OFFICIAL NHL 11-12 SEASON NURGA THREAD

mewzer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BRUINS THE BRUINS WHAT?

BRUINS THE BRUINS WHAT?

CAPTAIN ZDENO!

CAPTAIN ZDENO!

BRUINS THE BRUINS WHAT?

BRUINS THE BRUINS WHAT?

THOMAS. TIM THOMAS STOPS PUCKS AND FUCKS LUONGO IN THE BUTT!

BRUINS THE BRUINS WHAT!

REPEAT! REPEAT!

WE ROCK! :lol:

lets get this shit jumpin.

any good trades to talk of? i haven't been on tsn or checked out any other websites in a while.

oh and ARE WE GONNA DO A FANTASY LEAGUE THIS YEAR OR WHAT NIG NOGS.

WE FAILED LAST YEAR, LETS TRY TO GET ONE GOIN AND DO IT RIGHT THIS YEAR!

how many more days till pre season starts?

TOO FUCKING MANY!

i

tumblr_lqgjhtUESo1qfc56wo1_500.jpg

HOCKEY AND THIS THREAD!

can't wait to talk some shit :lol:

hey nuck fans, gonna riot again this year because your team doesn't make it to the playoffs?

and shark fans, what else is there to say.. your team sucks, joe thorton sucks. CHOKE MORE.

tumblr_lqfsknS2WK1qefm89o1_250.gif

just got my skates sharpened... got some new pads...

gettin ready for the "old mans" league.. and the friends league to start up soon...

feelin good, anyone else doing any actual real life skating/playing this year?

oh, and NHL 12 looks nice.

finally, they put some old school people back in the game.

they need to put old school all star teams in / old school year teams in.. like in madden they have like '76, '79, '88 so and so teams... they need to do that with NHL.. would love to play with some old school bruins players.. and old school teams in general... YZERMAN! brett hull, mark messier, adam oates, patrick roy, ed belfour, vaughn, etc... that'd be sweet.

^

80's Oilers, just sayin ;)

Sharks will win the pacific division and possibly the western conference. Adding Havlat and Burns were good moves without giving too much up (Heatley and Setoguchi), tough to part with Seto but adding Havlat more than makes up for that. I know we like to call them playoff chokers, but all they are missing is a SC. They have made it to the conference finals two years in a row - a team that sucks doesn't do that.

As far as the east goes, I don't usually get too involved with EC teams because I'm out in the west, but I have to cheer for the B's hopefully there is no SC hangover for them. Interesting to see what will become of Savard and how Seguins sophmore season goes, he went to the famed biosteele camp this year.

The other team I'm going to keep an eye on in the east are the Isles. I see a lot of similarities between the Isles and the Oilers, except the Isles are 2-3 years further into their rebuild than we are. Tavares, Grabner, Moulsen, Strome, Hamonic, Streit ... lots of good young talent there.

And lastly G'OILERS. Not expecting much from them this season. Looking for strong follow ups from last years rookies. Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi, Omark, looking for all of them to have strong sophmore seasons. Cam Barker was a summer pick up, he is looking to rebound his NHL career and is basically on a one year try out with the worst team in the league, can't get any better for him to make his mark and earn his next paycheque. Hopefully Ryan Whitney and Ales Hemsky can stay healthy this year because we really went off the tracks when we lost those two last year. Looking forward to 9 games of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, and we'll see what the brass does after that - whether he goes back to JR and plays at the WJC or manages to stick around for a full year of NHL remains to be seen. The return of Ryan Smythe has me so pissed off that I can't make opening night, I'm stuck outta town working, tickets to that night in the Gallery are already selling for 500$+ and I have two in the collonade, boo! And last but not least, can't wait to see Ben Eager wreck shit against the canucks, flames, and everybody else this year... Hordichuck and Sutton are going to be nice to watch for the punishment as well.

TL;DR? Hockey fan is excited about hockey to finally get going again.

Anybody else a ticket holder? Mosluggo I'm looking in your direction....

new_jersey_devils_1993.jpg

no matter what this year is gonna be better than last!:D

i dont really know what to expect from the new coach but im hoping he can get along with Parise n Kovalchuk.

Unfortunately before this year even starts we are already at a loss with Zajac being out for the first month or two of the season with an achilles injury..

nice, love white pads especially after a couple good games when they are all scuffed up.

HUSK has been rockin these for couple years... they are great pads.

tumblr_lqrdpeGdey1r19qmgo2_500.jpg

only got to take 1 photo, before she got curious and wanted her photo taken. :lol:

tumblr_lqrdpeGdey1r19qmgo1_500.jpg

rest of the gear is in the basement/ our bags.. too lazy to flick right now.

the frozen fenway with bruins vs philly (two years back?) was a lot better, when it was BC vs BU and Northeastern vs ?? (new hampshire maybe?) i forget. 2 top rank teams, and a ok north eastern team..

will not be paying for tickets to go see shitty teams like UMASS and UVM.

maine.. eh maybe.

speaking of frozen shit, who is playing in the heritage classic this year?

and the winter classic??

the frozen fenway with bruins vs philly (two years back?) was a lot better, when it was BC vs BU and Northeastern vs ?? (new hampshire maybe?) i forget.

i posted a few photos of the winter classic from fenway at the time in either the NHL thread or my day in pics. it was amazing. just such an amazing site to see fenway with a rink. NU always plays UNH and the beancup is BC and BU... both of those are classic area matchups but most the rest of the country could give two shits.

@ IHU word.

(i remember those pictures, i cursed you because seeing actual photos of it looked so fucking awesome)

me and HUSK played in mulitple JR. BEANPOTS over the years.

husk was the main reason his team won multiple times..

open skate = zero room to move because so many people with KIDS will be skating around.

and all UMASS teams suck hard.