****Bad***Ass***Bonsai***Garden thread

Fist 666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m all for gardening talk here! I journeyed the shit out of my garden the first year I had my house, before the kids started falling out of my baby momma. Then I changed webpage designs and to an extent lost all that shit. If I think about it I’ll toss a shitload of pictures into a gallery and share.

I spend about 50 bucks on other gardening shit at the flower store yesterday, so there is a reasonable chance I’ll journal this batch up too. Uyduchamp? Wanna have a garden off? Not really, but I’d be fascinated to see what you’ve got!

• Like 1

Seeking, or anyone else have any suggestions on books for a beginner? I've been considering this since I was a little kid and I'm finally in a place where I think I can give it a go.

I read a few things which suggest Bonsai Techniques I as the most basic yet detailed book that anyone who is going to start practicing should read.

Any other thoughts?

crooked:

B1SECRET-2T.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Techniques-Bonsai-Starting-Raising/dp/4770029438/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317920334&sr=1-4

51RJ1P0EJYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Bonsai-School-Complete-Training-Maintenance/dp/140273560X

i have these 2. i think the coussins book is more beginner friendly, but both are very good.

also check the bonsai thread in untitled, there are some good tips in there.

eastswaggings: how little? there are several rhododendrons that do well with only morning light, i don't know about full shade though.

awesome thread, thanks alot. i really enjoyed looking at these pictures. i know this old dude who has a heap of bonsais along with his koi ponds, hes been growing some for like 20 years (that i know of). ill see if i can take some photos and post them up. ive always wanted to get some growing but doubted that i could pull it off... i suppose i should take advantage of my old mates experiance, he'd definatly hook me up with some good bonsais for a beginner.