Travel Log - Hunting, Hitchhiking, Painting & Getting Dirty: Traveling Across America

Keepitrail

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
WASSUP YALL

My good homie from TN just randomly showed up on the doorstep and asked if I wanted to roll back with him so.... YEAH!!! New road trip going East! We will be going down to Santa Barbara, CA tomorrow morning, staying a couple days for a huge 84 UH crew meetup, and then moseying off east. Joshua Tree, Death Valley, TJ, not sure where exactly he wants to go but we will be caravaning with a couple other homies from TN on the way there, leapfrogging. Definately Vegas, maybe CO to check out the recreational weed scene there, and then who knows from there... One of my homies has pretty serious health problems which limits our activities but he is stubborn as a blunt smoking bullheaded minotaur on steriods and high-fives. It will be a trip.

ANYWAY -

If anyone is around from southern CA to the Mississippi River, gimme a hollar!! Email is KEEPITRAIL@GMAIL.COM!!

Will post flicks when I get back to TN, unless we get detained or something. Hollar!

P1020891_zps8ba22907.jpg.60b367615e2338710b05b64779627989.jpg

Skating at Golden Gate Park...This is how he showed up on my doorstep.

This is the kind of thing i would just love to see at 3 in the morning by myself out puttin up stickers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey 12oz,

It's been a good year 2015 so far. I've had the pleasure of meeting up with some new folks off here, and enjoyed staying in touch with many of you. Hollar at ya this weekend ink face!!

I've just gone through many of my recent photos and stuff, so I'll be posting up some of the good (and bad) times of 2015 so far.

If anyone knows any hookups or couches in NEW YORK - specifically NYC at the end of MAY - PLEASE DM ME!! I will be getting flown up there to build a LIFESIZE MOUSETRAP!! Remember the game?? Well it's the size of a city block now, bitches!! And I'm building it for a huge festival in NY end of May. So let's meet up in NYC!! Or hook me up with a friend!!

New stuff later today!

2yy9yki.thumb.jpg.6be11a0873c2b0da837bb10477c0fecd.jpg

• Like 3

This year started off well enough - travel back south for shenanigans with friends. My buddy Panda had spied a rolldown spot underneath a massive overpass spanning the Cumberland River in downtown Nashville, near an old homeless mecca that i used to paint at back in the day. We brought our crewmate User along and, through much trials and turmoils, climbed the 100ft ladder up under the bridge, traversed the catwalk over the 150ft drop to the river, and dismounted on the other side, a ledge about 6ft wide with another 100ft drop. We drank, we filmed, and we painted. It was perfect.

Panda is working on video for the spots we hit along the way as well as the rolldown.

Onward towards Memphis, where the UnHoly crew meetup was to take place. Our friend from Santa Barbara came all the way out for the good times, and I hope we showed him up. Riding along with Panda on the trip to Memphis, I spotted a dead deer on the side of the interstate. It took some finagling to get him to pull over at the next stop so we could find something to strap it on the roof. We had no rope, so some schmoozing with the local mechanic netted us some wire and zipties. I wasn't sure if that would be enough so I slipped into the LOVE next door, grabbed a ball of twine, waltzed up to the counter and asked kindly if they would return some twine I'd bought at the station two exits back. "We'll need a receipt." I chuckled, "Oh, it's in the car, no problem..." and walked out the door.

A couple flipped bitches later, and we were back at the carcass. It took some doing, and to Panda's credit, he handled it well - a little bit of blood and brain squirting on his arm and he didn't flinch once. Deer strapped, photos taken, and back on the road to Memphis. The looks we got on the way there were more entertainment than I'd had in months. It was glorious.

We couldn't have timed it more perfectly. Just as we arrived, the UnHoly caravan pulled up, one by one. Lots of fun was had, jokes were made, punches were thrown, and, after painting the spot, we all posed for a group photo in front of an abandoned building. Wouldn't you know it, but a fucking horse-drawn carriage emerged from the ghetto industrial funky fog and clopped its way behind us, just as the shutter clicked.

(This monologue is in desperate need of photos...they will come soon...)

How about a timeline skip??

Here's some recent work I've been paintin on...

I got hooked up with a gig in SF painting the inside of a party house. They said paint whatever, so I painted their cat.

