OFFICIAL NHL 11-12 SEASON NURGA THREAD

mewzer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: yeah right alotta other teams are better than those guys

Not the Devils though, right?

:lol:

Your team is fucking clown shoes. Overpaid star player who did jack shit last year. Your goaltender is fat and has homosexual tendencies. Even Lemaire was smart enough to see this..

Enjoy hanging out with the islanders and panthers in the bottom of the division for the next 8-9 years...

idk about all that but last year was first time the devils missed the playoffs in 13 years and only twice in 20..

we do have a another new coach and i have high hopes for this year even though its not gonna be too hard to be better than the previous season. also im not disputing Brodeur's homosexual ways but he did sleep with his wifes sister after the won the stanley cup..

1994.. just saying

^

80's Oilers, just sayin ;)

Sharks will win the pacific division and possibly the western conference. Adding Havlat and Burns were good moves without giving too much up (Heatley and Setoguchi), tough to part with Seto but adding Havlat more than makes up for that. I know we like to call them playoff chokers, but all they are missing is a SC. They have made it to the conference finals two years in a row - a team that sucks doesn't do that.

As far as the east goes, I don't usually get too involved with EC teams because I'm out in the west, but I have to cheer for the B's hopefully there is no SC hangover for them. Interesting to see what will become of Savard and how Seguins sophmore season goes, he went to the famed biosteele camp this year.

The other team I'm going to keep an eye on in the east are the Isles. I see a lot of similarities between the Isles and the Oilers, except the Isles are 2-3 years further into their rebuild than we are. Tavares, Grabner, Moulsen, Strome, Hamonic, Streit ... lots of good young talent there.

And lastly G'OILERS. Not expecting much from them this season. Looking for strong follow ups from last years rookies. Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi, Omark, looking for all of them to have strong sophmore seasons. Cam Barker was a summer pick up, he is looking to rebound his NHL career and is basically on a one year try out with the worst team in the league, can't get any better for him to make his mark and earn his next paycheque. Hopefully Ryan Whitney and Ales Hemsky can stay healthy this year because we really went off the tracks when we lost those two last year. Looking forward to 9 games of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, and we'll see what the brass does after that - whether he goes back to JR and plays at the WJC or manages to stick around for a full year of NHL remains to be seen. The return of Ryan Smythe has me so pissed off that I can't make opening night, I'm stuck outta town working, tickets to that night in the Gallery are already selling for 500$+ and I have two in the collonade, boo! And last but not least, can't wait to see Ben Eager wreck shit against the canucks, flames, and everybody else this year... Hordichuck and Sutton are going to be nice to watch for the punishment as well.

TL;DR? Hockey fan is excited about hockey to finally get going again.

Anybody else a ticket holder? Mosluggo I'm looking in your direction....

12oz Hockey game would be tight- Never happen though-- Nah no season tix dawg- just know a few people that have them etc.. Im out on the fantasy shit btw

Quote from someone else-

I know in Canada we have the CHL (WHL, OHL, and QMJHL) for jr hockey but whats American jr hockey like? A lot of 'Merican kids come up to play in the CHL I think...

Jr A is good. Obviously if you can the OHL/WHL would be the smarter route to the promised land.. Seems like nowadays good players play jr a for a year or two and go the college route- then pro-- Wasn't always like that from what I remember..I'm excited to see what Grimaldi does at North Dakota..Lil as Nurga

Yeah,,,crazy

TUNOSHNA, Russia (AP) — Russia’s Emergency Situations Ministry says at least 43 people have died in the crash of a Russian jet carrying a top ice hockey team.

The ministry said the plane was carrying 45 people, including 37 passengers and eight crew. The ministry said all but two people were killed in the crash.

The ministry said the Yak-42 plane crashed immediately after takeoff from an airport near the city of Yaroslavl, on the Volga River about 150 miles (240 kilometers) northeast of Moscow.

The weather was sunny and clear at the time.

Prime Minister Vladimir Putin immediately sent the nation's transport minister to the site, 10 miles (15 kilometers) east of Yaroslavl.

The ministry said the plane was carrying the Lokomotiv ice hockey team from Yaroslavl. The team was heading to Minsk, the capital of Belarus, where it was to play Thursday against Dinamo Minsk in the opening game of the season of the Kontinental Hockey League.

The KHL is an international club league that pits together teams from Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Latvia and Slovakia.

Lokomotiv Yaroslavl is a leading force in Russian hockey and came third in the KHL last year. It's coached by Canadian McCrimmon and includes several international stars in its ranks, such as Stefan Liv of Sweden and Czech Republic players Josef Vaicek and Jan Marek.

Lokomotiv was a three-time Russian League champion in 1997, 2002-2003. It took bronze last season.

The short- and medium-range Yak-42 has been in service since 1980 and dozens are still in service with Russian and other airlines.

President Dmitry Medvedev has announced plans to take aging Soviet-built planes out of service starting next year.

In June, another Russian passenger jet crashed in the northwestern city of Petrozavodsk, killing 47 people. The crash of that Tu-134 plane has been blamed on pilot error.

yea TP texted me about it^^ i for sure figured former NHL plalyers were gone.

bad summer for hockey, jesus...

former and present NHL players that passed:

Pavol Demitra of the Blues,

Josef Vasicek of the Islanders

Karel Rachunek who played for the Redwings

Karlis Skrastins of the Dallas Stars

Stefan Liv of the Redwings (prospect)

Ruslan Salei of the Canucks

Brad McCrimmon of the Flyers and Redwings

Igor Korolev of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Chicago Blackhawks

Fucking hockey players are cursed lately...

If Reimer plays anything like he did last season the leafs will be in the post season.

Watch out for the Blackhawks this year.

Can't wait to see the jets this year

Also can't wait for mens league to start back up, my team was revamped over the summer and we picked up a few good players to replace some shitty ones, hopefully we actually win something this season considering my overall record between my summer and winter league is literally 1-28-3

Roberto Luongo, goalie for the Vancouver Canucks, was found distressed but alive next to a rail line shortly after losing game seven of the Stanley Cup playoffs to the Boston Bruins. According to witnesses he attempted suicide by jumping in front of a train, but it went through his legs.