Anarchy in the UK - London Riots

TONY MAYO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I was younger I used to love this shit. I was downtown for the sox riots and used to wish shit like this would pop off at antiwar protests black bloc style.

Now it just makes me sad. Way to fuck up your own city, your own neighborhoods, your own homes. It's not like they are burning govt buildings, there is no political message here. This has nothing to do with the police or some scumbag getting shot. No one is storming the gates of the aristocracy. It's simply looting and destruction for destruction sake. I know this is kind of a contradictory sentiment to hold on a graffiti message board of all places, the irony is not lost on me, but come the fuck on.

• Like 1

the media is fucking blowing it up out of proportion though I think, they keep reporting riot footage saying from Bristol and is clearly London, just makes the public more scared which then makes them support the police if they start using heavy handed tactics.

10. Soweto uprising – 600 dead

9. 1977 Egyptian Bread Riots – 800 dead

8. Bombay Riots 1992-1993– 900 dead

7. Bloody Sunday 1905 – 1,000 dead

6. Copper Riot 1662 – 1,000 dead

5 Romanian Revolution of 1989 – 1,104 dead

4. First Intifada 1987-1993 – 2,326 dead

3. Direct Action Day 1946 – 4,000 dead

2. Arab revolt in Palestine 1936–1939 – 5,600 dead

1. Nika Riots – 30,000 dead

When I was younger I used to love this shit. I was downtown for the sox riots and used to wish shit like this would pop off at antiwar protests black bloc style.

Now it just makes me sad. Way to fuck up your own city, your own neighborhoods, your own homes. It's not like they are burning govt buildings, there is no political message here. This has nothing to do with the police or some scumbag getting shot. No one is storming the gates of the aristocracy. It's simply looting and destruction for destruction sake. I know this is kind of a contradictory sentiment to hold on a graffiti message board of all places, the irony is not lost on me, but come the fuck on.

REAL TALK! from west indian women in front of hackney youths.

http://www.twitvid.com/4JTZH

This best die down, i'm going down south on thursday and got to make a change at Clapham Station. i have no interest in getting mugged.

them.

i'm all for a good riot with purpose. but no ones fighting for a damn thing except free shit.

I was in Poland with my girlfriend, who just so happens to be Polish, when this all started. Seeing the news of the riots over there made me ashamed to be from London and it was a reminder of eventually having to go home. However, I'm not sure what's the worser representation/reminder, the riots or hearing this fucking song

on the radio.

It's absolute madness

This is what happens when an entire generation have been terrorised all their lives by a corrupt and criminal police force.

This

Pretty sure they have a few armed units around for every few normal cops

Someone told me one time that somewhere, which im pretty sure was England that now all cops have guns but theyre locked in their trunk and they have to call in for approval. Anything true about that?

and what about all the people who owned businesses that were burned down and may have nothing left?

Yeah, this is what sucks about anything like this. Theyre who really lose in these scenarios.

The cops suffer some injuries, they lose a few veichles but in the end they wont lose as much as the middle or even lower class shop owners.

why don't rioters ever go to the affluent(highly; talking about places with real luxury items) neighborhoods and smash shit?

Good fucking question, probably because they know that the cops wont tolerate it there becuse thats where all the wealth is, all the tax money that pays for their whole operation. So fools arent smart/brave enough to venture into the upper class hoods because they know thats when the police will start cracking skulls.

the media is fucking blowing it up out of proportion though I think, they keep reporting riot footage saying from Bristol and is clearly London, just makes the public more scared which then makes them support the police if they start using heavy handed tactics.

Thats what it always seems like, there was somewhat of a ''riot'' in my city last year but it was like a sports riot, it wasnt anything close to a riot for civil justice or anything and it was way minor compaired to the London shit right now.The media here blew it way out of porportion just to sell newspapers

I was in Poland with my girlfriend, who just so happens to be Polish, when this all started. Seeing the news of the riots over there made me ashamed to be from London and it was a reminder of eventually having to go home. However, I'm not sure what's the worser representation/reminder, the riots or hearing this fucking song
on the radio.

Isn't Just Jack like the English Eminem?

Or English Atmosphere?