Wallets

earmuffs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I go through wallets like every two years. My shits end up all huge like constanza. I currently got a Kenneth Cole one that's about to fall apart that has the license window thing. I usually get my wallets at some discount store like marshalls.

I'm probably gonna upgrade to porter, rrl or saddleback. I'll post pictures when I'm not on my phone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

my lady just copped this saddleback leather wallet for me:

41hykBieYaL.jpg

From the website:

A little stiff, but it will soften and form

100 yr. warranty. If it wears out before you do, I'll replace it for free

100% Full Grain leather

No breakable parts,e.g. zippers, buttons etc.

Industrial marine grade thread

Pigskin lining (tougher than leather)

Gets better looking every year

No one will comment on how cool your wallet is . . . this year. In ten years for sure, but not this year. It's nothing fancy. It doesn't have a window for your driver's license and it there's no plastic spare key holder. It's just a very solid wallet made with leather from the top of the hide called full grain (where the fibers are the most tightly woven together). It will be the longest lasting wallet you'll ever own and least exciting. . . the first year.

i usually rack a few though out the year..

typical thievery shit at marshalls/ross. I switch them out periodically - at the same time doing the much need "clean up" (old receipts, business cards, etc) as to not get that Costanza effect.

I would hope that a officer of the law could appreciate the poetry in stealing something to keep money in.

• 1 year later...

right now im rocking a leather wallet i got in mexico about 10 years ago. tri fold, clips to keep it closed, has a bald eagle head tooled into the front.

i see one of these in my future though, this chick gets down. my buddy got one from her with his initials on it before i met him. quality stuff. he didnt oil his though so it kinda looks like shit.

site --- http://godspeedleatherwerks.com/

portfolio --- http://www.flickr.com/photos/40018637@N05/sets/72157622885121935/\

jcZmIu8.jpg

FjWTGxz.png

N5kswLS.jpg

qBbjlj9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...