IMG_4679_zps7p2qrd29.thumb.jpg.09f49fbb27ea03fb5f69ded6969c7d7c.jpg

$100 gets you a couple pounds of B's - buds that were trimmed but too small to sell. Let's make some coconut weed oil from the SHAKE of them B's!

IMG_4737_zpsilty6q7l.thumb.jpg.3829354e04464c217ce974383b2a64d7.jpg

How about a trip to Alcatraz... Hurry up! Ai Wei Wei's exhibit is almost over!

IMG_4770_zpsxb4vnsw8.thumb.jpg.e5ba6b7ebaa2442f12d711c1f987ac08.jpg

I'll be returning to edit some of these posts when I get pictures together from all the folks involved.

I had made a pact with myself that each year i return to the homeland I'd make it on the news. After two years of success, my hopes were high.

IMG_4650_zpsmq7plrdj.thumb.jpg.b54d37f27ee7927628fd4e114a4cb078.jpg

Fuck off with your sandles Randy

($20+shipping buy this shit!)

IMG_4819_zpsbvbme3sv.thumb.jpg.b9d2715f12206e20fa9d4ba01acec74a.jpg

This is a painting I did today of the BunnyBoy from the film GUMMO. I painted over a found yard-sale piece. Harmony Korine, the writer & directer of GUMMO (as well as KIDS, Spring Breakers, etc) went to my high school and was a big influence in my life. The Bunny boy role was cast to a local Nashville graffiti writer, Rhyme. This is a tribute piece to both of them. Though the film is based in rural Ohio, much of it was filmed in Nashville. Fun fact: the little black person in several scenes still frequents my old neighborhood. You can usually barter a 40oz to chat with him about the film, or whatever is going on in his world.

--If you haven't seen GUMMO, do yourself a favor and rent/buy/torrent it. Prepare yourself. No one i know has made it through in one sitting.

• Like 1

I have A SHIT TON to update on, pictures to share and stories to tell. Train hopping, Roadkilling, Arresting, Hot Springing, Methhead Beating, Acid Taking, Gate Crashing, Temple Building, Security Camera Capturing, Long Exposuring, A lot has happened this year and there is a hell of a lot more to come in the next four months. Bear with me while I organize pictures from many different sources and collaborate material.

I say again! NEW YORK! If anyone has leads on things to do - couches to surf - people to hook up with! Contact me! I'm being flown out May 17, building a gigantic art sculpture till the 27th, then gallivanting across NYC from the 28th to the 2nd of JUNE and flying back to the Bay. Hit me up!! Paint! Art galleries! Abandoned buildings! Shoot pool and get drunk! Hollar!!

Hey K,

nice to hear you're good & having fun, also nice to see you're putting that camera to good use.

You've got to make a book at some point, seriously, t'would be a shame if you didn't..

By the way what's up with those zines you were talking about?

Sunny greetings from Berlin!

_\m/

I got knocked the FUCK OUT last night on the Bart train in oakland. Asked a guy if I could move his bags and got called a "white devil". I turned around to acknowledge the person next to me who had laughed and got suckerpunched. Hard!! Dude grabbed his bags and dipped out right as the doors closed. HA! I can handle my own and have put many people in their place but hot damn I learned my lesson once again.

Haven't had a black eye in too long!! Cheers 12oz!!

11193162_820155331354875_2095241933_n_zps0swh5h0y.

12oz! Do away with this time limit shit! It's annoying as fuck as it is to upload pictures to a 3rd party site and copy paste blah blah blah fuck ! Don't go the bank website route where you get signed out every thirty fucking seconds! Please! FUcks sake leave it open ended and Mad Max this shit like it should be!! Too many fucking hurdles to jump through

Also I finished this painting tonight heh heh

• 1 month later...

This is a trailer that my good friend of many years just finished editing. He is like a ninja camouflage Kubrick, who will come with everyone to the sickest fucking landmark spot and instead of painting, he'll film everyone else. A true selfless bastard that will go balls out, hanging his ass over a freeway heaven spot so he can get a good flick of your piece. Then go out the next night and do a crazier spot than you, and film it himself, just to rub it in your titties.

^^ Watch this video - if you have youtube stuff comment on it. It's got all of me and my homies in it being goofballs. Share it. Make us do more stupid shit and film it.

• Like 1