OCCUPY WALL STREET NYC LIVE STREAM

pupusas

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: OCCUPY WALL STREET NYC LIVE STREAM

couldnt find the wisconsin thread so...

sheboyganpress.com/article/20110929/SHE010103/110929021/Sheboygan-Mayor-Bob-Ryan-recall-campaign-tops-2-000-signatures

This is interesting, the Occupy group in my city listed one of its objectives as impeaching our Mayor/forcing her to resign, this is coming on the heels of a takeover of our local government by the state due to financial mismanaging at the city level.

I discounted the whole movement as another protest in New York (or any "big" city), but the momentum that's picking up in smaller cities/the rest of the country is interesting. I'll be watching.

naw this has been going on for some time now this is why i wanted to put it in the ch0 wisconsin thread.

theres only hipster reddit people going batshit over this and the wallstreet thing in this town..

oh and juggalos

any other place has crusties and hippies that show up first..

we have juggalos...not just highschool kids ditching.....all the juggalos .im talking about 45 year old hot topic raver pants with chains standing there in full makup along with his 22 year old 300 pound gf and her 250 pound 16 year old sister and all of her eatbeast friends standing downtown screaming dark carnival just got off the city bus smelling like hotdog water and fritos blocking off the sidewalks with protest signs with whatever is going on written on them.

how the fuck do juggalos find out the protest location before its even tweeted is beyond my understanding..

I'm usually one to discredit this kind of shit for it being faggot shit.

That aside. I do think that regardless of what we think is going to happen there's only so much shit that can be thrown at a group of people no matter how seemingly complacent they are.

I don't know the time frame of when but, there's going to be shooting there's going to be death.

The thing about economic injustice is it's much harder to spot. Allowing it to fester for years. The interesting thing is everyone can relate to the issue because money: whether it's good or bad, transcends racial boundaries better than civil compassion. Everyone is affected. The ones on top the ones at the bottom.

We shall see

This is interesting, the Occupy group in my city listed one of its objectives as impeaching our Mayor/forcing her to resign, this is coming on the heels of a takeover of our local government by the state due to financial mismanaging at the city level.

I discounted the whole movement as another protest in New York (or any "big" city), but the momentum that's picking up in smaller cities/the rest of the country is interesting. I'll be watching.

I really hope this morfs into the liberal/99%ers version of the "tea party".

Minus the nut case poster children.

I don't think they expect anything beyond getting people to think about and discuss what's going on in the world right now. That's a lot right there.

What the hell has "thinking about and discussing" ever accomplished?

"Thinking about and discussing" shit is useless unless followed by some kind of direct action.

That's not true.

It's closer to 40%.

I'm not getting into a huge debate with you over this so, just read this and believe what you want.

First paragraph:

http://www.vanityfair.com/society/features/2011/05/top-one-percent-201105

The top 1% have 40%.

The top 20% of wealthy Americans control closer to 80%.

And yeah, talking doesn't fix shit.

People need to burn down everything and kill bankers in the streets.

Violence and conflict change things.

Not debates and marching.

What the hell has "thinking about and discussing" ever accomplished?.

Lots.

I'm working with people that are involved with this by default. I am skeptical by nature but this is different, that's all I can say at the moment.

It's not different.

It's basic conflict theory.

Nothing changes anywhere without a conflict.

Talking nicely to people in power and trying to get them to go against their best interests is pointless and will end in some half assed compromise that the poor end up footing the bill for anyway.

It's not different.

It's basic conflict theory.

Nothing changes anywhere without a conflict.

Talking nicely to people in power and trying to get them to go against their best interests is pointless and will end in some half assed compromise that the poor end up footing the bill for anyway.

I agree with most of what you said, but this isn't about a dialogue.

The reason I think it's different is because the protesters aren't just pissed off college students. Everyone has been affected by the economic crisis and this is a venue for them to express themselves.

I'm not opposed to violence but if it happens it won't be started by the protesters. I've always felt Americans were kind of bitch-made in this department...and when they DO riot they inevitably start out by looting whatever they can.

Wait until paper money is no longer available to the world and all of your assets are just a number in a bank that they control. That's when you'll really see yourself getting fucked.

lol, this reminded me of the south park economy episode.

i've been thinking the past few days about how crazy it would be if a small group of people really did earn and keep mosst of the money for the mselves, and then kept it and were really frugal, and my grand kids would say shit like this to there kids "i remember when there was a lot of money in the world, now there stil is but we must hold onto it," and then i kinda imagine everyone living in a shitty environment.

goodn ight

I'm not opposed to violence but if it happens it won't be started by the protesters. I've always felt Americans were kind of bitch-made in this department...and when they DO riot they inevitably start out by looting whatever they can.

Probably because most Americans actually have a few things they aren't willing to risk their lives for whereas people in other countries often times don't have shit to lose.

But in either case, riots don't fix these things anymore.

This isn't the 1800's where storming some town square in full force with shovels and pitchforks to chop off a queen's head will change history.

It would require some sort of coup.

That or organizing EVERYONE to just stop working.

Nationwide strikes in all industries.

But, yeah right...that's a pipe dream.

I hope something works, but I honestly doubt anything will come from this disorganized mess.

It will pass by just like the Republican Convention protests and everything else unless it gets a charismatic, intelligent leader to focus all those mopes...then they'd just kill him.

Radiohead will NOT be playing

Posted Sept. 30, 2011, 4:30 p.m. EST by OccupyWallSt

#occupywallstreet would like to apologize to the members of

the press and public who came out today to see Radiohead

and left disappointed. We would also like to apologize to the

band directly, and appreciate their kind words of support in the

face of this confusion. They had nothing to do with what

happened today.

Over the last twenty-four hours #occupywallstreet received

several emails purportedly from Radiohead's manager detailing

a show for Friday, September 30th at four in the afternoon. Due

to miscommunication within our rapidly expanding and

adjusting group, we were unable to determine that this was a

hoax in time; it can be difficult to seperate rumor from fact in

an open source movement.

this...

is why shai is an cool guy in my book

I hope something works, but I honestly doubt anything will come from this disorganized mess.

I don't want to go too in depth but despite appearances this isn't exactly true. From what I've seen the level of organization behind the scenes is pretty high compared to some other actions I've been involved with.