Scuba Diving Underwaterpartythread

MAR

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

2602932120101246683S425x425Q85.jpg

I am PADI and SSI certified.

Diving is amazing. It can be a somewhat expensive hobby if you really want to get tech with your gear. I'm sure you could get some used shit off Craigslist for a cheaper initial investment. You're gonna need fins, mask and snorkel at the least. Most schools don't provide those three, however they'll have everything else on loan. Buoyancy compensator, gauges and the rest of them thangs.

PADI and SSI are similar programs, you'll have to sit through some classes and do a few pool sessions before ya get to hit the ocean. After a few more instructed dives you get certified, many other avenues open up like open water, fresh water & high altitude diving... Or using oxygen/gas mixes (nitrox etc...) and deep diving all which have separate classes in SSI.

I prefer diving cold water, richer in nutrients so life is more abundant. Kelp Forests and pinnacles in Monterey Bay is where I learned.

Buddy of mine from FL dives. Said him and his dudes used to go into underwater caves and shit. I had no idea there was anything like this in FL, but apparently so

-- http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/wallpaper/photography/photos/underwater-photos-gallery/cave-florida-ocean-blue/

http://aquaviews.net/scuba-dive-destinations/cave-diving-at-peacock-state-park-florida/

Pretty rad shit

Yeah that's pretty much it. 500-600 dollars. Get yas some decent split-fins. A decent mask and snorkel set. An underwater flashlight is pretty cool to have as well. Color dissapates with depth just like the light and visibility.

I did get to do some wreck diving in the Cayman Islands. In about 50 feet of water between coral reefs.

I was also going to add that if you luck out with a cool dive master for your class, they might let yas go down to like 60 feet. Most people stay at about 40 ft on their first attempts. I remember we were hitting 80 feet on our second time down. But 'Scuba Steve' was a real chill dude.

If you're open water certified you're cool to 90 -100 feet. After that depth interesting things like Nitrogen Narcosis come into play. People using Trimix and other mixes. Shit gets real technical and most of the people I've met who use SCUBA to dive past... say... 180 to 200 feet are absolutely fucking nuts. Like out of the head crazy fucks just like Patrick Swayze in Point Break.

• 4 months later...

I dove at the great barrier reef. One of the scariest things I've ever done. Only went through with it because I'd already paid the money and the scrooge in me wouldn't let me pussy out.

My head just couldn't wrap around breathing underwater and I freaked out and had panic attacks etc. Was also hungover as fuck which didn't help.

is karla23 a decepticon ?

I took my padi in australia where the water was somewhat warm, I had an excellent time out there and saw big fucking sharks. I would recommend to anyone to do it.

I live in Vancouver, and there is world class cold water diving right out our front door. . .

I am thinking of starting again, I haven't been around my area yet but my roomate and I were talking about it.

I dove at the great barrier reef. One of the scariest things I've ever done. Only went through with it because I'd already paid the money and the scrooge in me wouldn't let me pussy out.

My head just couldn't wrap around breathing underwater and I freaked out and had panic attacks etc. Was also hungover as fuck which didn't help.

What was so scary about it? That's world class diving right der.

I also, have trouble controlling my breathing underwater...always the first to run out of air. Not really panic attacks, but definitely uncontrolled heavy breathing.

I also, have trouble controlling my breathing underwater...always the first to run out of air. Not really panic attacks, but definitely uncontrolled heavy breathing.

Im the exact opposite, always shallow breathing, last to pop up, ending up with the biggest headache out of everyone and then getting wasted off one beer.

If anyone in the bay area is looking for an awesome dive master my homie Brian at Bamboo Reef in SF is that guy. His students usually get him black out drunk and sex him after the last class, which either means he's likable or he's made those mandatory parts of the curriculum.

He was just certified as a freedive instructor so he's started to teach people freediving too. Im pretty sure that includes shooting ling cod, diving for abalone, and learning the subtleties making fish tacos.

Was a combination of things. I couldn't wrap my head around breathing underwater. Felt strange as fuck and made me panic. The tunnel vision wasn't great either. Remembering to pop my ears all the time made me stop breathing which brought on more panic attacks. Bare in mind I had no lessons before doing it.

Was just a bad experience for me. There was a lot of cool shit down there though. Sharks/turtles/coral lots of fish.

I enjoyed the snorkelling part a lot more. Pretty much saw the same shit minus the panic attacks.

• Like 1