crazy fuckin debilitating back pain

i dunno if you're fucked

but i used to have crazy back pain from a variety of stuff.

i started doing yoga, about 15-20 minutes a day, and it went away, couldn't fucking believe it

if i skip it for a few days, the pain comes back.

i use my wii fit. really. try it for a few weeks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i think just chronic, my back has hurt since i was in jr high, but it never affected my ability to function until i was 18. im 23 now and it hasnt stopped much since it started. apperantly the muscle mass in my legs is really un toned and it gets super tense and pulls my hips out of place which causes my spine to follow it down and pinch my ciatic nerve. ive fucked with 800mg ibuprofins they didnt do shit. chiropracter let me borrow a tens unit but had to give it back and cant afford my own at the moment.blaaahhhh. to do list : look into chineese niggaz with needles....rub money on back...buy sweater. thanks guys. ill be running marathons in no time

As the resident "guy who broke his spine while posting on 12oz" member I'll help you out. First off sounds like you may have some lower back scholiosis thats gone untreated. Look in the mirror and see if your hips are even when standing straight up, or if one is higher than the other, they are askew, or otherwise not normal. Uneven pressure on the nerves in the hips and down is probably causing your siatic nerve issues. Get a heel lift and some good insoles for your shoes (wearing supportive type shoes is really important too, shelltoes arent gonna cut it), try and figure out by standing on books in the mirror on either foot how to even your hips out, then put the lift under the insole in the foot of the leg on your sunken hip, until it is raised with the level of the other.

If your hips arent out of allignment you might have a more degenerative disorder that may eventually require real medical care. I have to do physical therapy weekly still, and what really helped me was getting a pull-up bar in my doorway, grabbing it, and let my legs go limp so it stretches out my spine. Basically just hang there until you feel all the vertibra decompress , then VERY CAREFULLY slowly begin to stand up as you arch your back - you have to be very careful to arch out and stand up by slowly placing more of your weight on your feet, otherwise you can pinch nerves while standing up and that will put you down with spasms for a day.

Also get a mat and get on the floor and do a routine of daily stretches. After nearly a full year of spine rebuilding physical therapy I have learned a lot of them, and they really work. Since you have siatic nerve spasms in your leg, lying on your back and stretching your leg up, straight up to the sky as far as you can go, will be a good relief. At first your leg will be tense, and while you do it, it will hurt like a motherfucker, but you will notice you get a little bit more flexability each time. Make sure to do even smooth movements, nothing jerky. Another one is what my physical therapist calls the "camel / cat" - get on all fours and alternate between arching your back like a camel hump, as far as you can handle, then letting it drop into a sort of bowl/halfpipe like a cat stretching. Go as deep as possible, and once again no fast or jerky movement to pinch nerves. The last one is just get on your knees and do the sort of "pray to the east" deal, where you lean forward on the ground with your arms extended in front of you, hold for 30 seconds (or work up to 30 seconds if you are really tense) then come back up. You can also lean to either side as far as you can go, keeping your knees and shins on the ground.

Also get a script for valium or some other real muscle relaxer. You dont need to be doped up on high level opiates like I am, since you didnt have a traumatic accident; you need something to relax your muscles.

I hope this works for you, I also have scoliosis that went untreated my entire life along with a serious spine injury, so A lot of this will work for your siatica. Also consider looking into a "trigger point massager" so you can give yourself deep tissue backrubs. Dont forget heating pads and ice packs too; heating pads on your back or hip or legs wherever you are tense BEFORE physical activity or work, ice on the effected ares AFTER. You would be suprised how big a difference simple ice and heat can make. I have some of those heat patches I carry with me that I can stick on my back when im out and it gets bad.

This helps me for temporary relief. I try to sleep as demonstrated in the top picture of diagram

and if my back hurts during the day I take some time out to lay down and elevate my legs on a

chair. While laying down I try to focus my weight on the areas of my back that hurt. Definitely

not going to cure the cause but has helped with pain management for me.

loadMedia.ashx?bookname=pten&filename=117b.jpg

My back pain is almost always lower back and always spinal.

goodluck

• Like 1

i dont mean to turn this into a drug discussion. Wont elaborate much but

narcotic painkillers really dont help much for pain. Atleast thats how it is

for me. If i went to the doctor I expect they would try to blow me off with

some vicodin. Probably tell me to take 5/500 every 4 or 5 hours or something.

Roxy 30 to the dome just barely touched this. I didnt even want to make the

call but its got so bad today that im walking hunched over to the side. 2 times

this morning i had a back spasm that dropped me to the floor. Hurt so bad

my legs gave out.

I suppose its helped the pain a little. Probably wont collapse any more but

more than anything it makes me not care that it hurts so much

Had the Mallinckrodt hookups.

I would imagine that is because of your tolerances to drugs, I used to have that problem when my drug use was quite high, if i would get something from the doctor it just wouldnt do a damn thing, just not strong enough, even though I have been clean for years I still find that stuff that knocks people out doesn't tend to do much to me.

no, they also want people with that shit to stretch and take some meds, possibly steroids

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001478/

Surgery may be an option for the few patients whose symptoms do not go away with other treatments and time.

AMF feel better mang. damn.

get that lady of your to hook it up haha

btw. nice carcass reference coporaljigsorequandary

though i may have propped on that before. i don't remember..

for real tho:

I have had pinched nerves in my upper back since i was ten. doctors could never find anything wrong.

recently when i have gone swimming the back pain spreads from my shoulders to my elbows. its FUCKED. crazy painful. going to see an OS tomorrow

That's because doctors are not chiropractors.

Go see a chiropractor.

I JusT FUCKED MY BACK UP LAST NIGHT. I woke this morning and could hardly move. It's so bad i can't even pick up my son. Who i had to let his mom take him since i am pretty much stuck in bed or the couch. I have tried the jacuzzi but that only helps for a few minutes. Actually trying to get a heating pad so i can try and sleep with some comfort. Tomorrow is going to be fun going back to work..

i dont mean to turn this into a drug discussion. Wont elaborate much but

narcotic painkillers really dont help much for pain. Atleast thats how it is

for me. If i went to the doctor I expect they would try to blow me off with

some vicodin. Probably tell me to take 5/500 every 4 or 5 hours or something.

Roxy 30 to the dome just barely touched this. I didnt even want to make the

call but its got so bad today that im walking hunched over to the side. 2 times

this morning i had a back spasm that dropped me to the floor. Hurt so bad

my legs gave out.

I suppose its helped the pain a little. Probably wont collapse any more but

more than anything it makes me not care that it hurts so much

Had the Mallinckrodt hookups.

the roxy 30s are no joke! had me stuck the first time i took one. the thing i don't understand is how does everyone but me have an Rx for this shit?? now that OC is no longer made (look it up, its called opana now), roxy is now the strongest (instant release) pain med available and i swear to god, i see these things more than coke nowadays. i've never managed to get anything good rx'd to me, how the fuck do you find a doc willing to Rx these things??!! Shit....tryin' to get paid!!