Who Do You Bank With?

Fist 666

So I've been with wells fargo for about 12 years now. They've always annoyed me, but their locations have been convenient to my home and so I put up with it.

They are going to start charging a monthly fee just for having a debit card. $3 isn't much, but its obnoxious and its one thing on top of another, those fuckers make so much off of our money and this is the last straw for me.

Does anyone actually like their bank?

Does anyone really fucking hate their bank and recommend who not to switch to?

(I was surprised this sort of thread didn't exist already, I did a couple variant searches and found nothing, but if one exists please delete/merge, ty)

(also, I usually put boobs in my threads, but I'd like this one to run a bit so I'm going to forgo the boobs and just post vikki blows with her boobs covered)

Vikki+Blows+Hot+Lingerie+Pictures2.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Look for high interest rates on your deposits. And low to no fees on most services they offer.

I basically don't use much cash anymore. Pay everything by card - if you're disciplined and can afford it.

Do most banking online, for free!

Disregard branches and customer service - they're shit wherever you go.

Charles-Schwab-Global-Trading-International-Investing.jpg

I tell people this constantly, charles schwab is the shit. No bullshit hidden fees, ever, they give you interest on your checking account and free checks.

No minimum balance required, no minimum uses of debit card, no requirement for direct deposit, shit is baller unless you need a local branch.

Illest part is the fact that they don't own any ATM's, so they don't charge a fee for using other ATMS, and refund whatever the ATM fee is.

I used an ATM at a strip club with a $20 fee, twice in one night because I'm stupid, they refunded $40 no questions asked.

Fist, you need to look into USAA. I can not find anyone that beats them in any financial area, to include insurance, mortgage, banking, and customer service. They do not have any local branches, but their phone service is outstanding compared to the competitors. Also, they reimburse fees from ATMs.

i was looking at them cilone--my concern is making regular deposits? do you really just go to UPS and do that? seems weird, and what about cash deposits?

basic credit question: if i close down my WF account, to include my visa credit card, will that negatively affect me assuming the new bank won't offer as high a credit line?

i was looking at them cilone--my concern is making regular deposits? do you really just go to UPS and do that? seems weird, and what about cash deposits?

I have an account with a local bank just for cash that I want to deposit, which is rare. Think about it, how many times do you actually want to deposit cash. For me it is rare. I deposit checks more often and you can scan those. It is really easy to scan them to USAA. Money is readily available. They basically, front the money, until the checks clears.

basic credit question: if i close down my WF account, to include my visa credit card, will that negatively affect me assuming the new bank won't offer as high a credit line?

It shouldn't, but that depends on your credit. I have over 800 in all three services. I have also closed credit cards in the past. Right now, I only use USAA, due to ease of use and lack of bullshit fees.

Most people here are not able to use USAA, so they do not know about them. For years I was a hold out, but I honestly can not say anything bad about them since I joined. The do not always have the best rates for loans, but for me, their customer service makes up for that, also their rates are still very fair and reasonable.

Just so you know, I only maintain a secondary account to depositing cash and then it gets transferred to USAA. No other uses for another account.

i bank with a very reputable regional bank

i don't like them but they don't charge me any fees.

when i went to switch i researched many major ones, like wells fargo, BofA, citi and wachovia and i was really unimpressed, so i stayed with them.

i now have savings accounts with ING, my personal checking in the regional bank, two retirement funds with TRowe Price that I like.. but i saw ING got bought by capital one so i'm not happy about that.

i did just decide to get another credit card though for overseas travel; i decided to never use my debit card overseas again. i decided i must have a cc that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees, which are complete bullshit. capital one is the only damn cc company that doesn't charge them at all.

tough to find a good bank

wachovia is ok

ING is pretty damn good if you don't need lots of paper checks.. i'm not well versed on their checking but not many fees, if any, and they may also give you interest.

credit unions are good too.

you won't negatively affect your credit for closing an account.. though i have read no account you have ever made a transaction on is ever truly closed, because no credit card sale is ever totally finalized. it's some crazy shit, but i got into it with a rental car company about a year ago when they tried to charge me for some bullshit damage and started fucking with my card/account.. luckily my bank saw they were being unreasonable.. we fucked them hard too, i ended up making a few hundred bucks on the deal.

you gotta stay on top of this shit though, banks are always changing terms and fucking around.

ING had above average savings accounts before they got bought out, a few years back I almost went with them but HSBC online savings had even better rates..

My theory is that interest rates have fallen off for way too long, banks can't make anything from your deposit any more.

The only thin a bank can do now is nickel and dime you to death with bullshit charges or get bought out by someone who does.

That's why internet banks are the only ones left that aren't helping themselves to your money anymore.

If you have lots of money laying around you may also want to consider investing in equities or like an index fund ad opposed to just keeping it in a savings account.

Term deposits would also br good as they pay a higher interest rates over a fixed term.

• Like 1

I fucking hate banks, I have worked for a few (ok I'm in the UK so not really relevant).

Having loyalty to a bank never pays off, best to take your money where the best deals are/less charges are applied.

PersonallY I would prefer to go with a credit union because I do't want to give my money to any of the major banks because they are all theiving cunts who deserve to be shot.

Then again my bank account is pretty much always emptied, I just leave enough in there to cover bills and take the rest out.