Been SKWEEELING....

The Responda

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah mamerro, i like that first tune. the emphasis on the upbeat gives it a pretty dubsteppish feel. obviously some overlap. the skweee seems pretty abstract/loose, more just like funky instrumental electronic music with a hip hop/dance influence. of course it's basically worthless to try and define genres, but i like this shit as much or more than anything else that's come out in the past 20 years, and I would say it's not "just another form" of anything in particular

• 2 weeks later...

Small interview with V.C. + a mix he did.

http://www.sonicrouter.com/2011/09/sr-mix-101-v-c-donky-pitch/

"I think this is the simple beauty of skweee, it’s like a big blender where different styles mix in to make a very multi-flavored milkshake. It’s hard to pinpoint any particular flavor but the big glass of that delicious colorful and funky puree is very hard to walk away from after you had a taste."

preview of the new daniel savio ep. hard to get any real sense of it but definitely some potentially cool tunes. b1 sounding awesome

http://soundcloud.com/danielsavio/valiant-ep-teaser

• 5 months later...
So basically every time somebody comes up with a different techno rave beat it's now a new genre of music?

Dubstep used to be called drum and bass/jungle in the 90's.

All of the above and everything left out are known to most people as raver music.

Just call it raver music.

do you know the difference between dubstep, drum n bass and jungle?

yeah most of it tends to be pretty dry delay-wise... i'm not too down with the chiptune stuff just cause the actual sounds (those atari voices or whatever they are) start to feel gimmicky pretty quickly.

Boss Kite has pretty cool instrumentation in all his stuff... like neptunes meets some cheesy smooth elevator shit. but to good effect.

yeah most of it tends to be pretty dry delay-wise... i'm not too down with the chiptune stuff just cause the actual sounds (those atari voices or whatever they are) start to feel gimmicky pretty quickly.

Boss Kite has pretty cool instrumentation in all his stuff... like neptunes meets some cheesy smooth elevator shit. but to good effect.

thats pretty cool, you dont see many people rocking the midi guitar pickups live often

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...