Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keepitrail

Travel Log - Hunting, Hitchhiking, Painting & Getting Dirty: Traveling Across America

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Travel Log - 2011 - USA

^Agreed. I dig that pic.

Was curious, how often do you wash your hands KIR? Do you use soap or any kind of disinfectant?

Is that the entry hole from the bullet on that carcase shot on the last page?

No, not really. I have some Murphy's Oil Soap that I use to clean my brushes, which i should do wayy more often, and a bar of soap for when I shower. That's about it.

Probably should more often...

Yeah that's it, right next to the shoulder blade where the meat is darker. I just ate the first meal with it last night... I just fried up some neck meat this morning. Kind of at a loss as to what to do with all the bones and stuff. It won't decompose because it's so cold out here. Weird. I think I'll bury them and see if they're clean when I move out.

I do wash my hands when I cook for other people, or when I'm on a hot date. Neither happens very often though. :cry2:

I would leave them as an offering to Ghost Dog.

That's interesting about the hand washing. I guess I don't really need to wash my hands 10+ times a day.

did those college cats see you upload the photos? probably called the cops on you. watch your back son.

Hahaha... After many, many encounters with Library personnel and security guards, I have mastered the art of having one window conceal the other, or knowing just exactly where to click while navigating to just the right part to grab the img URL so that the images are only up for a fraction of a second...

Also, I remember some very generous people were offering to help me out on this trip...so if any of yall would like to buy a painting, I would be happy to ship one to you, or deliver it in person when I roll through your town! I had this show and the dude told me to paint as much as I wanted and he'd put them in. Rather he meant that he would put two in out of seven: The largest one, and the one that nobody would ever buy.

So now I'm hustling paintings out the back of my car to small town white racists and the more progressive residents of Butts Road.

Morton.jpg

So yeah, the show was a bust, but it was fun. Until I got sick of standing around people, and got so uptight thinking that I would be in the city another night and day, I had to drive back home at 2 in the morning just so I could be alone and quiet...

If and when you make it to the Bay maybe we can work out a trade. I prefer smaller paintings because I don't have a whole lot of space.

I'd write you but I'm horrible at that kind of stuff....tell you what, if I find a postcard I'll take that as a sign and mail it to you.

KIR you should do some deer jerkey and then send a piece as a thank you to folks who send you stuff.

I know folks would dig that after having seen you hunt it down via the oontz

• Like 1

awesome! I see you've turned into an animal. I hope you were able to save all the meat. I just had some venison stew lastnight, tasty with vegetables. I'll be sending you a package of nonsense in a couple of days. Workin at a kettle corn stand now, i'd send some if possible.

i still want a painting, but it would need to be smaller. i don't have the space for big shit. 12x18 or smaller. found wood is awesome.

maybe find some interesting creepy building/shack/shed/barn still life whatever on your property and do that. id like something specific to your location. anything that you think is representative of what you're experiencing there. paint it and ill buy it. easy.

I don't really need to wash my hands 10+ times a day.

It can become a compulsion. When i cook for my gpops i probably wash em after every time i

touch a non cooking surface. My logic is.... old fella shouldnt be exposed to germs that will make

him sick... And then yesterday i find a piss soaked pair of depends wrapped and tied around the

handle of the damn toilet brush. All i could do was shake my head knowing damn well his hands

were all over the brush end and he almost certainly didnt wash them after. Still trying to

figure out what he could possibly have been trying to accomplish.

So. Sorry about the thread detour. Sweet flix KIR. When i read about you in the paper i wont be surprised and good luck with your future travels. Maybe ill motivate and send you a relief package

Hahaha... After many, many encounters with Library personnel and security guards, I have mastered the art of having one window conceal the other, or knowing just exactly where to click while navigating to just the right part to grab the img URL so that the images are only up for a fraction of a second...

Also, I remember some very generous people were offering to help me out on this trip...so if any of yall would like to buy a painting, I would be happy to ship one to you, or deliver it in person when I roll through your town! I had this show and the dude told me to paint as much as I wanted and he'd put them in. Rather he meant that he would put two in out of seven: The largest one, and the one that nobody would ever buy.

So now I'm hustling paintings out the back of my car to small town white racists and the more progressive residents of Butts Road.

Morton.jpg

So yeah, the show was a bust, but it was fun. Until I got sick of standing around people, and got so uptight thinking that I would be in the city another night and day, I had to drive back home at 2 in the morning just so I could be alone and quiet...

lol woman holding the goat skull A+

Yeah, I had painted them all for this "burlesque" themed show but they got negged.

Anyway, how's this seeking?

IMG_2361.jpg

I think it's about 14x20. It's where my goat skull sits on the window sill overlooking the mountains which always have this soft and cushioned layer of clouds draped on them.

KIR you should do some deer jerkey and then send a piece as a thank you to folks who send you stuff.

I know folks would dig that after having seen you hunt it down via the oontz

Yes! I just bought a big smoker from an old lady on the street yesterday for five bucks. And I think there's a dehydrator somewhere lurking in the attic.

So yes, send me a letter and you get free jerky!

I got a couple PM's of where to send it to, so here you go again

(witty name of your choosing)

265B Butts Road

Morton, WA 98356

Something just bit me on my ass. Like, through my jeans. How does that happen...? I think I'm going fishing right now.

Yes! I just bought a big smoker from an old lady on the street yesterday for five bucks. And I think there's a dehydrator somewhere lurking in the attic.

So yes, send me a letter and you get free jerky!

I got a couple PM's of where to send it to, so here you go again

(witty name of your choosing)

265B Butts Road

Morton, WA 98356

Something just bit me on my ass. Like, through my jeans. How does that happen...? I think I'm going fishing right now.

Alls you need to make jerky is a box fan, couple bungie cords, and 2 or 3 hvac filters.

I think i made a thread about it a while back.

here's the link to the jerky thread if you're interested; http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138629&page=2