Pittsburgh.

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Gonna' be at Assemble Gallery for my friend, Ron Copland's show. Staying right near there too.

Come on out and drink some Yingling with me if you're around.

Look for the blond, husky lad with the tattoos.

what gallery opening?

also

what part of town are you gonna be?

you should definantely hit up Primantis.

get a sandwich (i always get the steak an cheese) with an Iron City to wash it down.

Primantis21.jpg

Cool cool...

i live like 10 blocks away..

so east end stuff:

brgr has bomb burgers and alcholic milkshakes. http://www.brgrpgh.com/

shadow lounge/Ava has music an sheit. www.shadowlounge.net

Kelleys is a cool 50's style diner bar with all kindsa good beer. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/4284

the waffle shop, fried chicken n waffles. http://www.waffleshop.org/

Allegheny Cemetery is huge and awesom to walk around. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&xhr=t&q=5125+penn+ave,+pittsburgh&cp=25&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1210&bih=645&wrapid=tljp1312549342426044&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

13-relaxing.jpg?w=700

my deck has the best veiw from the east end, and if you're a ninja (like myself) you can get up on the roof and enjoy even better views.

silver-marker-n-sunset-resize.jpg?w=740

1-9pm | ARTica GALLERY l 5110 PENN: Midsummer art and cool collectible sales continue. Selling stuff low, low, low until we have room to get our cool fall stock in the door. Vintage clothing, jewelry, furniture, lamps, mirrors, prints, posters, orphan art, photos and amazing things you may not be able to live without. 412-596-6521

4-7:15pm | YOGA HIVE | 5491 PENN: Stop by for a donation kundalini yoga class at 4pm, a regular yoga vinyasa class from 6-7:15pm and be sure to pick up one of our new fall schedules! We'll also have awesome "flair" available to spice up your steamy august evening.

5-11pm | STUDIO 5013 | 5013 PENN:

“High Tension” – vinyl paint work by Jeanine Hall. http://www.jeaninehall.com

5-11pm | MOST WANTED FINE ART | 5015 PENN: Kati Burgess and Mike Galone will be showcasing charcoal drawings with realistic rendering skill. Chatham Univ. "Word Circus" poetry starts the evening at 5-7pm. Wilhelm winery will be doing free wine tastings 7-10pm. Grand Snafu performs at 9pm!. More info at 412-328-4737 or most-wantedfineart.com.

6-11pm | PGH BEAUTIFICATION PROJECT | 4810 PENN: the work of studio artists James Shipman, Katy DeMent, Dean Cercone, Sigh Meltingstar and Bob Ziller. Music by Dean Cercone. Free.

6-8pm | BFG CAFE | 5335 PENN:

Bring some friends to this wonderful new Greek Cafe. Original oil paintings by Susan Wagner. Artist Cathy Hartmann will have her handmade jewelry on display. And a selection of photographs of various subjects by Matt Freidhoff.

6-9pm | PGH GLASS CTR | 5472 PENN:

Hot Jam. Free open house featuring heat-defying acts of art in Pittsburgh Glass Center’s state-of the-art glass studios. Don’t miss the current exhibition “10 x 10 x 10.” More info at 412-365-2145 x201 or pittsburghglasscenter.org

6-10pm | TEE REX | 5440 PENN:

Local food, local crafters, local beer, local DJs, and an apparel sale that'll knock your socks off. Graze through our selection of dresses, tanks and kids/toddler items and of course limited edition tees on display by our designers. cottonfactory.com/catalog

6-10pm | ASSEMBLE | 5125 PENN: "With What They Left" is Joseph Close, Ron Copeland, Dana Depew, Dave Desimone. 4 artists reusing and rethinking materials found and salvaged from the "Rust Belt" region. Using anything from scrape wood and metal to window frames and wall paper they're recycling yesterdays junk into furniture sculptures and installations. Free and Fun with some interactive aspects involved. On view thru Aug 27. 412-432-9127 assemblepgh.org

6-11pm | AWESOME BOOKS | 5111 PENN:

Check out Pittsburgh’s newest book-store – 1000s of titles in all subjects: Art, History, Poetry, Fiction, Local, Biographies, Sciences, Lit Crit, Pop Culture, Women’s Studies, GLBT, African-American, Architecture, Anthropology, Philosophy, Archeology, Psychology, Gardening, VHS movies … lots of bargains, too.

7-10pm | MR ROBOTO PROJECT | 5106 PENN: new artwork by Greg Kamerdze. Stop by and see the progress of this new music and artspace in the making.

7-9pm | THE INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN’S ART GALLERY|5020 PENN: ‘Water and Wine’ hosts Richard Rappaport, exhibiting Blue Madonna, a 9-foot high children's painting depicting a Mother and Child, proposed for the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. Also shown is the 10-foot wide 1964 Burial of Christ. Painted in his most realistic manner, this work made the artist legendary at the then-called Carnegie Tech (CMU) in the 1960s. richard-rappaport.net

7-10pm | THE IRMA FREEMAN CENTER FOR IMAGINATION | 5006 PENN:

???

