************************ hella sikk tattz thread?

Fist 666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I just got home from our little trip to LA, and I brought a friend:

2hrl4k3.jpg

I went to Bob Roberts and asked him for one of his tiger heads. He saw the spot I had open and furrowed his brow. "That's gonna be tough." He tried to sketch something on, but I could tell he was kinda flustered, so I said, "Ya know, I also really like your spiders." He lit up and said, "Now you're talkin'!" He drew it on and knocked it out in half an hour. All in all, it was a great, great experience. He and I chatted about music and, of course, tattoos. He asked to see my back, then said, "I got a snake on my back, too." He then proceeded to melt my face off by showing me his Ed Hardy backpiece, as well as his Horiyoshi III torso pieces. Coolest fucking dude ever, and I am beyond stoked on my black widow.

• Like 1

thats awesome. is he still tattooing full time, or do you gotta use magic to get something from him?

i drove past it a couple times last week when i was out there but was always in a rush to get someplace so i didn't stop. i always regret not stopping there when I'm in town, yet i never make the time.

im also shit at going in and just chatting with fools i don't know too, so.... whatever.

thats awesome. is he still tattooing full time, or do you gotta use magic to get something from him?

i drove past it a couple times last week when i was out there but was always in a rush to get someplace so i didn't stop. i always regret not stopping there when I'm in town, yet i never make the time.

im also shit at going in and just chatting with fools i don't know too, so.... whatever.

He's semi-retired, seeing as he just turned 66. It was super easy to get an appointment, though. I just called the shop and asked a few weeks in advance. I think you'd be able to get in with him pretty easily.

That shop is fucking awesome, dude. You should definitely check it out and try to get something. Bob's a legend for a reason, and getting tattooed by him was a real honor. Plus, the tattoo itself rules.

Every time I see something by Guy le Tatooer I wonder how it will hold up.

Pardon me while I'm asking this again, but I still would like to hear an educated opinion on whether something like this can hold up if done right -

tumblr_lstfneAlAD1qerbdoo1_400.jpg

We've had it already - some think it's stupid to have a palm tattoo whilst, apparently, not having some anywhere else,

I must say I very much like the idea of having just very few, but pithy tattoos - hence I like the one above.

BUT if that thing would be doomed to like shit given a few years, well, then the concept would be kinda flawed.

would like to hear an educated opinion on whether something like this can hold up if done right

tumblr_lstfneAlAD1qerbdoo1_400.jpg

Most people think it'll fall out. Seeking says he could make it stick.

All the typing that could have been spared.

img_0588.jpg?w=614&h=819

Brad Stevens

brian-paul.png?w=640&h=855

Brian Paul

weird, some kid was in the shop today with a tattoo by him.

i liked that guy a lot more before i looked at his site and realized he was another boardwalk emperor. so fucking sick of that shit. i accidentally watched a video about cris cleen the other day. christ almighty, the pompousness almost gave my computer gay aids.