September 11th ...10 years later.

CALIgula

9/11 showed that (among many other things) America wasn't invulnerable to massive catastrophe and that it can still be attacked by much less developed countries.

People had this kind of rosey picture of the US before 9/11 as the best example of a developed democratic nation in the world, and that was kind of, immune to large scale violence. September 11th really changed that, it kind of gave everyone a reality check.

-----------

I remember hearing that while, obviously Bin Laden was successful with his plan on 9/11 he knew too what would happen as a result. America would delve into a large scale, never ending, hugely expensive war to avenge what happened and bringing more conflict to the middle east and end up being in way worse shape than before.

Rest in peace to all those that died as a result of the attacks on September 11th 2001

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can the US expect to invade another country and strip them of what's THEIRS without any retaliation? Of course, taking what you want by force has always been repeated throughout history; but you rarely, almost never, see that without war and bloodshed. Whether this was an "inside job" or not, it still was something that would inevitably happen. Not necessarily the towers falling, but something of that caliber.

I just find it really stupid how most people only look at this from OUR (America's) side. To them, WE are the monsters who stripped them from what was rightfully theirs, who fucked up their economy, and their country. But to us, they also are the monsters and the ones who fucked up the US. Then again, can we honestly blame them for taking a stand for their country? I say no.

It's the same idea and the same thing that we're doing.

Nonetheless, I highly respect all the lives that were lost, everyone who saved lives, and everyone who attempted to save lives. I couldn't even imagine the grief of all those families that day or the people who experienced it.

PS i hear alot of respect the dead, with no reason provided.. what the fuck ? So when they are alive it doesn't matter what they've done, cause once they die they earn some sort of respect? Fuck no. You earn respect, so for those who died trying to help, REST IN PEACE. You've earned my respect.

your a fuckin idiot.

so what your saying is we shouldnt respect the thousands of people who lost their lives simply because we didnt know them when they were alive?? thats some bullshit if i ever heard it , yeah i could get why you respect the people who helped but what about the people that were HELPLESS??? that hour of knowing your gonna die must have been the worst feeling a human could feel, its not like they had a choice of living or dying.

if you wanna talk respect then you should know the first rule about it , you give it to earn it. have some heart c

The only shit hitting the fan is the shit that the United States throws at it every few years.

Draft or not, I'm not going to war.

Shit is dumb.

So tell me another story.

Oh sorry, I really appreciate what you young boys are doin' for us over there.

My Big Macs have never tasted more like freedom.

Rest easy knowin' your best friend got blown up so's I could buy more shit.

• Like 1

i do not support the military in an unjust war.the real war is right here at home.we should help our own (new orleans).iraq and afghanistan had nothing to do with 9-11.it was a golden opportunity to get our hands on their oil reserves,and best believe we are in libya right now drinking their milkshake.a lot of innocent people died in the worst way possible,and im not trying to make light of that.but i have a feeling the usa dont give a flying fuck.we are the biggest gangsters around.is it a suprise that somebody would be so pissed off at us?

• Like 1

e1d908e2.jpg

96173aa8.jpg

FDNY.

Ladder 131 Engine 279...Redhook, Brooklyn...

My son's father was one of the first responder's....his firehouse lost 5 members. We didn't know if he was alive for over a day.

My son caught burnt pieces of paper that flew all the way to Brooklyn.

The other Redhook firehouse lost 7. My neighbor is the Cap't there.

A childhood friend worked at the Squad 1 firehouse in Park Slope. 12 perished...

NY'S BRAVEST.

Firefighters I know spent months digging through the rubble that was hauled out to the Staten Island dump. Just to find a fallen brother...or...

an unknown person's loved one.

peace.