Don't quit your day job.

swif1

This is where I will post my daily gripes, annoyances, etc. about my day job. You should too! I wish I could say more but I just got dragged into a conference call. More on the e-mail when I get back.

E-mail sent: 6:51 PM

Swif1,

I have been contacted 3 times today from Ludacris about the filming process and the structure on how it will flow. He told me that he cannot prepare his outline for the material needed unless someone from the studio contacted him. I told Dephy that this was urgent and needed to get address asap. He told me that he would take care of it. After the 2nd phone call, I contacted you on your personal phone around 4pm. I explained to you the situation and asked if you could call him right away so he could start preparing. At 630pm I called Ludacris myself to check to see if you called but he said no. I can’t keep reminding you to do things nor anyone else but if you keep dropping the ball how can trust you to help me with other projects?

I understand how hard it is to find and book rappers but do you think we should take more responsibility on the tasks we are assigned?

Also, please understand that the copyright assignment is a project that I just picked up from you. I understand that you are extremely busy, as we all are, but I don’t understand all the procedures and processes. That is why I have to ask you because you were the one that started this project. If you could elaborate some of the questions or maybe volunteer more information that would be great instead of answering me “yes” in emails.

Lawrence

E-mail sent: 12:03 AM

Good evening Lawrence,

Boogie Hands, COPE2 KD GOD, and myself have discussed the outline numerous times. Why this information was not passed to Ludacris, I do not know. I plan to send a detailed e-mail explaining the procedure along with a YouTube video to Ludacris sometime tomorrow. I made a note as this is something for me to start once I come in tomorrow if you were curious.

Because the dayshoot is cancelled, we decided it would be best to slowly start our nightshoot earlier each day this week to get our internal clocks back to normal. This is why I was at the studio at 4PM and not the usual 6PM today.

I also understand how difficult it is to locate quality rappers because I was trying to locate rappers for a short period of time myself.

About your copyright inquiry, I was under the impression we settled this over the phone. Until people start remembering what I constantly tell / remind them, I will simply answer what is asked. In other words, I am tired of having to repeat myself. When the same person keeps asking me to explain something (back) to them countless times, I grow tired of having to go into such detail in my explanation. I am not saying anyone in specific as this applies to everyone.

Have you taken the time to click around the copyright website? Regardless if you have done so or not, I am confident the website is set up where cases are located in different areas such as working cases and open cases. Also, I am pretty sure I made a note in the copyright tutorial as well as our meetings that upon payment (for processing), you have thirty (30) days to submit a hard / digital copy of the work being submitted otherwise you would have to pay the processing fees again. I am also sure I said something in the lines of do not make payment until the MOV files are ready to ship in the tutorial. Did you not receive the tutorial printout? Were you aware there was a tutorial for copyright submission to begin with? If not, have you spoke to Lil Kim? She should have one if you are interested.

Whether or not you have the authority to speak to me in the tone you have exhibited in your previous e-mail does not concern me. What I am most concerned, or rather annoyed, with is your claim of, essentially the studio, "dropping the ball". Do not assume we are dropping the ball after one phone call from you to either myself or Dephy. We understand it is urgent as ludacris is flying in at the end of the month. I am aware he has a newborn on the way so his schedule is extremely limited. Should I contact Ludacris' superior and tell him I can not build trust with him because he hasn't given me Ludacris' information for us to book his flight in countless e-mails? Of course not! They aren't Rostrum Records*, but you (should) get my point, I hope.

Getting back to to your comment, can't we say the same about the sales reps "dropping the ball" for not following up with their prospects in a timely manner? Should we not trust our sales reps at all? Perhaps you should speak to everyone in the company to make sure all are on the same page about timeliness.

In closing, please do not make such brash statements again—especially after contacting me only once as I find it very unnecessary. A simple phone call would have done the trick. If you weren't in the office then you, most certainly, could have used your personal mobile phone to contact me past 6PM unless you do not make business calls off the clock or on your personal phone. On an amusing note, I have spent a few minutes wondering why your subject heading is titled "Miscommunication". I finally understood what you meant by it. Have a good night!

Your co-worker,

Swif1

*Originally my company name

E-mail sent: 10:38 AM

E-mail sent: (the following morning) 7:11 AM

Good morning Swif1,

Good morning, Lawrence.

I am glad you, Boogie Hands, and COPE2 KD GOD has discussed the outlines numerous times. When I spoke with Ludacris he told me that he has to make “the final” outline. If I remember correctly you said at the meeting that rappers change their outlines before they come. I believe this would have be resolved if you would have told me you were going to send him a detailed e-mail along with Youtube videos instead of telling me that you were going to call him after we hung up.

On the contrary, it was resolved—You just felt that I was not managing my time in the manner you had hoped therefore you questioned my reliability.

About the copyright inquiry, I apologize if I am asking you to many questions about this matter. Yes, have asked Lil Kim on what you have told her and she just told me that you handed her a template on how to register courses. She also informed me that she asked you how do we keep track of the courses and or maybe we should make a list to keep track and document? You never got back to her so that is what I am trying to do now.

I remember Lil Kim making this suggestion. I assume that she does not recall my encouragement, let alone our co-workers, on starting a document to track the whole process (in Excel).

I have been navigating through the site and I am just trying to figure out the process. I can see that there are open and working cases but for the courses that we have paid for, it doesn’t show if FLAC files have been sent or not. I asked Lil Kim but she also said she doesn’t know if you sent them or not. I just wanted to know so I can show her the correct process and train her how to help the company. Like you said, the copyright process does take a long time, so far we have 4 certificates of registration, 5 open cases, and 27 working cases. Some of the working cases have been open since July of last year. No FLAC files have yet been sent. A little over a year is a long time, so maybe I was told that this was priority over everything yesterday.

