OCCUPY WALL STREET NYC LIVE STREAM

pupusas

Re: OCCUPY WALL STREET NYC LIVE STREAM

Interesting how in tons of threads you have people (sitting behind their screens at home not doing shit) saying "OMG MURRICA NEEDZ TA WAKE UP N PROTEST EDGY EDGY EDGY"

Then in this one, when people are actually doing something whether or not it's ideal, you have "OMG WUT FAGZ LOL EDGY EDGY EDGY"

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasn't the last protest riot thread from england? and wasn't that just a bunch of kids getting ipads and selling them on craigslist?

i say who the fuck cares because humanity fails. i don't give a shit about some trust fund babies getting c & c gas on there american apperal v necks. if the youth really wants change they would either a. vote or b. riot.

seeing as how option a is uncool and option b is to much for most of these pillow biters then you have option c. sit down and fucking twitter. REVOLUTION MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

• Like 1

reading most of your reactions reinforces my contempt for the common american.

you deserve your lots in life, embrace your ignorance and stop complaining about wages, politics, or anything else that wall st has its hands in (which is everything).

wasn't the last protest riot thread from england? and wasn't that just a bunch of kids getting ipads and selling them on craigslist?

i say who the fuck cares because humanity fails. i don't give a shit about some trust fund babies getting c & c gas on there american apperal v necks. if the youth really wants change they would either a. vote or b. riot.

seeing as how option a is uncool and option b is to much for most of these pillow biters then you have option c. sit down and fucking twitter. REVOLUTION MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Fucking can't agree with this more. and i'm 21.

what these college nerds are even protesting?

how money from lobbyists shape foreign/domestic policies.

how the super-rich, self appointed "job-makers", dont pay taxes/have the highest profit margins in this terrible economy

how 1% of people in the US hold 99% of the wealth

how the middle class is slowly eroding away

our social security money we throw in the pot on a weekly basis but wont ever see.

and probably 100 other things, im sure there's people down there just trying to get some hipster girl booty or "HUGE PARTY ON WALL STREET BRAHHHHH!" :D

ive seen 1 mainstream piece on this and its been going on for 2 weeks. i think the tv people don't want us to know whats going on there..... :scrambled:

i guess its all good they are exercising their right to organised peaceful protest. but i don't see anyone in the 1% giving a fuck/losing their jobs over it. ;)

also this is starting to spread across the country and other places in the world.

/nohippie

• Like 2

My friend's out there right now...wonder if he's on cam.

Turns out he

For some reason I don't think a lot of you would understand why I respect anyone who would stand up to the cops on principle, but that's okay.

The fact that all of you aren't rooting for him is where I get REALLY confused.

I think this protest business is about to get huge either way. I'm going to check out the scene in SF tonight....not to protest, it's on the way to where I'm headed.

• Like 1

yuno2-template.jpg

Y U NO HAVE LIEV STREEME ?

i saw that guy get arrested on the live stream.. he says they directed him back to the plaza when he got out.. lol

He's definitely not someone who could be perceived as threatening.

The fact that Anon is tied to these demonstrations brings up mixed feelings. I support anyone that tries to fight the system, and their intentions seem to be in the right place, but let's face it- Anon's track record kind of sucks.

how money from lobbyists shape foreign/domestic policies.

how the super-rich, self appointed "job-makers", dont pay taxes/have the highest profit margins in this terrible economy

how 1% of people in the US hold 99% of the wealth

how the middle class is slowly eroding away

our social security money we throw in the pot on a weekly basis but wont ever see.

and probably 100 other things, im sure there's people down there just trying to get some hipster girl booty or "HUGE PARTY ON WALL STREET BRAHHHHH!" :D

ive seen 1 mainstream piece on this and its been going on for 2 weeks. i think the tv people don't want us to know whats going on there..... :scrambled:

i guess its all good they are exercising their right to organised peaceful protest. but i don't see anyone in the 1% giving a fuck/losing their jobs over it. ;)

also this is starting to spread across the country and other places in the world.

/nohippie

Fucking can't agree with this more. and i'm old.

I finally made it out to say hi to some folks I know involved with OccupySF...so far it looks cool, last night they were camping at the foot of Market Street between Embarcadero BART and the Federal Reserve. The wingnut factor seemed to be relatively low, which is good since you don't want some kook yelling shit about reptilians when you're trying to make a valid point.

I think I'm going to be doing some support work for this as soon as the logistics get sorted out. No camping, though.

I wish this shit was popping off in my city, im all for it.

Currently pondering how I could get shit cracking off around my way

Maby this could be the start of something that will finally amass to a change.

Viva la revolution

This is a living document. As Occupy Boston community we have the right and responsibility to edit this document on ongoing basis. We welcome feedback and new ideas.

We are the 99%. And our task is to unify the 99%. Unfortunately, we live in a society that is racist, sexist, classist, homophobic, and ridden with various other forms of oppression.

As the Occupy Boston community we will consciously and urgently work on dismantling these systems of oppression in our movement. We are working on creating a community where everyone’s rights are respected, protected, and treated equally. We all have different levels of privilege, so we strive to acknowledge, educate ourselves about it, in order to ensure that these privileges are NOT used to oppress others. We want to have an inclusive atmosphere of ideas, in which we do not police each other’s thoughts BUT we have absolutely no tolerance for oppressive or intimidating words or actions. If a conflict arises it should be settled through democratic discussion or debate if possible, or with the help of the Conflict Resolution and/or Support team if necessary.

We do not welcome in our community:

- white supremacy (Racism against people of all colors)

- patriarchy (sexism)

- Ageism

- Discrimination based on ability

- Homophobia or heteronormativity

- Transphobia

- Anti-Arab sentiment

- Anti-Jewish sentiment

- Religious intolerance or intolerance of nonreligious people

- Islamaphobia

- Class oppression

- Cultural intolerance

- Discrimination based on immigration status

- Discrimination based on experiences with the justice system

- Disregard for indigenous rights

- Weight-based discrimination

So, apparently occupy boston isn't about economic interests like wall st. We're just going to sit around, talk about how awesome gay people are, how much we hate bigots, and essentially skirt the issue and turn it into their own monster. Awesome. I can feel what they're doing in nyc, but boston...?

collegehippies.jpg

And they'll combat homophobia, racism, and protect truth, justice and the american way by disrupting a sidewalk.

My friends are taking an air hockey and a foosball table out to the SF demo. Gotta keep folks entertained.

I'm less interested in the protest itself than the popular reaction to the protest....I want to know how many Americans are truly fed up with corporate shenanigans.

As I said before, I have a feeling this could get really big as in Vietnam War resistance big. The question is, how many people can see the connection between rampant consumerism and what Wall Street gets away with, and how they fit into that picture?

So, apparently occupy boston isn't about economic interests like wall st. We're just going to sit around, talk about how awesome gay people are, how much we hate bigots, and essentially skirt the issue and turn it into their own monster. Awesome. I can feel what they're doing in nyc, but boston...

Insert feel-good hippie bullshit here

And they'll combat homophobia, racism, and protect truth, justice and the american way by disrupting a sidewalk.

I support dissent but it's gotten to the point where divergent opinion is not only discouraged, it's damn near oppressed within the radical community.

If you aren't in lockstep with whatever the groupthink says is okay at the moment you can expect to get ostracized, shouted down, threatened, gossiped about...it's crazy, oppressive behavior designed to stifle original thought.

edit- I'm not saying that anything the Boston protest listed is appropriate behavior, but imagine being part of a community where you can get called out repeatedly for not using the correct pronoun when referring to someone. THAT shit drives me nuts.