Irate Irene

!@#$%

i've been overhearing people talk about it throughout the day like it's either no big deal or the end of the world. personally, i don't think it will be that devastating. the media hype is what's driving people's fears. on a positive note, since we're staying longer i made reservations for the comedy cellar to see judah friedlander. that goofy looking fucker's hilarious.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ, IT'S ONLY A CAT. 2. That shit is small potatoes in the world of

hurricanes, and they don't even think it'll still be a hurricane by the time it hits the NY area.

Media is just hyping everyone up about it. relax.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ink face again.

smoke more weed

If this actually does end up fucking the east coast over, I'm going to be silently lolling at all the naysayers while I pick up shingles and clear debris from the yard in a snorkel.

Not gonna say anything one way or the other, though. We'll find out when we find out...regardless of what happens people here are going to be terrified and respond with no common sense, just like every time something "extreme weather" related happens. The only difference is this time around in the city they'll be blaming a Hispanic mayor instead of a gay one.

Edit: I am not afraid of damages or flooding really (impartiality aside I think they are real possibilities) but I am gonna be pissed if we lose power for an extended period. 7 egg omelet for dinner tomorrow, I'm guessing.

<- long islander

it's pretty insane over here really. people are going crazy

if not by now, at MOST, 95% of gas stations are out of gas here. i waited for 20 mins to fill up

supermarket ISLES are completely empty. water, food, milk, eggs.. good luck

i really don't expect it to be like how they are predicting though

i lived in florida during hurricane andrew in '92, now that was scary

the shitty part is how long we could be out of electricity for

a lot of mandatory evacuations are going in the coastal towns around me

everything of the first couple of miles south of long island are evacuated

we're upland so we should be pretty save with flooded basements and stuff

:haha:

fuggit, my new roof was put on yesterday, coincidentally

<---not worried

no one has panicked here, at all. normal looking gas stations, traffic and grocery stores

which is super cool, bc if any amount of snow is coming people flip the fuck out, stupid dumb considering we get several feet a year these days

maybe ill get a pie in the face but im just not sold on this shit. last march the warwick mall and half of cranston was under water. amtrak was shut down etc etc. i dont even think this will match that let alone some other legit hurricanes we have got. there will be rain, localized flooding and some wind, not fronting on that but they way they treating this is like its gonna be the northeast katrina of 2011. gtfo. we live in the word of over preparedness. i think they are blowing this shit WAY out of proportion just to get people shook.

ak75majpg.gif