OCCUPY WALL STREET NYC LIVE STREAM

pupusas

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never heard the maalox trick, whats this?

Because tear gas is not actually a gas but a very fine acid powder, its effectiveness can be easily mitigated by any over the counter antacid drug commonly available at drugstores or pharmacy without prescription, like sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), Maalox or Alka-Seltzer to name a few.

For some reason people also use vinegar soaked rags....this almost seems counterintuitive because vinegar is also an acid but supposedly it works.

I'm headed to the occupation to see Michael Moore speak in a few minutes.

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE CITIZENS OF OAKLAND FROM THE OAKLAND POLICE OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATION

1 November 2011 – Oakland, Ca.

We represent the 645 police officers who work hard every day to protect the citizens of Oakland. We, too, are the 99% fighting for better working conditions, fair treatment and the ability to provide a living for our children and families. We are severely understaffed with many City beats remaining unprotected by police during the day and evening hours.

As your police officers, we are confused.

On Tuesday, October 25th, we were ordered by Mayor Quan to clear out the encampments at Frank Ogawa Plaza and to keep protesters out of the Plaza. We performed the job that the Mayor’s Administration asked us to do, being fully aware that past protests in Oakland have resulted in rioting, violence and destruction of property.

Then, on Wednesday, October 26th, the Mayor allowed protesters back in – to camp out at the very place they were evacuated from the day before.

To add to the confusion, the Administration issued a memo on Friday, October 28th to all City workers in support of the “Stop Work” strike scheduled for Wednesday, giving all employees, except for police officers, permission to take the day off.

That’s hundreds of City workers encouraged to take off work to participate in the protest against “the establishment.” But aren’t the Mayor and her Administration part of the establishment they are paying City employees to protest? Is it the City’s intention to have City employees on both sides of a skirmish line?

It is all very confusing to us.

Meanwhile, a message has been sent to all police officers: Everyone, including those who have the day off, must show up for work on Wednesday. This is also being paid for by Oakland taxpayers. Last week’s events alone cost Oakland taxpayers over $1 million.

The Mayor and her Administration are beefing up police presence for Wednesday’s work strike they are encouraging and even “staffing,” spending hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars for additional police presence – at a time when the Mayor is also asking Oakland residents to vote on an $80 parcel tax to bail out the City’s failing finances.

All of these mixed messages are confusing.

We love Oakland and just want to do our jobs to protect Oakland residents. We respectfully ask the citizens of Oakland to join us in demanding that our City officials, including Mayor Quan, make sound decisions and take responsibility for these decisions. Oakland is struggling – we need real leaders NOW who will step up and lead – not send mixed messages. Thank you for listening.

To that Police letter:

Stop crying you fascist faggots, you are ''the establishment'' you knew from the day you were a little boy dreaming of car chases and shooting bad guys you were really just becoming a tool in a uniform for alterior motives such as the mean ole kids who use to call you a Faggot and throw you down on the playground.

The only mixed message is that they claim to be of the same creed as the 99% yet theyre gasing and beating them with nightsticks. You are not us, you were at one time as as soon as you were sworn in you forfeited your alliance to the ''average joe''.

My message, quit the police force, stop taking orders from Nazi's, and be happy with your new security job at the mall.

Fucking cocksuckers.

• Like 2

^^^^

i left ows not by choice, and now im stuck here in memphis. their occupation is interesting, the police just suffered a pretty serious budget cut, as well as a LOT of other city employees. the police went on strike and quit writing speeding tickets, which is where the city gathers a ton of income. the police are in full support, they even brought us supplies one day. Not to mentiuon they are occupying a square about a block and a half away from the jail.

a great majority of the every day occupiers are local homeless people, which i think puts a different spin on things as opposed to ows, because unlike up there, a majority of the occupiers here are actually suffering due to the current state of things.

that being said, theres a shit ton more homeless people in memphis who arent occupying, but like to get shitfaced and come pick fights in the camp. this and some other internal conflicts has led to the question of how to deal with these problems. they cant really banish people from a public space (although they have before) and they cant really call the police, because there are way more serious crimes they need to be addressing in this city then drunken in public and disorderly conduct.

they dont really have the media spotlight, partly because a stones throw away in mississippi is the whole prop 26 abortion ruckus. but we did execute a successful banner drop at the university of memphis during an important meeting where the occupation was being discussed, and the cops havent come around camp asking questions, so we are planning more.

just thought some of you would be interested in how this southern occupation is going..

To that Police letter:

Stop crying you fascist faggots, you are ''the establishment'' you knew from the day you were a little boy dreaming of car chases and shooting bad guys you were really just becoming a tool in a uniform for alterior motives such as the mean ole kids who use to call you a Faggot and throw you down on the playground.

The only mixed message is that they claim to be of the same creed as the 99% yet theyre gasing and beating them with nightsticks. You are not us, you were at one time as as soon as you were sworn in you forfeited your alliance to the ''average joe''.

My message, quit the police force, stop taking orders from Nazi's, and be happy with your new security job at the mall.

Fucking cocksuckers.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cunt_Eastwood again."

me and my "buddy" had a conversation about this tonight he went through the academy and all that jazz but in the end decided he didn't want to be a cop, at least currently he justified what the police are doing by showing me clips of random times police get shot at or beat up which has no relevance to occupy seeing as how there peaceful non-bankrobbing ex-boxer Americans. none the less it was an interesting hour long argument.

You're welcome.

I talked with the fire fighters about that...I said something like "Let me get this straight...it's okay to have a kitchen as long as you run the grill?" We had a good laugh over that one.

If anyone wants to go through the trouble of resizing them (they're all 3072x2048) they can repost stuff they like here. I haven't edited them because 1) I'm taking these for a friend back East and she wanted raw images to work with for her website, 2) I'm busy and 3) I'm lazy when I'm not busy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...