Rest in Peace Case 2

HIPHOPDONTSTOPATOP

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Some words from MONE.1 T.F.P on his friend CASE.2

Real talk....

***" I met Case 2 for the first time in the mid 90's through Cav. He called me up***

one night to paint, but I had other things going on. He responded by asking if I***

was sure because Case 2 was around and he wanted to do some freights. I quickly***

changed my plans and told him that I was in. We wound up painting almost till dawn in the lay up

that night. From that point on me and Case 2 were friends. I had the honor of going on***

quite a few missions with him (he must have done a good dozen***

freights which not many people even know. We even got him out a few nights to paint***

some red bird subway trains in the scrap yard). Aside from painting I spent many days at his***

crib just hanging out with him and him mom (god rest her soul.). He lived with her in***

the same building that he did when Style Wars was filmed which bugged me out.

> Case 2 was a one of a kind person. His personality and charisma was unlike***

anyone that I have ever met. When he walked into a room

he would take it over. He was the life of the party.When we***walked around his neighborhood he was like the mayor.***

It seemed like everyone knew***him. ***Most people with a disability such as his might let that hold them***

back, but Case never did. He could do damn near anything, and do it with confidence.***

He was able to ride a bike down the***block while popping a wheelie the entire way (well when he was younger at least). He***

could climb fences, run, do whole cars, and when push came to shove knock***

someone out if he felt disrespected. He was someone that demanded respect, but***

would give respect in return.If anyone tried to mess with him, or the people he***

considered close he would put them in their place.***

> There was a period of time that i didn't see Case 2. I will never forget the reaction I got from him***

when i first walked up to him after those years. He yelled my name out really loud and hugged me so tight that I think my back still hurts to this***

day.***

***I last painted with Jeff in 2009. We kept in touch here and there,***

but never did anything after that. I remember Sento***

telling me that i should hook up with Case a bit more, something which I now***

regret.My last real conversation with him was a few months back when his mom had

passed away. I called to give my condolences and we talked for a long time. He said***

some things to me, which at the time meant a lot, but now means even more***

that he is gone. I'm fortunate to have had that conversation with him. I***

can at least smile when I think back on the final time that we spoke.

***The last time that i saw him was 2 days before he passed away in the hospital. I visited him a few times earlier

in the week and he seemed to be showing signs of improvement.***He opened his eyes at times, nodded his head, and was able to move a bit.

These were things***that i didn't see the pervious time that I visited. 2 days after that I got the news that he passed away and I didn't want to believe it.***

Jeff was one of the toughest people that I have ever known. The odds might have been against him this time,***but beating the odds was something that he***

had done his entire life. It was hard to accept the reality that this time the outcome was different. It really hit me hard.

******Case 2 was one of the most innovative, and influential writers that there ever will be. His***

styles are still being bit to this day by kids who don't even know where it came***

from. He left an impression on everyone that he crossed paths with and will***

never be forgotten.***His legacy will live on forever.

>***

> Rest in peace my brother. Thank you for all of the great memories, and fun times. Show them how the Unbeatable King Of Style's does it up there!

> Mone 1

> The Fantastic Partners.

> >***

>***

• Like 1

Some words from MONE.1 T.F.P on his friend CASE.2

Real talk....

***" I met Case 2 for the first time in the mid 90's through Cav. He called me up***

one night to paint, but I had other things going on. He responded by asking if I***

was sure because Case 2 was around and he wanted to do some freights. I quickly***

changed my plans and told him that I was in. We wound up painting almost till dawn in the lay up

that night. From that point on me and Case 2 were friends. I had the honor of going on***

quite a few missions with him (he must have done a good dozen***

freights which not many people even know. We even got him out a few nights to paint***

some red bird subway trains in the scrap yard). Aside from painting I spent many days at his***

crib just hanging out with him and him mom (god rest her soul.). He lived with her in***

the same building that he did when Style Wars was filmed which bugged me out.

