Jim Morrison predicted the current swing in music over 40 years ago.

KILZ FILLZ

/YouTube thread

/old news rocks

/search function

/first

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8KJ29qph0&sns=em - VIA BASSNECTAR

Pretty crazy how spot on he was. He said 4-5 years(if I heard right) and it ended up being about 40. I know ch0 is a bunch of people from allll over but I think everyone would agree that the things that have been going on musically within the last couple years are just about what he was imagining. 'glitch-hop' (I hate calling it that) and dub step have been on a massive explosion here in the SW of America... (in my circles blues, jazz, and country have been booming... Country w mostly the females). I'm not sure how things are developing in say... Littlerock, Arkansas, however everyone of us has witnessed (via ch0) atleast dubstep gaining popularity... No matter how much you hate it. Not to mention Kanye and tpain autotune shit... Weezy autotune shit.. Etc etc singing over hippy hoppy beats. Up high lonely lyrics over electronic beats stolen from jazz.

Curious where things will be in another 40 years. I imagine people will abandon all the electronics and go back to instrument in hand.

-BNH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Not for nothing d00d, but that was in 1970. Kraftwerk released Autobahn in 1974 for instance. Not to mention fucking Disco. So was Jim Morrison that much of a music visionary, or were the seeds of all that already sown in 1970? Nonetheless, cool link.

True. I suppose you could say the same about dancehall and rub-a-dub that was coming out then.

Glitch hop eh... Somewhere between massive attack and portishead? Maybe with an Edit tinge.

Gonna be one of those days. One of those days. Heading to So-cal for what might be the swell of the summer.

Boats I know you seen this massive South-hemi ripping towards the coast! The wedge @ Newps will probably be pushing 20 feet yo!

couldnt agree more MZ, fucking dubstep and glitch hop just sounds like someone sat on the keyboard of a computer. Then you have all the trash pop stuff from xfactor and shows like that.

I avoid the radio and tv shows so never know who is popular anymore, people mention songs to me and then look at me like im crazy when I say I have never heard of the artist let along know the song.