Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Travel Log - Hunting, Hitchhiking, Painting & Getting Dirty: Traveling Across America

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Friends and Fam - I am back. Misterraven and several others have dug me out of the homo dungeons of solitude and breathed fresh air into my woefully bankrupt lungs. Good timing - and thank you.  

@Fist 666You're in Ashveille?? That's awesome. I will totally come visit. You moved?   @misteravenYo you're in Montana? Fuck yeah. I am thinking of doing a Wyoming/Montana tour this Spring/S

Also thank you for everyone who's kept up with me the past what - five years? More? Y'all kept me going. More than family at times, seriously. Pictures and more to come soon \ - ANYONE IN :

Posted Images

FF to the past few months. I don't know if I included the 100+ hours I spent on one fucking freight train from Oakland to St. Louis?? I'll put the pics up anyway. Here's some random stuff along the way!

IMG_1795_zpscc11b2f8.jpg

A dead dog my girl ran over when we ran around Valladolid MX on the hostel's bikes.

IMG_1887_zps146a0b8e.jpg

How I hope to be at 50

IMG_2032_zps9837d8c4.jpg

Debil Werships in Guatemala

IMG_2710_zpse7439837.jpg

Shootin Coons in TN

IMG_2519-Copy_zps6e25e0df.jpg

$$$$

IMG_2542-Copy_zpsd2e39fc0.jpg

Just before leaving the sailboat for a while, grabbed my paintings off it

IMG_2069_zps9da4d65f.jpg

Nothing says Welcome to California like a dumpster full of weed.

IMG_2486_zps6e69872d.jpg

Santa Barbara...

Oh yeah, so some aussies from Melbourne come by SF back in November and want to do a road trip. Fuck yes!

They rented a car in SF, and stayed the night on the boat. In the morning, I grabbed all my shit and we shoved off east towards Yosemite.

Me and the auzzies made it up to Yosemite and spent a few days there. I took them to the secret tunnel in the pass. There's actually two, we found the other one on the way out. If you're going in from 120, and you get into the park, there's a tunnel through the mountain about a half mile long. About halfway through it, if you're looking away from the mountain, there's a tiny little tunnel that flashes by. Everyone parks right after the tunnel and takes flicks, but you have to hike back up into the tunnel to get the super tight view. I think I mentioned it twenty or so pages back. Here it is again.

IMG_2431_zpscf1f7308.jpg

Scary as fuuuuck leaning over that cliff...

I just realized I had two photobucket accounts. Hahahah.... I kept wondering where half my shit was.

Yosemite... Second only to Yellowstone.

But... Death Valley!!

IMG_2369_zpsd3069f29.jpg

IMG_2471_zps64a6d6ae.jpg

Back at the salt flats....

Eat some c-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e-s...

THINGS GET STRAAANNNNGEEEEEE..........................

Moonlight refractions on hundred mile horizons, salt plate fire pops, bang! Bottlerocket burns, blood and missing finger skin - white hot night and where's the beer... give me the revolver, quick! Pow! Pow! Shoot the moon, mushroom bloom from barrel soon! Burned up bags, nylon rips and feathers everywhere, how did we sleep through that? The Auzzie needs a doctor. Distant dots, looks like cops... let's take a walk.

Dots disappear... twenty feet near, reappear..

(female) Drop the bags, Any weapons on you? ---(hmmmm)....Why No, officer! - You were Camping in the salt flats - Illegal fun! No sleeping where it's unauthorized! ....(though I admit I wish I could sleep there) at any rate, what's this?? I spy a bone in the car - Possession of Natural Resources! I'll have to retrieve it. Oh my, I'll have to look around for More Natural Resources. Ah-HAH! POTS AND PILLS! [[[they fail to notice the drug induced tags on the ground about 10 feet from the car]]]] and what's this>> Sprayable Paint - Tell me son, when was the last time you huffed??

$350 later....