> Case 2 was a one of a kind person. His personality and charisma was unlike***

anyone that I have ever met. When he walked into a room

he would take it over. He was the life of the party.When we***walked around his neighborhood he was like the mayor.***

It seemed like everyone knew***him. ***Most people with a disability such as his might let that hold them***

back, but Case never did. He could do damn near anything, and do it with confidence.***

He was able to ride a bike down the***block while popping a wheelie the entire way (well when he was younger at least). He***

could climb fences, run, do whole cars, and when push came to shove knock***

someone out if he felt disrespected. He was someone that demanded respect, but***

would give respect in return.If anyone tried to mess with him, or the people he***

considered close he would put them in their place.***

> There was a period of time that i didn't see Case 2. I will never forget the reaction I got from him***

when i first walked up to him after those years. He yelled my name out really loud and hugged me so tight that I think my back still hurts to this***

day.***

***I last painted with Jeff in 2009. We kept in touch here and there,***

but never did anything after that. I remember Sento***

telling me that i should hook up with Case a bit more, something which I now***

regret.My last real conversation with him was a few months back when his mom had

passed away. I called to give my condolences and we talked for a long time. He said***

some things to me, which at the time meant a lot, but now means even more***

that he is gone. I'm fortunate to have had that conversation with him. I***

can at least smile when I think back on the final time that we spoke.

***The last time that i saw him was 2 days before he passed away in the hospital. I visited him a few times earlier

in the week and he seemed to be showing signs of improvement.***He opened his eyes at times, nodded his head, and was able to move a bit.

These were things***that i didn't see the pervious time that I visited. 2 days after that I got the news that he passed away and I didn't want to believe it.***

Jeff was one of the toughest people that I have ever known. The odds might have been against him this time,***but beating the odds was something that he***

had done his entire life. It was hard to accept the reality that this time the outcome was different. It really hit me hard.

******Case 2 was one of the most innovative, and influential writers that there ever will be. His***

styles are still being bit to this day by kids who don't even know where it came***

from. He left an impression on everyone that he crossed paths with and will***

never be forgotten.***His legacy will live on forever.

>***

> Rest in peace my brother. Thank you for all of the great memories, and fun times. Show them how the Unbeatable King Of Style's does it up there!

> Mone 1

> The Fantastic Partners.

> >***

^^^^^^^goes with the text,got these personally from Mone tfp

scan0043.jpg

casemonescrap2.jpg

• 1 month later...
k2.png IMG_3465.jpg ... -‎(RIP) rest in power -KASE2 tfp - my tribute to the big homie! i knew kase2 from my block and always talked about graffiti with him im way younger then him and always looked up to him bcuz he was one of the 1st guys i knew in the game ...You will be missed!! .....noverNYC
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Very sad my condolences to his mother she loved her Jeffry so much.

Im a 90s writer and cant speak on oldschool but I can tell you.. he never stopped, even in his older years.. walls freights cleans whatever ALWAYS DOWN

I Met Kase 2 in 98.. Me and my partner Xide went to the now extinct North NJ freight yard and seen a crew in the yard.. We crept up and it was Kase 2 along with Cavs Sien 5 and a couple other heads from the Bronx. We clicked and soon after I would be taking trips to the projects and sitting in his kitchen eating and drawing.

Fr8actionshot2.jpg

I had the PRIVILEGE of painting two clean trains with him. The first one we was in the also extinct Central NJTransit yard. Half way through our pieces a workbum popped out of the train, I slipped under the train and Kase just walked right passed him said hi like nothing happened. Ill tell you he had heart I couldnt convince him to leave.. Kase said, "let him do what he do and we do what we do".. so I climbed up on a bridge to look out while he continued painting. Eventually vehicles with workbums start rolling up and before you know it there were over a dozen of them on the other side of the train and Kase 2s legs are showing it was broad daylight. I figured I had to get him out. I go back in the yard and try to convince him to leave but he wouldnt budge. Fuck it I took a picture of him and we spent anothere half hour finishing our pieces with a dozen workers aware of what was going on and got over no problem. We basically had to walk out in the open in front of them to leave the yard

NJTKase2actnshot.jpg

The second clean was at the vandal squad headquarters the 180th yard. Snuck through some private homes jumped a fence and walked the track... 10 minutes into our panels the doors open and a worker with a short afro pops his head out the window and says, "yo"... Kase keeps painting..again, "yo what are you doing?" At this point Kase 2 loses his temper, "maaan lissen do what you do we doing what we do" This time I was able to convince him to leave but only after he bashed the workbum questioning why he couldnt mind his business.. it was hilarious he called the workbum a mommas boy and a house negro.Let me remind you besides him having only 1 arm he also wore a plastic leg since his childhood so he wasnt a fast runner but we got over. Amazing that he had THE MOST STYLE and painting massive wholecars with these conditions...

Youll be missed Jeffrey I wish I would've went on more adventures with you. Kase was always down NO FEAR ...RIP

Klas Unico CTA... TFPs

Heard these stories around Jersey at the time and may have even heard it from the horse's mouth one night but I still appreciate you taking the time out to bless us with those stories. Hope all is well. RIP KASE.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 years later...