Do you guys like David Dallas? Links to more humble rappers from New Zealand here

Oraeo

Hey guys,

We've got quite a cool scene here in nz, the hip hop side of things. It sort of all mixes.

I mean we've got Askew TMD shooting videos for rappers like David Dallas who has recently moved over to New York. Everyone sort of knows everyone. Alot of writers rap and yeah, if you don't mind the accent, give us a listen.

"I ain't a rapper, just a kid with sick swagger, sharp like crocodile dundees dagger, always in a fitted cap, call me the mad hatter, tags i drop, the props, call me the mad tagger, new york fat capper..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3JLOkPOmpA&feature=related

"sit in this, kfc as we lick our lips, and smile as the chicken drips off our fingertips, I'm in my sickest kicks feeling like I'm Richie Rich, and the only time i read the news is on my fish and chips"

MC Smyle just has crazy flow. If i were to quote it would be the whole thing haha. So under-rated it's not funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TCH_VYHd2c&feature=related

Song about scamming the government for welfare money and spending it on drugs, purposefully fucking up job interviews etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYohjocNQa4

Our more commercial hip hop if your into that

Check out the links, and give us some feedback.

And heres my graffiti, to show you how we get down tagging in NZ. Central Auckland BEEJ!

4734385905_acab0979ef_b.jpg

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hey i'd never heard that, cheers.

I'm only posting work by those that I've met because they are whom I want to support. And I can happily say all these guys are humble as fuck, except for East Music Group hahaha.

some more raw rap from South Auckland

this 2nd one was made after a 14year old boy got stabbed for tagging a fence. He got chased 300m by an angry home owner with a kitchen knife. The boy and his mate eventually turned around and tried to fight him off and spray him in the face, he then stabbed him went home cleaned the knife and put his clothes in the rubbish. He then claimed it was self defence in court. The boy died on the scene. The murderer got a year and a half in prison. These rappers put a hit out on him but I'm pretty sure he got put where no1 could get him.

Thanks for taking the time to listen.

I've never met David Dallas, and I'm not saying I like em or that I don't. The reason I put him in the title is because he's the only person in NZ's Hip Hop Scene to make it in America. So if I mention any other names, you won't be able to understand where I'm coming from hope that makes sense. Heres another good representation of Auckland from the homie Mr. Sicc

Nah sorrry man, never really been into the blackbook thing, mostly freestyle my stuff or just tag on paper, never been amazing at the piecing side of things. "Straights" (the style you see above) and outlines are what you get the most of in NZ. I don't concentrate on much else. The thing that sets nz apart is probably half our scene wouldn't even know how to do a throwup, let alone practice piecing. It's mainly tags here. If you click through the image location on the pic it will take you to my flickr. It hasn't been updated for at least a year though. Haven't had a camera lately, plus no point. They've painted over walls with 20years plus history on them to make auckland look nice for the Rugby World Cup. They buff at 6 or 7 am so even if you go out the whole night theres 3 trucks trying to paint it out before the day is done. The scene for graffiti has been chopped down to about a hundreth of what it was years ago when nearly every fence had a few hits on it, and if it didn't the neighbors did haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwjhGUzcP-4

jansportbookbag.jpg

also, AC/DC is from Australia. but that's not what's important. what's important is the awesomeness of AC/DC. my first concert was AC/DC's Razor's Edge tour when I was like 5. During "Hells Bells" they had this huge liberty bell prop that came down from the top of the stage which Brian Johnson would smack the shit out of with a mallet. Then during "Whole Lotta Rosie" they had an enormous inflatable Rosie doll that took up the majority of the stage. And during "Money Talks" fake dollar bills with Angus Young on them rained down on the crowd. I think I may still have one stored in my parents house somewhere. That concert sealed the deal for a life of rock n' roll for me.

Share your awesome AC/DC stories!

jansportbookbag.jpg

also, AC/DC is from Australia. but that's not what's important. what's important is the awesomeness of AC/DC. my first concert was AC/DC's Razor's Edge tour when I was like 5. During "Hells Bells" they had this huge liberty bell prop that came down from the top of the stage which Brian Johnson would smack the shit out of with a mallet. Then during "Whole Lotta Rosie" they had an enormous inflatable Rosie doll that took up the majority of the stage. And during "Money Talks" fake dollar bills with Angus Young on them rained down on the crowd. I think I may still have one stored in my parents house somewhere. That concert sealed the deal for a life of rock n' roll for me.

Share your awesome AC/DC stories!

my first concert too,but i was 8 or 9.the philly crowd was pelting la guns with lit cigerettes