I showed Lil Kim the copyright process including how to ship the FLAC files. I acquired Banksy's company card to pay for the processing fees.

I would like to clarify that I didn’t claim, nor assumed the studio “dropping the ball”, please don’t assume things. In the email it says, “I can’t keep reminding you to do things nor anyone else but if you keep dropping the ball how can I trust you to help me with other projects?” Nowhere I said anything about or mentioned “studio”. I understand your assumption has annoyed you, I am sorry. I know Dephy and his staff are busy and I do vouch for them.

Moot.

This email was intended to directly resolve the situation I had with you. Please leave the sales floor out of this because I am not familiar with their operations, that would be more management side. If you would like to contact COPE2 KD GOD about it I am sure he will be open to any suggestions to better the company.

Moot.

Swif1, I hope you don’t take my email as “brash statements”. I do not intend to make you feel that way. I have gone to the studio before to ask you about where and what is the process to burn or whatever the process is with the FLAC files were and you just pointed at the direction while watching Dirty Handz 3. I had to asked you nicely to come over to explain the process. I do not know if you were “at work” or just hanging out but it was a little frustrating as a co-worker to experience that since it was not my project to start with. Like you said, they are If things could be resolved by a phone call or a single visit then things would be much easier.

What if I didn't arrive at the studio until 6PM? I am willing to volunteer information, but if no one provides any insight, where would I (know to) start?

I believe this issue has been resolved. I am sorry if you were annoyed or took my email as “brash”, believe me I don’t mean that in anyway. Please don’t assume my “tone” in the email because you can’t read tone in text and if you think it was a bad tone, it wasn’t. You have been here much longer than me and you know much more, I will probably need your help again.

Believe it or not, I had to read both your e-mails countless times. It is not because I was not able to "read tone in text" but rather you neglected to proofread your e-mail.

I am glad we have resolved this. Have a good day at work.

Agreed.

Lawrence

Your colleague,

Swif1

I just got back from my conference call. Woop woop! So yeah, Lawrence obviously BCC'd the e-mails to the higher ups (including COPE2 KD GOD) just by how he structured the e-mail. In the end, Lawrence got blasted via e-mail about wasting company time writing the very last response. I sent my initial reply during lunch (night shift) and my final reply at home if anyone was curious. All this happened last month.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From this morning: bitches always fuck up.

Dear Inappropriate_Responder

We made a boo boo. I am not sure if this was a communication error between Erica and myself but the 4.5” and the 6.5” should state DERP and not DERPY DERP DERP. Can we make this adjustment on the item description?

Derpina,

The description has been updated.

Inappropriate_Responder

Is it just me, swif, or is that guy who emailed you completely talking out of his ass?

Also, I'm holding my breath as to whether "I work from home I am MY OWN boss I love my job because it lets me smoke weed all day" or "I'm unemployed you gotta milk the government bruh I get a check and smoke weed all day" comes first

Is it just me, swif, or is that guy who emailed you completely talking out of his ass?

Also, I'm holding my breath as to whether "I work from home I am MY OWN boss I love my job because it lets me smoke weed all day" or "I'm unemployed you gotta milk the government bruh I get a check and smoke weed all day" comes first

Read my edit, but yes. He recently asked the VP of Sales if he could use him as a reference. You better choose one or the other before something happens, nigga!

From this morning: bitches always fuck up.

Haha we get e-mails from clients asking how to log in to our website and update their profile All. Fucking. Time.

swif1: (2:40:58 PM) I used Fingerblast's login info for Adult Friend Finder. I created one with my info, but it was for a different company.

IT Derp Dept went idle at 3:13 PM.

IT Derp Dept returned at 3:24 PM.

IT Derp Dept: (3:48:31 PM) swif1

swif1: (3:50:48 PM) What's up?

IT Derp Dept: (3:51:17 PM) how is that Adult Friend Finder account going, we have a pending order

swif1: (3:51:45 PM) I told you I used Fingerblast's login info.

IT Derp Dept went idle at 4:24 PM

Earlier in the day, Ciara asked someone in the shipping department if they had any boxes she can use (on AIM). Are. You. Serious?

The other morning, Ciara phoned Aesop Rock asking why everyone on the sales floor was in a down mood. Aesop tells her it's because it's 9:17 in the fucking morning (business day starts at 9). Her desk is surrounded by the sales reps so I don't know why she didn't message Aesop discreetly.

Fucking oaf.

seriouse? whats wrong with the Puerto Rican people? why yall thank you special? you aint. look like some island beaners to me.What you speacial cause you eat coconut? pale skin hairy arm jew mind nose booger havin mofos .Tony touch was dope though..i bet yall all remember south of the borderI-95

Jason Brunson charged me 60 bucks for the best tattoo i ever got. Tattoos started at 60 in the 90s. now i imagine they should start at the very least a hunred dollars. put the tax on 135. but yo homie ill do it for free,come on down to SouthCarolina we ll hook you up, how hard canntracing be?

KOC THE BITTER END I SAY FUCK YOU AND DIE SLOW

i have the opposite problem. my job's not that boring. i even blog about it, if you saw that thread (http://specialed.gangmembers.net), but it doesn't pay shit.

i've been trying to make 2 digits in my bank account last for a week. i get paid at midnight, but i will probably be doing the same dance halfway through the pay period. who the fuck let me major in sociology?

• Like 1