Travel Log - Hunting, Hitchhiking, Painting & Getting Dirty: Traveling Across America

Keepitrail

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Travel Log - 2011 - USA

Yea, after my last experience running into a pack of wild dogs, I definitely woulda just went back to my car and waited for them to leave.

Bump MRE's.. I still have a few of those. Some of them taste like absolute shit, but goddamn.. It's better than starving.

Riding a mountain bike around some fields and orchards in the central valley of CA, I came across a bunch of feral dogs running around, yipping at me and stuff. Some of these fuckers were foaming at the mouth and hella mangy looking. So in an effort to avoid this pack of degs- I dip out and pedal away at a quick pace.

One of the smaller guys got ballsy and decided to chase me nipping at my heels and such. He ended up getting his head caught in my spokes somehow and went around with the wheel only to hit rear fork before his neck snapped and he pretty much decapitated himself.

I was pretty upset about the whole situation. He broke like four spokes, man.

Cool thread. Traveling in style I see!

I have a .22 rifle with a scope and a .40 Desert Eagle (Baby or Jericho)

And I've seen a few bears so far, none have approached. No grizzlies yet though. I wish I had more time to go through my pictures but I'm cramped to uppload them and enough ttime to post in the same sitting. Anyway, I stayed in Joplin for a week or two and the weather was unbearably hot. I volunteered with the Americorps there every day cleaning out people's wrecked houses - I met a guy as i was cleaning out his house and as I was sorting through his stuff he asked me to sit down with him, and pointed over to some rubble that looked like shredded wheat and cinder blocks, and says, "right over there is where the bathroom was. When the tornado came, I was out of town, and my wife and 4 year old son were in the house. They went to the bathtub and pulled some things over them and when the tornado hit, the entire house collapsed on them. They both died, right there. That was three weeks ago..."

That was pretty rough. And I'm holding this photo of the guy's kid on a little play tractor in the street, which is now filled with the rotting material of what used to be his house.

Some more flicks - I only have a few minutes left.

• Like 1

I have a .22 rifle with a scope and a .40 Desert Eagle (Baby or Jericho)

That Baby Eagle looks sweet! But I think the original question was about your camera? Pictures be looking crispy.

Extra moral props to you for going to Joplin and volunteering for a week...very respectable deed.

I only got a fliick of one of the pieces I painted in Joplin, but the people who stopped while I was painting were just amazing... This was on the main street down right in the middle of the path of the tornado, there was just tons of buildings, I just picked this one and pulled up and painted my last day there. SO many people stopped. They would come up, tell me their story, and just start crying. It was amazing, definately a new experience with graffiti, I had never had people get so emotional and personal about it on a POSITIVE level! Several people just walked up and hugged me and gave me money and just said "do more like this, take this and buy some gas, and keep doing waht you're doing". It was really intense. There was another mural down the road and people would come up and just start crying! Such an intense day....

IMG_1093.jpg

Oh, as per the skull bong...

Still in progress. I dried it out and got it ready, but right now it's been traveling with me right above and to the left of my steering wheel, facing the road. I am planning on taking it to a friend of mine in New Mexico who works at a glass factory. See what she thinks about what I can do with it, before I fuck it up, haha...

I have a Canon G12 that was given to me a few years ago. I also have an old 35mm my grandfather gave me that I need to be more active with.

Hahah these cows.. I can't wait to upload some video of them..

Traversi041.jpg

The dogs started barking and wilding out one night, and they were playing with this guy,

Traversi034.jpg

very humorous

• Like 5