Flying

El Jefe Uno

I gotta flight coming up soon, and I was wondering what other people think of flying.

For some reason this shit bugs me out. I've never liked flying, but I'm not looking forward to this at all. Anyone else hate flying? How do you deal with it? Drinks? Xanax?

I know, this is Channel 0, so I'm sure I'll get clowned. But fuck it.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think take off is my least favorite part. I agree with you Decy, when I actually think about the fact that I'm fucking 6 miles above the ground I start feeling uneasy.

And to the man up comments, I hear you. It pisses me off that this bugs me out. I'm jealous of everyone who can fly without a problem, haha.

i detest flying.

over open ocean is the worst for me for no reasonable reason.

taking off/landing don't bug me too much but i get airsick.

i have to wear sea bands

for flights over 8 hours i usually take some klonopin. xanax are good too but they are harder for me to come by. i've also munched pot brownies beforehand. that shit just makes me sleep the whole time

i also have a special inflatable plane pillow

my best friend actually has a plane phobia.

she just took several klonopins for her only flight

this is my plane pillow

travel_rest2.jpg

but i have considered getting this one instead

travel-pillow.thumbnail.jpeg

you'll be fine

just keep reminding yourself, cars are WAY more dangerous, and you prolly drive all the time

i've flown a TON

the longest was prolly 36 hours with a couple long flights and an 8 hour layover

longest flight, prolly around 15 hours

pot brownies, good idea symbols, I can't get drunk or anything like that as would be travelling with my son and don't have access to things like xanax over here (and don't think I would want to take anything like that I don't want to really touch opiates). Also I know Im not going to have a shitty reaction to brownies.

Thanks Symbols, it's good to hear, haha. I know I'll be fine, and I can read the statistics about how safe flying is and all that... But then I still think, "Fuck, I'm flying right now."

I'll probably try some Xanax for the flight. I'm not a huge fan of pills anymore, but if that shit can help me sleep through a flight, I'm down.

I have flown all over the world. I fly at least once a month roundtrip. Not that big of a deal, but it still does bother me when landing.

I just do not think about the rest of it. When I do, I start thinking about the retard mechanics and whoever else, that might have not done their jobs right, or something else along those lines. Usually I talk to whoever is sitting next to me, to distract myself.

Also, I have been on countless military flights and jumped out of alot of them.

I just think of being scared as a part of life and deal with it rationally.

At least you understand that being scared is natural, now you just have to understand the reactions your body has when you fly and maintain a clear mind, while you body does its thing.

From being in different stressful situations in the military for so many years, I have learned to detach my thoughts from my body, not is some crazy mystical way or anything like that, but something as simple as ignoring the sweating and other shit your body does. When I have to, I automatically just go into thinking about the task at hand mental state. Nothing else matters at that point until what I am trying to accomplish gets accomplished.

Key to it all is to stay focused and not think stupid shit.

I heard somewhere that cars aren't really more dangerous. It's just that the statistic that says you're more likely to die in a car crash than plane crash takes into consideration the amount of time the majority of people spend on the road rather than in the air. In short you're more likely to die in a car crash because you're in cars way more often than planes, but if you flew as often as you drove then you'd be more likely to die in a plane.

I hope this helps

• Like 1

I heard somewhere that cars aren't really more dangerous. It's just that the statistic that says you're more likely to die in a car crash than plane crash takes into consideration the amount of time the majority of people spend on the road rather than in the air. In short you're more likely to die in a car crash because you're in cars way more often than planes, but if you flew as often as you drove then you'd be more likely to die in a plane.

I hope this helps

Thanks, this made me feel a lot more comfortable. :o

I've never understood the fear of flying. Fly across the country twice a year for work and never thought anything of it. usually on bigger planes though.

I flew on a prop plane for the first time this year and it actually made me realize the extremeness of flying. if you're taking a jet plane then there's no worries man. It's like getting on the bus. just hang out listen to music, laugh at other people and take a few shitty pictures out the window.

Flying is one of the most awesome things ever.

You're up in the fucking sky giving the finger to gravity whilst sitting in a giant metal machine.

Airline companies and governments tho make the process shithouse, which ruins the entire experience.

That's why we spenda lot of time complaining about them.

i flew a lot as a kid because my parents were divorced and in different states..never bothered me up to my early twenties but now i over-think the experience and how as someone said unnatural it is to be in the air like that in a tube with its own atmosphere.

the louis ck bit about flying or getting stuck on the runway is hilarious.

i prefer driving or taking a train, much cooler than flying. sure its hell of a lot slower, but you cant get into too much shenanigans on a plane. you also cant see any cool shit along the way. i mean if you gotta be somewhere yesterday than you gotta do what you gotta do, but if its planable, i take one of the other 2 options.

^ agreed. If I can drive or take a train within 10 hours, typically thats what I'd prefer to do. Obviously theres sometimes you have to fly buy I'm with the people that said that it just feels unnatural to be suspended in the air in a machine. whatever, pot brownies, xanax, whiskey, all help.

who's in the mile high club?