Earthquakes across the U.S.

AlwaysOverDoinn

i just wanna say (brag) that on monday night/tuesday morning (12am or so) i woke up from an earthquake dream so real i turned on my computer and checked. i wrote on fb "earthquake?" to see if anyone else felt it. nothing.

the very next day, tuesday night/wednesday morning (11:45-12am) there was an earthquake! fucking weird br0!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm not even close jack ass.. why would the east coast have earth quake safe buildings when they are rare.. just like cali having shelters for tornados... get the picture

Cause buildings are suppose to have some sort of earthquake proof in the design but on what degree is different on the building. That shit isnt the same for tornados but you dont know shit on the subject and talk like you do.

the thing is you cant back up what you say with anything that makes sense cause you are some kid that cant think on your own and just join in with this guy

proof

srsly wtf is up with this shit

there havent been a hurricane up in CT in like 15 yrs

^ this.

you are retarded. the east coast has been hit with hurricanes in the past 15 years, but most have downgraded before making land fall in the region.

Are the buildings in NYC built to be resistant to earthquakes? would be dumb not to just cause earthquakes are rare

Wtf your problem? "Nature" no shit but it never happens in the east coast are you from cali or something retard

pretty sure people in the north east do not wanna spend shit loads of money to retro fit buildings for earthquakes which hardly happen in the region.... and i'm pretty sure it's not in any of the building codes for the new buildings.. maybe a small amount of buildings like skyscrapers and government buildings might have some sort of buffer against earthquakes.. but who knows unless you are a building contractor.

• Like 1

Cause buildings are suppose to have some sort of earthquake proof in the design but on what degree is different on the building. That shit isnt the same for tornados but you dont know shit on the subject and talk like you do.
not true. dumb fuck. many of east coast areas did not get seimic codes untill the mid ninties. west coast areas around 1975 . so do the math . a less active fault like such as the one near dc is going to have less semic safe structures than say la or sf..

ever hear of parkfield ca??

a mag 6.0 or higher on average every 22 years last was a 6.0 in 2004.. also home of one of the most active areas of the san andres fault.

seimic codes in alaska are tougher than the east coast.. ie anchorage quake of 64

town built on silt ... so on and so fourth

http://mceer.buffalo.edu/infoservice/reference_services/NYSzoneMap.asp

• Like 1

not true. dumb fuck. many of east coast areas did not get seimic codes untill the mid ninties. west coast areas around 1975 . so do the math . a less active fault like such as the one near dc is going to have less semic safe structures than say la or sf..

ever hear of parkfield ca??

a mag 6.0 or higher on average every 22 years last was a 6.0 in 2004.. also home of one of the most active areas of the san andres fault.

seimic codes in alaska are tougher than the east coast.. ie anchorage quake of 64

town built on silt ... so on and so fourth

http://mceer.buffalo.edu/infoservice/reference_services/NYSzoneMap.asp

I said to some degree and Im asking this cause Im in the east coast and wanted to see if people knew more on the subject. Thanks but it would be better if you can do it without starting beef for no reason.

Also, with todays technology some buildings are built with the purpose of not being able to witstand earthquakes. Just because it can meet requirements to not be destroyed after an earthquake doesnt mean it will. But whatever Ima go ask somewhere else

ha^^

my boy texted me who was in china town in NYC and he said the chinks were bugging the fuck out and running.

Stupid fuck(s)...who'd ya expect to see in CT-NYC???

A tribe from Papua New Guinea?

300 Spartans with spears?

The lost tribe of Israel?

I hate the word "chinks" & IHATEU2...

:scrambled:Stop freakin' out:scrambled:.

Instead...

Pay attention to the flamingos, when they suddenly huddle together over a battery powered radio, prepare for the next earthquake.

umm not even close jack ass.. why would the east coast have earth quake safe buildings when they are rare.. just like cali having shelters for tornados... get the picture

Not for nothing but buildings getting hit by airplanes is pretty rare too, and they still try to build them to withstand that.

Just because something's rare, doesn't mean that it won't happen.

The tard kinda has a point.

i read the thread title, and im still waiting for the the earthquake to reach the bay area.

but then again we get a few earthquakes a week....

quakes.png

That's seriously a lot of earthquakes.

I mean I knew Cali gets a lot of earthquakes and all, but I figured it was like a couple a year or something.

Are you's getting them more frequently than usual these days, or has it always been like that?