Anyone have good contact info for these folks to share?

7-10pm | GARFIELD ARTWORKS | 4931 PENN: EVOLUTION IN ARTS XIV. Works in various media by Adia, Dennis Warner, Jesse Harris, Bradley Sizemore, Caroline Cratsley, and Tobi Makinde. Music by James Gyre and poetry performance by Adia. Donation requested. Runs until Aug 26. 412-361-2262. garfieldartworks.com

7-10pm | IMAGEBOX | 4933 PENN:

LITTLE DRAWINGS - a solo exhibition featuring a series of ink drawings by Ms. Rebecca Spitler. The drawings are little in size but represent big moments in Becky's life. Reproductions will be made available for sale upon request.

7-10pm | MODERNFORMATIONS | 4919 PENN: “Retrospective,” an anniversary celebration featuring works by artists who have been an integral part of the gallery’s 10-year history. Also on display will be documentation and information about significant events during our 10 years – from poetry readings to concerts, film showings to dance, plays to fundraisers, and many other unique gatherings. Show runs thru July 30. 412-362-0274 modernformations.com

9pm-1:30am | LAW OF OFFICE OF RICHARD J. WALTERS and ADJACENT DOWNSTAIRS ARTSPACE | 5005 PENN:

“Habeas Corpus Milonga.” Join us as we dance classic "golden age" Argentine Tango music in the Office, and Nuevo/Alternative Tango downstairs in the Artspace and explore and dance to groups like Bajofondo, Gotan Project, Otros Aries and whatever arguably fits into the Nuevo/Alternative Argentine Tango musical lexicon. More info 412-721-7771 or rjwesquire@gmail.com

10pm-2am | BRILLOBOX | 4104 PENN:

???

just found this on the local message board..

Cool cool...

i live like 10 blocks away..

so east end stuff:

brgr has bomb burgers and alcholic milkshakes. http://www.brgrpgh.com/

shadow lounge/Ava has music an sheit. www.shadowlounge.net

Kelleys is a cool 50's style diner bar with all kindsa good beer. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/4284

the waffle shop, fried chicken n waffles. http://www.waffleshop.org/

Allegheny Cemetery is huge and awesom to walk around. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&xhr=t&q=5125+penn+ave,+pittsburgh&cp=25&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1210&bih=645&wrapid=tljp1312549342426044&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

13-relaxing.jpg?w=700

my deck has the best veiw from the east end, and if you're a ninja (like myself) you can get up on the roof and enjoy even better views.

silver-marker-n-sunset-resize.jpg?w=740

how longs the drive to pitts from say boston? i've got the next 11 days off and ive been toying around with a drive to philly and the burg. and based on that line up of shit i kind

of want to go like, tomorrow, lulz. FUCK! that SAMMICH!

Went to the Bicycle Cafe so far and was pedaling around the south side area.

27effde0.jpg

Where the fuck do I buy beer here??? No gas stations or corner stores have it.

oh word..

OTB bicycle bar is blocks away from where i am right now..

i gotta piece of (f)art hanging on the wall in the back i can see in that pic..

you gotta buy 6 packs from bars or like pizza shops..

fat heads at carson and 18th has a dope section of beers / make your own 6-pack type deals..

or

you can buy cases from distributers..

there's one on 20th or 21st.

others bars in s.side to check are or at least the ones i can stand are:

dees - between 13th and 14th on carson.

smiling moose - same block.

ruggers pub - on 22nd, 2 blocks off carson towards the river..

lave lounge is kinda cool too - between 22 and 23rd on carson.

there's also a bike trail along the river you can access from 18th street..

yea and philly to boston is like 5 or so... maybe more depending on how you get to ct via ny. Its a pretty long drive, but im heading out to chicago wends and thats 16 in a truck. Anything under 10 really isnt that bad, and under 5 is a breeze to me anymore. Traveling is awesome.

Ive been to pittsburgh, it was the type of place i would like to write on things... not the type of place i would want to go for touristy stuff.

Primanti bros looked super greasy and gross when i was there... i didnt really eat a sandwhich or anything, but it looked highly unhealthy.

how longs the drive to pitts from say boston? i've got the next 11 days off and ive been toying around with a drive to philly and the burg. and based on that line up of shit i kind

I'm tempted to join you, no homo.

I've only been to Philly twice, both times real briefly, and never Pittsburgh. I really wanna go to Pittsburgh. Fuck this thread for reminding me

its like 12 hours, if you're not trying to make that show i'd def. go to Philly first for a few days then head to Pittsburgh, as apposed to driving straight to Pittsburgh.

edit: actually i guess it depends on where you'd rather drive home from.