Health Care??

mackfatsoe

does anybody on here pay for health care? or get it through their job?

I am looking into this shit, for some catastrophic care type plan.....the deductibles on the affordable plans are insane!! 40 a month for a 10,000 deductible, no doctor visits, no scripts, nothing....

I work service industry, no health option through work...the 40 a month is no problem but its ridiculous how little you get for your money...plus all the exclusions...fucking thieves

anyways, I'm sure this thread will be a hit with this crowd. teenpussy.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^indeed.

more low-income brackets need to vote.

i've been covered by my employer for awhile but i did have a lapse in coverage for about a year when i went on contract awhile back.

that's over now but i did look into health care without en employer and yes, it's insanely expensive and barely covers anything.

the catastrophic plans can be good if you're desperate, but you might be better off taking your chances.

it also depends on where you live; see if in your state it's illegal for an ER to refuse coverage bc you don't have insurance. if that's the case, you are probably better off putting money aside in a bank account in case of any emergency, and just going to a target clinic or something if you get sick.

you should also focus on prevention; that means washing your hands a lot, having great dental hygiene, exercising and eating healthily (cut out sugars and artificial shit, balanced meals etc..) get good sleep and don't do tons of drugs or alcohol, and don't smoke cigarettes.

A buddy of mine didn't have health care, got pneumonia and went to the ER. Doctor said it was going to be about $300 until he got a bill for $1,600. He applied for Mass Health but was under the poverty line, so he applied to Cambridge Health and he didn't have to pay a dime. He now has totally free health care from them now.

Shit is ridiculously expensive, having a wife and kids on full plans w/ dental sure takes a bite out of one's paycheck.

When I switched jobs, I had to ask for additional $5k to be added to my salary offer just to come close to my previous coverage.

(being single has its advantages.)

ha i was just thinking about making a thread about this. I need to get my ass some healthcare soon, coming up on 26.

i don't want to get all crossfire in here but does anyone have some quick counter points to all the right wing arguments about how "obamacare" is going to destroy small business, add to the deficit, make healthcare more expensive for me, take away my freedom etc?

i don't want to get all crossfire in here but does anyone have some quick counter points to all the right wing arguments about how "obamacare" is going to destroy small business, add to the deficit, make healthcare more expensive for me, take away my freedom etc?

Depends on the argument, but basically you counter with caring for people is worth less money then the ER room and letting people die because they can not afford healthcare. Their whole premise is that they do not want to pay for someones health care and would rather let them be sick and die. Easy to argue with them, because anyone who is willing to let people die before regulating insurance companies and their oversized profits, really do not have a foot to stand on in the argument. Especially when the insurance companies are willing to kick you to the curb when you get sick before paying for the health bill that they agreed to when they were accepting premiums and when their profits are at record highs and they still want to raise the amounts they charge.

Link to record health care profits article, One of many.

Now we are too into Crossfire. Back to the the oontz

oontz.png

the other problem with the GOP argument, "death panels".. is that is what exists, NOW.

my mother, some old coworkers, even people's kids i know have been denied coverage because the insurance company wouldn't allow it; my mom's neurosurgeon wanted to use a laser for her last surgery; the insurance co wouldn't allow it due to expense, so he had to use the scalpel instead.

they had such a good relationship, he was willing to admit to her that decision fucked her up, and the surgery didn't go well, in fact, it hurt her worse.

this is the reality we live in; people being dumped off health care when they get a catastrophic illness, kids with genetic diseases being denied care, because these people are not profitable

... they want hard working people who are healthy to earn them profit, so they deny coverage to the people that need it and skimp on coverage for those who don't

it's complete bullshit that americans have the world's most expensive healthcare, but we aren't the healthiest population or even infant mortality rate

doctors and surgeons have to go to great lengths to fill out paperwork and justify care., and there is no agency out there policing how they do this shit

this is what for-profit health care gets us.

the pharmaceutical industry is another major problem

and i can't stand the argument (usually religious, right-wing, or conservative) that quantity of life; length of life, is supremely important. why can't we let cancer patients have all the pain meds they want? why can't we let people commit suicide?

lots of problems with our terrible health care system.