Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fist 666

************************ hella sikk tattz thread?

Re: ************where is the tattoo thread?

This

IMG_0260.JPG

and this Xam

P1040613.JPG

P1040435.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

gfccgood.jpg

P1040552.JPG

P1040333.JPG

uxtuu+.jpg

All Xam at The Family Business.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

woman11-396x550.jpg

Andrea-Giulimondi-1.jpg

tumblr_lkowed0dFH1qdxneko1_500.jpg

tumblr_lpb3aeyJ4F1qbds2eo1_500.jpg

221013_10150218436674493_525439492_8390698_4559732_o.jpg

59135_468403389492_525439492_6527875_4171483_n.jpg

n525439492_818071_6945.jpg

9728_170089699492_525439492_3654438_5447803_n.jpg

l.jpg

all Andrea Giulimondi at The Family Business

ALso, this place is getting harder and harder to visit everyday.12oz used to be one of my favorite things, if nothing else, because of the amount of friends I had here actively participating, and the amount of inside jokes and stories it created. Half of those friends haven't been around in years.

i agree, and even though i don't contribute to this or the other thread, this or that thread still remains the most enjoyable to lurk through.

i haven't been on 12 in a long while, but have been coming in and out whenever the mood strikes me and i get totally bored and over everything else on the internet. i don't even open all the threads because i already know what's inside...a bunch of juvenile bantering.

let's make new inside jokes, while you're still here....stop creepin' while you're sleepin'.

• Like 1

sharp.

menace (or you other bay folk),

recommend someone radical in/around the town that is well versed in the way of viscous dogs and/or complacent cows.

luckily your'e in the belly of the beast homie, just depends how much nacho cheese you wanna give up!?

Temple Tattoo

Tattoo 13

FTW Tattoo

Blackheart Tatttoo

Picture Machine Tattoo

Spider Murphys Tattoo

Pops Old Town Tattoo

American Graffiti

Forever Tattoo

are a few shops/folkers i have befreinded over the years.

yeah, that dude is killer.

i'm just blown away because i felt like such a pussy for my 4 hour panther on my calf.

proves a panther always a good choice for a cover up

• Like 1

^Ryan Gagne, Classic Tattoo in Red Deer Alberta.

He gave me this during his guest spot at Blackbird Electric in Calgary over the weekend.

tumblr_lps6xinWGt1qjx9sjo1_500.jpg

9728_170089699492_525439492_3654438_5447803_n.jpg

kind of looks like

tumblr_lm0wgtWo1I1qgduswo1_500.jpg

no?

l.jpg

Jonas Uggli

I can't pinpoint why, but this one doesn't look downs syndrome-ish to me.

everyone can be laughed at until their merit is proven.

you can't write everyone off just because it's the easy thing to do though.

people said fine line could never hold up.

it did. often times far better than its more 'traditionl' counterparts.

im not putting jeff in league with bob. I'm not guaranteeing it's going to last, but at some point things do change. someone steps up and proves things can be done differently. if anyone has the skill and the passion to do it its jeff. time will tell.

i feel what your'e saying....to a point. people who thought what i was doing 5-6 yrs ago was like some fucking novelty/antique store shit. little skill & passion turned the tides, and now i have worked with some of the best around, worldwide.

you just have to look at the 3 post above & wonder....is a fucking color portrait on your forearm really going to hold out as long as something bert, coleman, boltz, uzi, phillips, mindell, cripwell, xam, sylvia, etc..... would!?

or do just uneducated people want it because it's pretty?

(really though)

no, I'm sure it's not going to hold up as well, but is a kia senate a better car than a ferrari, because it has less maintenance issues? it's kind of comparing apples to oranges.

everything falls apart eventually. people are used to seeing 50 year old traditional pin ups that are such a blur, they look like they have a cockroach for a face. we see them and we think 'man, thats fucking awesome', even though if judged critically, its actually a total piece of shit. but we accept that it's what a tattoo looks like after 50 years. we don't see the product before us, we see the the tattoo shop 50 years ago with the line of sailors half a block long. we see the history and thats why we love it.

problem is, history doesn't end. traditional tattoos gave way to biker tattoos. and anyone that was around tattoos 15 years ago knows that anglo dragons were the laughing stock of tattooing. fast forward to today, when i see a 50 year old dude with a big ass dragon, or a wizard.... fuck man, i get pumped. not cause the tattoos are good, they never are, but because i see that dude sitting in that shop in 85, listening to sabbath getting a sick ass castle tattoo.

after that came chromed out graffiti everything, and ill be honest... not enough time has passed to make me really appreciate that stuff as a whole. I'm not sure i ever will, but never the less, it happened. and now all this color portrait shit is happening. and maybe 90% of the people are just churning out abortions, but there are a few people who are doing stuff that i'll bet are gonna still look bitching in 20 years. yeah, they'll be faded and have lost some of their luster, but you'll still be able to see the quality.

don't get my long winded tirade wrong, i fucking hate color portraits. i hate all this hyper color shit. i think it looks retarded, but I'm not gonna dismiss it categorically cause nothings ever that cut and dried. my coworker got a tattoo from bert a couple months ago. the thing is gonna be an indecipherable black blob in 10 years. waaaay too much black. i see people looking at tattoos saying 'man, that things so awesome, theres so much fucking black in it!'. yeah, so much that theres too much, and its gonna look like hell. i see it in bailey hunter robinsons work as well sometimes. sure it looks cool now, but its gonna are just as badly as some of this art fag shit. does it look bad ass today? sure. but if the argument is longevity, people need to remember that shit goes both ways.

sorry, just trying to throw out some food for thought, since i think this is a real important topic at this point in tattooing.

yep.

i like to hear other peoples takes on such & such. and your opinion is very much correct on pretty much all points. i just think it's kooky. it makes me think of some dood who was really good at like oil painting. and one day was like shit, i should start tattooing this shit on people!?

i am just stuck in my ways & like tattoos, not art. i think it relfects in almost 110% of my work. pretty bare bones, straight to the point style. i just think a tattoo should look like a tattoo, thats all. and when you change the formula, it most likely will fall apart.

agreed that yes, no matter what. unless you are a vampire & live in a sunless cave...they will most likely ALL look like terds in 50 yrs!?

(castles & merlins over chromed out spray bottles any fucking day!)

Andre Malcolm, recently of FTW in Oakland, currently of Analog in San Jose:

IMG_4207.JPG

5989.jpg

IMG_4208.JPG

4604.jpg

3957.jpg

His dragons kinda remind me of Mick from Zurich. They have that lurid, Euro-Japanese vibe.