Jim Morrison predicted the current swing in music over 40 years ago.

KILZ FILLZ

Curious where things will be in another 40 years. I imagine people will abandon all the electronics and go back to instrument in hand.

-BNH

There is a lot of 'good' music that isn't dubshit or electro whatever... it's just not generally on the mainstream.

Music is so watered down now. I bet majority of the musicians played on the radio are hardly influenced by anything that's prior to the 80's. That's crazy to me. That's a total generalization on my part, but it doesn't seem likely.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Not for nothing d00d, but that was in 1970. Kraftwerk released Autobahn in 1974 for instance. Not to mention fucking Disco. So was Jim Morrison that much of a music visionary, or were the seeds of all that already sown in 1970? Nonetheless, cool link.

there were synthesizers in the lates 60's. checkout Gershon Kingsley's "Pop Corn" on youtube/whatever for a good example.

fucking dubstep and glitch hop just sounds like someone sat on the keyboard of a computer.

You sound soooooooo old and lame.

I'm not trying to stand up and defend what passes for music these days, but seriously, this type of reaction just reminds me of my dad trying to shit talk hip-hop.

"They're just talking! Thats not music!" *Shakes fist at sky

p.s.

Jim Morrison was a burned out crappy poet dip shit.

You sound soooooooo old and lame.

I'm not trying to stand up and defend what passes for music these days, but seriously, this type of reaction just reminds me of my dad trying to shit talk hip-hop.

"They're just talking! Thats not music!" *Shakes fist at sky

p.s.

Jim Morrison was a burned out crappy poet dip shit.

Yea, but i bet your father had AT LEAST somewhat decent taste in music... there is a difference between not knowing enough to form an opinion on something and being judgmental and what kids are now. Which is ignorant of what good music is and being exposed to and accepting garbage for something of quality... catch me shaking my fist at the sky all day son...

• Like 1

dubstep is the worst music i have heard so far..and im usually down to atleast get a few songs into a persons work before i form an opinion but the shit just makes me cringe...

Dubstep it annoying, but to each their own. By saying dubstep is just smashing keyboards and shit is not entirely true. As a drummer, I can respect some of those beats. I think dubstep is limited on where it can go as a genera because it pretty much all sounds the same, but I wouldn't be so quick to discredit it as music, because it is music, it's just not typical.

The only argument that I would consider making, would be that the mainstream music outlets and journals shed some light on music that IS not fucking garbage. It blows my mind that some of these bands that are screaming and being all pissed on stage with chains and eye makeup on are selling shit. They're selling a fucking image, not a sound.

there were synthesizers in the lates 60's. checkout Gershon Kingsley's "Pop Corn" on youtube/whatever for a good example.

There's also Stockhausen, Philip Glass, Jean Michel Jarre...before the advent of the Moog it took a lot of effort to actually make electronic music because the interfaces were anything but user friendly.

I don't follow what goes on vis a vis pop culture at all....and I got bored with whatever current electronic music is happening ATM around 1995, there's no merit or soul to it anymore.

Sometimes I'll hear something that surprises me but that's rare. Hell, I barely go to shows anymore. I listen to a lot of New Weird America and indie rock as long as the balance between experimental and listenable is there.