This Dr. Pepper complex media network

LEVEL 75 PALADIN

mercer,

let me share some shit with you you, since obviously you're still new and you wanna defend the fort and all that jazz....

people aren't 'umad' that there are ads, people are commenting that the ad in question is FUCKING OBNOXIOUS. it's distracting, it's an eyesore and ultimately it's embarrassing to the site. everyone wants to see 12oz survive and make money, but that ad is like your mom giving blow jobs behind Arby's. at least roll down to red lobster an cop some cheddar biscuits between johns.

ch0 can generate a 20 page thread in a days about a hooker blow job. if 4 days has only brought 2 pages of [mostly] off topic bickering, it's really not worth sticking your nose into to try and defend. let people have their opinion and don't fret yourself over it. everyone who frequents here knows the deal. that doesn't mean their not entitled to express an opinion.

• Like 4

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heroin: An opiate.

Heroine: a mythological or legendary woman having the qualities of a hero

If you're going to argue about stupid shit and tell people they don't know what they are talking about. Knowing which word means what is always a good place to start.

thats all semantics

mercer,

let me share some shit with you you, since obviously you're still new and you wanna defend the fort and all that jazz....

people aren't 'umad' that there are ads, people are commenting that the ad in question is FUCKING OBNOXIOUS. it's distracting, it's an eyesore and ultimately it's embarrassing to the site. everyone wants to see 12oz survive and make money, but that ad is like your mom giving blow jobs behind Arby's. at least roll down to red lobster an cop some cheddar biscuits between johns.

ch0 can generate a 20 page thread in a days about a hooker blow job. if 4 days has only brought 2 pages of [mostly] off topic bickering, it's really not worth sticking your nose into to try and defend. let people have their opinion and don't fret yourself over it. everyone who frequents here knows the deal. that doesn't mean their not entitled to express an opinion.

Quote for 100% being right. Not only that but its a specifically badly targetted ad. The vans ad actually worked... People like fashion, but nobody here gives a fuck about soda

Quote for 100% being right. Not only that but its a specifically badly targetted ad. The vans ad actually worked... People like fashion, but nobody here gives a fuck about soda

Actually, I like soda... but the ad (and honestly, the direction this site is going as a whole) is annoying as fuck.

Now, if you need me, I'll be hiding in Untitled.

Please leave us be in there. We don't need any Vice magazine subscriptions or rapper-endorsed cologne, thank you.

• Like 1

You live in texas. So clearly the weed there is probably shitty fucking dirty ass weed from mexico. But the few mexico border states including texas is not the whole country, despite what your boy Bush thinks and most of the rest of the country gets it from the west coast or from canada.

you know nothing of texas and california is a border state...

..and if you think your geographical location makes you better than anyone else you may as well just be French..

/lameargument

i bought a pair of vans because of the ad.

well, i buy vans anyway, but i happened to notice a pair on the ad that i liked.

being besieged by advertisements that either have nothing to do with our lives, or are for products that do not need ad's in the first place (I'm gonna buy dr. pepper or i'm not, the problem isn't my lack of knowledge of it's existence) do not help their cause at all. this site is populated by 15-30 year old males. why aren't there any skate companies? why aren't their more shoe companies that we actually wear? for all the dick riding the site does for nike, why isn't nike putting more money into advertising here? why arent there any ads for graffiti supplies on a graffiti website? instead we've got scion. yeah, that sure seems genuine.

I'm sure it went something like this, "complex, yes, we'd like to set up an ad campaign and our douchbag here that writes the check wants some creative control, is that ok, cool"

Next thing you know "I don't know if they'll even notice it, can we animate it somehow maybe some annoying red flashing lights, ok, I like that better, here's the check"

That shit happens constantly, it's a web designers nightmare but that's how shit works.

It's not like we turned down some other shit like a 5Boro Skate promo with spitfire wheels in favor of this, right now it's what's on the table.

It's like if some dickhole you generally don't like comes in for a shitty tattoo they designed waving around cash, you don't want to do it but in reality that's how shit works.

It's whatever, I've got my own gripes and all with the way shit is going down, and how I was kind of thrown into the meat grinder like this on some silly shit.

Last thing I'm going to do is yell at my TV but keep watching because commercials are annoying. *sunglasses slowly dropping into place*

it's annoying...but i'm not mad. all advertising is.

what really bothers me is that advertising agencies are now targeting my generation and ruining a lot of good songs that i like with their stupid hip hop "look how cool & nerdy i am" commercials and radio advertisements that are not a direct correlation to how people really feel about shit.

the majority of people coming up with this shit are nerds who haven't experienced life. i know, i went to school with them. i'd like to work for a major advertising agency and come up with some creative non-corny shit, but i'm having too much fun traveling and not doing much at my current job.

Mercer I'm not UMAD that Raven needs to cover costs, I don't give a fuck about ads and click them like I said. But have standards. Dont have them cover content. Dont have them flash and move. Don't give us the option of sharing advertising on twitter and facebook. It makes the site look like shit and the content of the ad makes it look corny. Talking about Lil Waynes shoes and fabulous. This isn't Tiger Beat last time I checked.

This isnt being umad, it's offering some criticism, opinions are like assholes.

Edit: If they gave you guys 100k and every mod got a hooker made of cocaine then I understand the flash advertising and apologize. I'd have done the same.

It's all good and I'm not mad, just trying to drop a dose of reality but honestly, no matter what, people are going to complain and still keep coming back.

In all honesty I'm not really happy with the way things have been going lately myself but I understand the only thing I can do about it is not come on here.

Boats, stop being buthurt at 12oz and just don't come on here and constantly cry about it.

Thanks for the arrow tip, didn't notice it and the equalizer was getting on my nerves as well.

Oh and...

MR. PIBB IS BETTER

• Like 1