Travel Log - Hunting, Hitchhiking, Painting & Getting Dirty: Traveling Across America

Keepitrail

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

IMG_2660_zps67757c30.png

awwwwww yeah...

welcome back KIR!

looking forward to hearing more of your travels and adventures.

when you finish writing your book, I am going to pick up a copy, and im hoping you will give 12oz a shoutout in it lol.

you're in the east bay now...pm me cause im close by...gotta buy you a drink for making this awesome thread.

Fucking A, for sure. Considering I would not have done a lot of this stuff nor taken the time to take pictures and sit down and reflect on much of this without the lot of yall egging me on and meeting me up across the country, yeah, I am definately going to give props where it's due.

Less than 2 weeks before you came through St Louis the old lady kicked me out.

Hell, a few days after I sent you the CCG

I would have so came and picked you up but I was on a north bound bnsf myself. now that I got my shit right, you head home via STL, hit me up.

*wink wink nod nod this time I kept a spare key to the car so maybe adventures can unfold.

Thanks again for hooking it up with the CC that was proper, I need to upload some flicks of that trip, getting out of Oakland was a bitch - wrong end of the yard for ~13 hours and left my jacket, weed, smokes, and my ONE BOOK under the bridge next to a swampy tag.

That would be cool if this thread was new to me again so i could read it from the start for the first time, shit maybe ill go ahead and reread it.

PM me if you are in SF

Im in the East Bay sometimes too.

Awesome, will PM tonight, thanks

Figured it was due

Ha!! Thanks man that's a trip... appreciate it...

..and proper camera that ish!

;)

just picked up a LX7 with a Leica lens based off your suggestion a while back when I was in Montana. I love it. Was going between that and a RX100 but went with the faster lens and the better macro since I like taking the super close ones. Half the MP but 100 cheaper and remembered you had said Leica was the shit. Thanks brothaa

These are all from this recent TN Winter, then I will get back to wherever it was I left off, I just need to get through these on photobucket so I know where I am at.

Early December xen sent me a CC at clutch moment and I found a yard in Oakland and had my girl drop me off. Unfortunately right as she dropped me off I realized I left my wallet on the boat, way back in Marin. I was antsy to get out of CA and on my way so I just said fuck it. My girl had $20 on her and I had my passport anyway. It was a rainy, dreary 2am goodbye.

Under the bridge, I posted up next to a column, rolled a fat spliff, took off my jacket for a pillow, and read some of Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenence. Around 8 hours later, and countless re-reading of the CC to make sure I was where I was supposed to be, I got tired of waiting and hollared at a brakey passing by on a ATV. He told me that the North end was what I wanted, and in 1 hour the 9am was heading out. It was a good 3 mile walk so I ran back to my pack, shouldered it, and took off. Unfortunately (again) I left my jacket, book, rolling tobacco, weed, and poncho back under the overpass. This wouldn't have been too bad except it was early December and I would be passing through the Sierra Nevada mountain range during a snow storm. I did not think of this when I got to the north end of the yard and saw the 9am rolling out.

I hopped on the back of a 54' which had a 48' container in it and ducked out all the way out the yard, hoping no one had seen me. It was then, as I began to pick up speed that I thought I'd roll up a smoke. Man, that was one hell of a tough decision. Jump off and go back to my shit or stay on the one I'd definately gotten... Well you already know I stayed on, but Jesus that was fucking tough to leave my shit back there. So, I left with little more than $20, a jug of water, and a couple sandwiches. I had a change of clothes, too, and some camping gear, but man I wish I'd done my homework a little better on the Sierra Nevadas and the weather I would be passing through.

Hopping on from the Oakland yard.

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_0896_zpsc4665513.jpg

===

IMG_0898_zpse314d267.jpg

===

Mandatory Old Crow... I like the dirty bird too

===

IMG_0900_zps2f01f7b9.jpg

===

Swampy & Stankfoot

===

IMG_0909_zps9dc2dff5.jpg

===

Pretty nice spot, near the end of a 40ish car train, three engines in front, one in back, all Intermodal. On the leeward side of the car. (not facing wind).

===

IMG_0912_zpsc96daa6d.jpg

IMG_0919_zps3ed810f0.jpg

IMG_0920_zpsc00109a9.jpg

===

Wire Grief Baer Outsiders

===

Thanks again Boats. Will continue tomorrow morning, finally took off working the labor gigs and going to kick in in the East Bay for a minute relaxing. My homie from TN drove out here unannounced and surprised me on the doorstep so I'm a happy dude. We will be having a crew meet on Aug. 1st in Santa Barbara so if anyone's around the area PM me, it will be a pretty wild getup.

Nice update KIR, good to hear you're alive & kicking.

just picked up a LX7 with a Leica lens based off your suggestion

Sweet. Friend of mine has one.. menus / handling could be a bit better, but sensor is good (you don't need more than 10MP) and that lens is fantastic!

Looking forward to great pictures!

Take care & have fun!

WASSUP YALL

My good homie from TN just randomly showed up on the doorstep and asked if I wanted to roll back with him so.... YEAH!!! New road trip going East! We will be going down to Santa Barbara, CA tomorrow morning, staying a couple days for a huge 84 UH crew meetup, and then moseying off east. Joshua Tree, Death Valley, TJ, not sure where exactly he wants to go but we will be caravaning with a couple other homies from TN on the way there, leapfrogging. Definately Vegas, maybe CO to check out the recreational weed scene there, and then who knows from there... One of my homies has pretty serious health problems which limits our activities but he is stubborn as a blunt smoking bullheaded minotaur on steriods and high-fives. It will be a trip.

ANYWAY -

If anyone is around from southern CA to the Mississippi River, gimme a hollar!! Email is KEEPITRAIL@GMAIL.COM!!

Will post flicks when I get back to TN, unless we get detained or something. Hollar!

P1020891_zps8ba22907.jpg

Skating at Golden Gate Park...This is how he showed up on my doorstep.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just fell off a billboard ladder last night... slippery ladder and wet beer hands. good 15 ft drop onto pavement, gonna go hit up the ER for some extra little helpers & a splint!

Not used to this southern humidity...

Drove from SF to Tennessee, got in a few days ago. Here's some flicks from the road! More to come..

P1030016_zps6b16d129.jpg

The homie busy at work...

P1030038_zps89d33b1e.jpg

playing with fire.... sneaker peeker in the middle hahaha what a fun night.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...