Travel Log - Hunting, Hitchhiking, Painting & Getting Dirty: Traveling Across America

Keepitrail

• 7 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 5 months later...
22 hours ago, IrishCarBombs said:

I ride the east coast Metro North for free, I need some good spots to finally visit off the railroad for day trips

https://new.mta.info/map/5351

Unfortunately I am not going to be any help on this.

You may want to make a thread for this question. This thread is pretty much a memorial to one of our greatest members to ever do it. Probably not getting many coming through since most regulars are used to seeing it stickied at the top.

3 hours ago, IrishCarBombs said:

oh man i was unaware keepitrail had passed, i still remember that photos of the goat/deer head thing he had in his trunk.

He got to truly wander the earth, something we all wish he could do, may he Rest In Peace.

Yes, unfortunately it is true.

Lots of the OG pics are gone but their are still some that are still viewable.

After commenting on your post earlier, I picked page 44 randomly and went back and read and looked at pics. I’m going to go through from there and spend some time in here.

• 2 weeks later...

I hung out with him for a period of about 3 months when I lived  in San Francisco. This was probably around 2016ish??

I was really fucking sad to hear he’d passed. We almost died one day (legitimately) when he was “teaching” me how to sail on his questionably acquired sail boat. He showed me how to do some navigation, and then asked if I wanted to try it. I then proceeded to steer us directly into the fog bank, which he let me try to get us out of too, for about 20 min to no avail; at which point he said “let me give it a shot, oh and if you hear a foghorn blow 3 times in a row, jump off the boat” I laughed, he handed me a life jacket and said very calmly “ we’re in the shipping channel of San Francisco Bay, they don’t stop, and if they blow the horn 3 times, a CARGO SHIP is about to run over your vessel”. That was the only time I ever saw him look even somewhat worried, and even then, it was still in a “let come what may” kinda way. Anyway, we made it out of the fog that day, when we popped out we were maybe 200yds from running aground on Alcatraz. We laughed, cracked a beer and headed back to Saucelito where I’d parked. 

That man was as fucking cool in person as his thread here made him seem, and I was and am really happy I was able to call him a friend  even if just for a short time.

• Like 3