. Due

to miscommunication within our rapidly expanding and

adjusting group, we were unable to determine that this was a

hoax in time; it can be difficult to seperate rumor from fact in

an open source movement.

this...

is why shai is an cool guy in my book

I hope something works, but I honestly doubt anything will come from this disorganized mess.

I don't want to go too in depth but despite appearances this isn't exactly true. From what I've seen the level of organization behind the scenes is pretty high compared to some other actions I've been involved with.

that attitude is what kills me.

writing your off fellow working class as nothing more than hippies...

if your money isn't working for you, you're likely to be working class, stop bringing down the people that want to make it better for YOU.

this is why i say you deserve your lot, you think you relative comfort in life is success and that somehow you or your family has earned it more than anyone else?

I used to not have anything, and then I made more money, so now I have nicer things. I'd like to make even more money, and have even nicer things eventually. Basically, I'm a big fan of capitalism.

If you can't succeed in America, nine and a half out of ten times, it's your fault. Half of these assholes protesting are trust fund babies anyways, just trying to piss off mommy and daddy

you don't think economic failure has anything to do with corporate greed?

that while the cost of living has increased drastically the average wages have barely gone up? all the while CEOs have increased their wages to around 400 times that of their employees? (in 1980 they only made 42 times more than the average worker)

that 99% of the wealth is held by 1% of the population? they have lied and lobbied and paved their way over the working man...

swamp, you might be living comfortably, but you're fighting for table scraps like everybody else. this has nothing to do with how hard you've worked or how hard your parents or anybody elses parents worked.

you are being pitted against the other 99% fighting for 1% of the wealth.

• Like 1

you don't think economic failure has anything to do with corporate greed?

that while the cost of living has increased drastically the average wages have barely gone up? all the while CEOs have increased their wages to around 400 times that of their employees? (in 1980 they only made 42 times more than the average worker)

that 99% of the wealth is held by 1% of the population? they have lied and lobbied and paved their way over the working man...

swamp, you might be living comfortably, but you're fighting for table scraps like everybody else. this has nothing to do with how hard you've worked or how hard your parents or anybody elses parents worked.

you are being pitted against the other 99% fighting for 1% of the wealth.

I agree with you, but once again----THE RICHEST 1% DO NOT CONTROL 99% OF THE WEALTH----they control around 40% of it.

Swamp, they aren't successful through hard work and well executed business decisions. They lied, cheated and stole to get to the places they are at. Nobody is asking for gold bricks and yachts for everybody. Pretty safe to say that everybody wants the standard that the baby boomers had. Not needing 2 or 3 jobs to live. Affordable education. Affordable healthcare. A retirement.

Shitting on people who want their standard of living back is pretty weak. And the 'pull yourself up by your boot straps' nonsense they push on people is ridiculous.

Crabs in a bucket as usual.

I love when poor people stick up for rich people like they are their friends.

It's just as funny as people who thank cops after they give them tickets.

That being said.

These nurgaz are disorganized and they need Martin Luther the King to help them out.

• Like 1