Travel Log - Hunting, Hitchhiking, Painting & Getting Dirty: Traveling Across America

Keepitrail

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Travel Log - 2011 - USA

And YES I will make it out to the Bay Area.

Cool...maybe we can do a collaborative piece at my house. "At" meaning "on" my house. I'd much rather have that than a painting.

...I look forward to the warm weather, you can be sure of that.

Uhhh....you might be a little disappointed if you're expecting flip-flop and t-shirt weather. December can be kind of hectic here, but not unbearable.

I'd recommend a stop at Black Bear Ranch if it were earlier in the year...by now they're probably snowed in, but they're sort of like our sister community up north and all about sustainable living/DIY/hunting type things.

I ONLY HAVE SIX MINUTES SO

I gotta make this quick!!

Fuck yes!

FridayNov16001.jpg

FridayNov16002.jpg

It snowed last night! First one - and it was fucking PERFECT.

FridayNov16003.jpg

First try on the jerky - marinade with pineapples and worstecher and hot sauce

FridayNov16004.jpg

FridayNov16005.jpg

FridayNov16006.jpg

FridayNov16007.jpg

FridayNov16009.jpg

Be back soon! Stay safe n dry and warm

!Q!

These posts - you guys keep me going, seriously. I get so little humor in my daily enterprises. Except for last night, when I came home to a skunk on my porch. We had a little standoff, but I held my ground and he scuddle-waddled off. I didn't think much of it until, by God's honest truth - I realized I had left the deer head on my back porch. I walked back outside, at this point an hour or so later, and - Fucking gone. With no trace. It had been snowing hard since I arrived at home. Sooooo, I am going to track it down tomorrow or when the snow abates. It must have weighed twenty pounds! And it had those antlers...how in the world. Anyway I will re-double my efforts as I am sure he could not have drug it into a skunkhole so it's probably not far from the house. Until a coyote or snowdog comes and scoops it up. Alas....

It was a litttttle bit crunchy. But now I know EXACTLY how long it takes to char some meat beyond palate. I still ate it all though. I wouldn't have shared it. But now I'm pretty happy with the idea. So anyone who would like some venison jerky, let me know via mailbox.

Fourth package today! Thank you!!! YOu will be recieving a likewise recourse in the mail + Jerky of course.

Looking forward to hearing back from yall. Thanks to all the props - I just realized you can read what people say and see that they give you props in the control panel - ah! Thanks!

FridayNov16012.jpg

These posts - you guys keep me going, seriously. I get so little humor in my daily enterprises. Except for last night, when I came home to a skunk on my porch. We had a little standoff, but I held my ground and he scuddle-waddled off. I didn't think much of it until, by God's honest truth - I realized I had left the deer head on my back porch. I walked back outside, at this point an hour or so later, and - Fucking gone. With no trace. It had been snowing hard since I arrived at home. Sooooo, I am going to track it down tomorrow or when the snow abates. It must have weighed twenty pounds! And it had those antlers...how in the world. Anyway I will re-double my efforts as I am sure he could not have drug it into a skunkhole so it's probably not far from the house. Until a coyote or snowdog comes and scoops it up. Alas....

This story sounds familiar...

ghostdog.jpg

Jerky looks great.

*edit..

uhhh,

On second...he says it is venison, but can you really trust mystery meat in the mail from KIR?

It was a litttttle bit crunchy. But now I know EXACTLY how long it takes to char some meat beyond palate. I still ate it all though. I wouldn't have shared it. But now I'm pretty happy with the idea.

Could be the ultimate troll?

:lol:

KIR,

damn dude i would be bummed if the rack of the first deer i shot went missing, i hope you find that head even if just the rack. first snow is awesome, im sure its even more awesome in the middle of no place in a cabin. hope you have lots of fire wood! my fireplace has been on blast for the last few weeks....

KIR,

damn dude i would be bummed if the rack of the first deer i shot went missing, i hope you find that head even if just the rack. first snow is awesome, im sure its even more awesome in the middle of no place in a cabin. hope you have lots of fire wood! my fireplace has been on blast for the last few weeks....

this! fucking KIR, 0 for 2 on the skull keeping if memory serves correct.

gonna have to start stringing them shits up some place ghostdog can't get em.

cowlhcopy.jpg