Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CreamyPotatoe

Jim Morrison predicted the current swing in music over 40 years ago.

/YouTube thread

/old news rocks

/search function

/first

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8KJ29qph0&sns=em - VIA BASSNECTAR

Pretty crazy how spot on he was. He said 4-5 years(if I heard right) and it ended up being about 40. I know ch0 is a bunch of people from allll over but I think everyone would agree that the things that have been going on musically within the last couple years are just about what he was imagining. 'glitch-hop' (I hate calling it that) and dub step have been on a massive explosion here in the SW of America... (in my circles blues, jazz, and country have been booming... Country w mostly the females). I'm not sure how things are developing in say... Littlerock, Arkansas, however everyone of us has witnessed (via ch0) atleast dubstep gaining popularity... No matter how much you hate it. Not to mention Kanye and tpain autotune shit... Weezy autotune shit.. Etc etc singing over hippy hoppy beats. Up high lonely lyrics over electronic beats stolen from jazz.

Curious where things will be in another 40 years. I imagine people will abandon all the electronics and go back to instrument in hand.

-BNH

Not for nothing d00d, but that was in 1970. Kraftwerk released Autobahn in 1974 for instance. Not to mention fucking Disco. So was Jim Morrison that much of a music visionary, or were the seeds of all that already sown in 1970? Nonetheless, cool link.

I was expecting some epic monologue where he predicted the future exactly as it is now. Instead I get one and a half minutes of a stoned yeti talking about exactly what was happening at that time anyway.

Son. I am dissapoint.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Wonder's_Journey_Through_%22The_Secret_Life_of_Plants%22

just sayin..stevie did dubstep first

Not for nothing d00d, but that was in 1970. Kraftwerk released Autobahn in 1974 for instance. Not to mention fucking Disco. So was Jim Morrison that much of a music visionary, or were the seeds of all that already sown in 1970? Nonetheless, cool link.

True. I suppose you could say the same about dancehall and rub-a-dub that was coming out then.

I'm sitting at a McDonalds off I-5 somewhere outside Los Banos... Killing a buzz with coffee and hash browns while reading this thread. The only one not wearing a construction orange shirt. I'm like 'how bizarre'.

Wondering if I should ask to use the restroom.

• Like 1

Glitch hop eh... Somewhere between massive attack and portishead? Maybe with an Edit tinge.

Gonna be one of those days. One of those days. Heading to So-cal for what might be the swell of the summer.

Boats I know you seen this massive South-hemi ripping towards the coast! The wedge @ Newps will probably be pushing 20 feet yo!

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now