Regarding torrents for college textbooks...

Newer Bigger Better

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

There are no websites that specialize in textbooks.

The websites that do have some textbooks almost certainly do not have the books you need for the class you are taking.

With new editions released all the time the time spent scanning and uploading textbooks is hardly worth it, and so it is hardly ever done.

Also, the amount of available books to the amount of pirates willing to go through the entire process(buying/scanning/uploading/seeding) ratio is probably around 1,000:1.

Basically what I'm getting at is: That shit doesn't exist, and I would know if it did.

You're going to have to buy them shits.

There are no websites that specialize in textbooks.

The websites that do have some textbooks almost certainly do not have the books you need for the class you are taking.

With new editions released all the time the time spent scanning and uploading textbooks is hardly worth it, and so it is hardly ever done.

Also, the amount of available books to the amount of pirates willing to go through the entire process(buying/scanning/uploading/seeding) ratio is probably around 1,000:1.

Basically what I'm getting at is: That shit doesn't exist, and I would know if it did.

You're going to have to buy them shits.

I've found and downloaded three of my textbooks so far.

You know what feels good? Not paying for books, oh and being right.

Also, the reason I gave the answer I did (so you know I'm not just full of shit) is because I am hard into the private torrent community, and every message board on these sites are littered with the same question you posed. Each time the person asking gets shot down, getting sent to libble or bibliotik. Both of those sites do not have a strong textbook library.

Text books make alot more money then any other type of books. Since book stores are closing, the publishers are going to protect their products like they are their children. They will keep changing editions and moving content around to stop a digital version from getting online and being stolen.

Also, the reason I gave the answer I did (so you know I'm not just full of shit) is because I am hard into the private torrent community, and every message board on these sites are littered with the same question you posed. Each time the person asking gets shot down, getting sent to libble or bibliotik. Both of those sites do not have a strong textbook library.

Well luckily not everyone on this site is a dick like you :)

last year i got my lit books (not textbooks) at used book stores, and sold em back; helpin em out since they're a dying breed.

as for textbooks, i try to co-ordinate my shedule with friends so we go halfway on used books, but this year the math department pulled some bullshit where you have to do your homework online on a site you pay for.

fuck