Okay boys, free to go - don't go having anymore fun without our permission! And don't forget the forms! Fill out the forms! Pay the paperwork! Work your ass off to pay me to fuck people over! (2nd cop "Oh, what's this...what color spraypaint was in the car?" Oh.... blue, ma'am. "Sure it wasn't black?Look at this here... " don't know what that is, ma'am. looks like scribbles. "Isn't that a coincidence?" Don't think so ma'am, listen, we gotta go - meetings in Vegas and corporate stuff... -everyone scrambles in car and jets --

IMG_2465_zpsfb811f0a.jpg

IMG_2474_zpsa4a34676.jpg

IMG_2475_zpse719f650.jpg

I tell a guy in line the story of the desert, and he says "Be right back".... ten minutes later he hands me a quarter of sour diesel "I know that feeling buddy... enjoy your stay in vegas"

IMG_2477_zps2e134ac6.jpg

A portion of advice: If you really really want to get on the roof of the Circus Circus, make it quick.

Cause they know the instant you open that door!!

I had some pretty good photos of my last trip from Berkeley up to PDX but seems my camera doesn't want to stay on for more than 5 seconds. By the way, what the fuck is an Instagram??

I had some pretty good photos of my last trip from Berkeley up to PDX but seems my camera doesn't want to stay on for more than 5 seconds. By the way, what the fuck is an Instagram??

Can you take the card out? If so, some laptops or computers have a slot to push it into. Then you can access them directly instead of a cord or program. Instagram is for people with smartphones who feel the need to share everything they do with the rest of the world. I haven't figured it out quite yet but apparently it's destroying our children! I have it to keep in touch with all the crew across the country that I normally don't talk to. It's nice to see what they're up to, painting, etc.

In contrast is snapchat, which my buddy turned me on to recently. It's more like a mix between text messaging and telephone calls. It's actually quite similar to graffiti, in that every picture or movie you send to your friends is only seen for a few seconds, then gone forever. Sort of like a hot interstate spot or a popular yard to paint. Lots of people see it, but it'll be gone in a day. Similarly, you can take a "screenshot" of what someone sent you, and keep it, just like taking a flick of your spot the next day. More accurately, like driving along and seeing a good spot your buddy did, and being quick enough to get a flick of it before you've passed it. And yes I'm kind of ashamed to be saying all this while talking about being off the grid and wilderness shit, haha.

IMG_2781_zpsf102481f.jpg

you have an *impressive* way with the law. just $350 for all that, damn.

Half good, half bad. She was going to search the car, since she had probable with the "natural resource" and "local flora poking out from the trunkspace" (sagebrush sticks coming out the backseet from the trunk). So her way of asking for consent, which she had already, was more of a test to see how hard she should look. (she didn't look very hard!!) It happened once before near Mono lake. I had a skull in the car and they did the same routine, natural resource. But they asked for consent (exactly how she had) and I said "I don't consent you to search my car or enter it". and they said, in a way, we already have probable because of the resource and you're on park land. At which point they rather rudely ruffled through everything I had. Luckily I had little besides some suitcases and guns, unloaded.

So, in this case, I took the weed and responsibilty, she said because i took the blame for everything, she was only giving a ticket to me, instead of each one of us, which was what she did 100% of the time. Who knows if it's true. But the whole point of being cool was to - should it come to it (which it did) - avoid having them in a bad mood when they found that "writing on the wall".

Moonlight refractions on hundred mile horizons, salt plate fire pops, bang! Bottlerocket burns, blood and missing finger skin - white hot night and where's the beer... give me the revolver, quick! Pow! Pow! Shoot the moon, mushroom bloom from barrel soon! Burned up bags, nylon rips and feathers everywhere, how did we sleep through that? The Auzzie needs a doctor. Distant dots, looks like cops... let's take a walk.

Aussies don't do doctors

Good stuff as always

I don't know where your travels are headed but I've heard a couple stories of people passing through Colorado--If you're leaving the state cops are looking at you harder with the assumption you're carrying weed, and in state they're looking for out of towners breaking the legal limit.

One friend said he asked the cop is he was being profiled and the cop stood down. I am not sure how much I trust the validity of said tale, but its something.

DSC_0021_zps745c3385.jpg

DSC_0072_zps6f6129d5.jpg

ALWAYS FOLLOW FOREST SERVICE ROADS! They inevitably lead to wonderful camping sites where lumberjacks shoot skeet (and you can too NH) and flatten out spots to camp at. Five miles up the mountain from a pay campnig site, we found a FS road that led us up, up, up, and low and be holed, we did sex and shoot guns on a cliffy top pull off. Firewood pre-chopped! Lumber Roads!

DSC_0079_zps1feb5e70.jpg

Shooting skeet in Stanislaus