≤ BELLFLOWER ≥

!@#$%

i haven't been interested in many movies coming out lately..

but this one really piques my curiosity

Bellflower follows two friends as they venture out into the world to begin their adult lives. All their free time is spent building flame-throwers and weapons of mass destruction in hopes that a global apocalypse will occur and clear the runway for their imaginary gang "Mother Medusa". While waiting for the world to end, their call to excitement comes unexpectedly when one of them meets a charismatic young woman and falls hard in love. Quickly integrated into a new group of friends, they set off on a journey of betrayal, love, hate, infidelity and extreme violence more devastating and fiery than any of their apocalyptic fantasies.

a_560x375.jpg

Talk about guerilla filmmaking.

The rough-hewn "Bellflower" from writer-director-star Evan Glodell was made for $17,000, half of which went to turn a '72 Buick into an ungodly contraption called Medusa, the ultimate flame-spewing muscle car.

It was shot without permits, using a highly illegal homemade flamethrower.

The cameras that Glodell used to shoot the film were hand-crafted and souped-up, with built-in dirt on the lenses and high-contrast oversaturation giving the film a distinct -- and distinctively cheap -- look.

Bellflower was shot on hand-made cameras built exclusively for the film. Most notably the Coatwolf Model II Ultra Large Format, pictured below

model2large.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Gonna be out in about 40 theaters in a bunch of different states. San Fran/San Jose/LA in California from what I remember...

Symbols, I'm the first person who will agree that this site goes full retard more often than not, but this thread is about an obscure movie and is less than half a page long. You can't be too upset that in depth conversation and debate hasn't exactly popped off.

Any idea how widely it will be released? Looks dope.

---

Third rail has some lulz

it is super stupid limited release

BUT since it's poppin off in the 'indy' circuit, it may get wider release later

Gonna be out in about 40 theaters in a bunch of different states. San Fran/San Jose/LA in California from what I remember...

Symbols, I'm the first person who will agree that this site goes full retard more often than not, but this thread is about an obscure movie and is less than half a page long. You can't be too upset that in depth conversation and debate hasn't exactly popped off.

full retard. hahaha

i'm venting. it's some other shit too, not only this thread. i'm not upset.. it'd even take more than a 630 point drop in stocks for me to get butthurt :heartbeat:

looks badass.. i love fire.

ohmygosh me tooooo. love fire, pics of fire, setting fires, watching shit burn

72 buick w/ flamethrowers is def the star here

hells. yes.

sounds like a shitty max mad bite

b

Description: Woodrow and Aiden are best friends who worship Mad Max and spend their time building flame-throwers and other weapons as they await the apocalypse. Their dynamic changes when Woodrow lands a girlfriend and makes a new circle of friends. When his relationship falls apart, however, Aiden and Woodrow begin to act out their dark, violent fantasies.

i watched the trailer as long as they dont focus on the love story throughout the whole thing this movie might be pretty good.. its out in nyc now

heres the theater listings

http://www.bellflower-themovie.com/theaters/

• Like 1

yeah, we live in an age where most creative shit you can think of is influenced by other creative shit

when was the last time you heard of an artist/musician/filmmaker doing something that literally had never been done before. it's rare.

and for chrissakes, it's not another remake. i've had it with those. and they usually suck ass.

the love story seems instrumental. but it'll hardly be touchy-feely

and hopefully, not even close to what we think of when we say 'hollywood ending'

yeah. i love movies and today's movies bore the FUCK out of me.

this one might not even be good. but at least it is trying

i am not gonna hate because it's trying too hardt. hahaha

and geeez louise.. there is NOTHING new about making crappy music, of ANY genre.

in fact, you can find shit like anal cunt and meatshits. that stuff has been around for ages. and gg allin before that. YAWN