Train oil tanker on fire - Evacuated

ImChristeezy

http://www.kcra.com/video/28963179/detail.html

Fire Evacuees May Not Go Home For Days

LINCOLN, Calif. -- Thousands in Lincoln awoke weary and unsure of what the coming days would hold after evacuating their homes Tuesday following a rail car fire that continues to burn and leak propane gas.

Early Wednesday morning, a spokesman for Cal Fire said the blaze could burn for days, meaning residents of about 4,800 homes evacuated Tuesday may have to stay away from their houses much longer than they anticipated.

“We’ll just take it moment by moment, day by day,” said Leslie Reyes, an evacuee who slept in her van overnight because her dog was not allowed inside the shelter, created at the Lincoln Community Center.

Reyes had her most treasured possessions – including photos of her three children – in the back of her van, and said the family might stay with her mother if the mandatory evacuation remains in place much longer.

The order is in place for all homes within a one-mile radius of the fire. Daniel Berlant, a spokesman for Cal Fire, said the reason for the massive evacuation is that if an explosion were to occur, “it would be catastrophic.”

So since early yesterday Ive been driving and staying at redcross/hotel and eating close to nothing. They have the hwy blocked off, cant go back home... This is lame, and I hope this doesnt blow cus its connected to two other completely full tanks that would probably level this town out.

0d0f7ecd-eb9f-41b5-aa14-0c56d954d309.jpg

I live where that face is at.......

I honestly dont know what is or what will come of this so wish me luck :)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

people will start flipping out about how trains shouldn't be carrying this stuff

apparently oblivious to the fact that our consumption of it makes such transport inevitable.

anyway, sorry to hear this disaster might affect you christeezie

i remember our major train tunnel fire.. people were freaked and it belched disgusting smoke for days, but in the end all returned to 'normal'

good luck

“We’ll just take it moment by moment, day by day,” said Leslie Reyes, an evacuee who slept in her van overnight because her dog was not allowed inside the shelter, created at the Lincoln Community Center.

Funny how animals aren't allowed in, yet with that many homes evacuated im more the positive a couple sex offenders are in that shelter. In my opinion , should be considered an animal. Aswell as treated so.

this is ill, wanted to go see this but no way i could get close to get my own photos.

im assuming they will dump foam from the air or uncouple it to get it away from other trains and bust it open.

in most tank or fuel fires you can either blow it up or dump the fuel to burn it out. but because its a train im not sure how they have to go about it...

• 2 weeks later...