Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Newer Bigger Better

Regarding torrents for college textbooks...

I know there is librarypirate, and i know there is torrent my books...

but are there any private tracker sites that do just this? or any sites that seem to have a lot of textbooks?

Because fuck paying for my books.

(o)(o)

(tits)

There are no websites that specialize in textbooks.

The websites that do have some textbooks almost certainly do not have the books you need for the class you are taking.

With new editions released all the time the time spent scanning and uploading textbooks is hardly worth it, and so it is hardly ever done.

Also, the amount of available books to the amount of pirates willing to go through the entire process(buying/scanning/uploading/seeding) ratio is probably around 1,000:1.

Basically what I'm getting at is: That shit doesn't exist, and I would know if it did.

You're going to have to buy them shits.

Yea im not really looking forward to buying books.

And taking the risk of stealing them isn't worth it.

Since you get expelled.

Amazon.com

Won't be completely free, but you'll save a whole lot of money. Textbooks are reprinted so often/there are so many of them it would probably be a bitch to find the right ones online.

also, i used a website called chegg.

you rent the text book, then send it back at the end of the semester. a lot cheaper than buying from anywhere.

Amazon.com

Won't be completely free, but you'll save a whole lot of money. Textbooks are reprinted so often/there are so many of them it would probably be a bitch to find the right ones online.

Best deal

There are no websites that specialize in textbooks.

The websites that do have some textbooks almost certainly do not have the books you need for the class you are taking.

With new editions released all the time the time spent scanning and uploading textbooks is hardly worth it, and so it is hardly ever done.

Also, the amount of available books to the amount of pirates willing to go through the entire process(buying/scanning/uploading/seeding) ratio is probably around 1,000:1.

Basically what I'm getting at is: That shit doesn't exist, and I would know if it did.

You're going to have to buy them shits.

I've found and downloaded three of my textbooks so far.

You know what feels good? Not paying for books, oh and being right.

also, i used a website called chegg.

you rent the text book, then send it back at the end of the semester. a lot cheaper than buying from anywhere.

THIS

I've found and downloaded three of my textbooks so far.

You know what feels good? Not paying for books, oh and being right.

193-feels-good-man-rugrats.jpg

Also, the reason I gave the answer I did (so you know I'm not just full of shit) is because I am hard into the private torrent community, and every message board on these sites are littered with the same question you posed. Each time the person asking gets shot down, getting sent to libble or bibliotik. Both of those sites do not have a strong textbook library.

Text books make alot more money then any other type of books. Since book stores are closing, the publishers are going to protect their products like they are their children. They will keep changing editions and moving content around to stop a digital version from getting online and being stolen.

Also, the reason I gave the answer I did (so you know I'm not just full of shit) is because I am hard into the private torrent community, and every message board on these sites are littered with the same question you posed. Each time the person asking gets shot down, getting sent to libble or bibliotik. Both of those sites do not have a strong textbook library.

Well luckily not everyone on this site is a dick like you :)

I'm racking my textbooks, like I do every year

Fuck the $450 they are charging for 4 books..they'll be lucky If i dont piss on their floors on the way out

Temp at the book store and take em, I know a few people who have done that.

Well luckily not everyone on this site is a dick like you :)

you misunderstood what i meant

im a member of bibliotik and libble, both sites are pretty much the best at what they do (books) and neither have very many textbooks. You're just lucky that most of yours were uploaded.

Guess im just lucky then...

I really shouldn't be complaining, so far my fees for all my classes and registering is 22 dollars. And the 2 more books i need will probably be under a c-note.

But my fasfa hasn't came in yet and i got struggles man.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now